Possible DF auction site

Announcement Board - Please check this forum often!
Melissas Babies

Re: Possible DF auction site

Post by Melissas Babies »

I found that out, I was trying to load photos that were too big so reduced them and it worked fine. Can I play some more and see what else I can do???? I am really not very computer literate so it is good practice.
Creations from the Heart
I take paypal
money orders
checks
layaways available

http://www.doll-fan.com/gallery2/v/melissasbabies/
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 154&type=1
sweetcheeksangels-Prudy

Post by sweetcheeksangels-Prudy »

Gee I am glad I came here.. I don't usually pay attention to this forum... :oops:
Sound like a great idea.. haven't read all posts.. but will... Hope it's a go.. :D
Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve »

yeah, no problem if you want to test the auctions.
Loves of My Life
Van & Hudson
Benjamin & Margaret
azurelise

Post by azurelise »

I think it is a great idea as well. Keep us posted!
SassyKittySharyn

Post by SassyKittySharyn »

Thanks Steve and Melissa. The auction site looks great! :kittyroll:
fayrae

Post by fayrae »

Has anyone figured out how to put in a background?
LornaO

Post by LornaO »

fayrae wrote:
As a buyer, not seller, I would purchase only from an auction site that mandated payment through paypal.

just thought i'd very quietly throw that in there....just a thought...bye
Why, oh why, oh why, would you only want to deal with PayPal? PayPal/eBay are the biggest crooks on the Internet. If we could only use PayPal, that would be the same as dealing with eBay. Might better stay there where there's all the exposure. PayPal is one of the main reasons so many sellers are leaving ebay for smaller, friendlier, less greedy sites.

Steve, if you haven't sold on ebay for a couple years, you have no idea what a nightmare it is now. I'm afraid to list dolls there anymore because it's so easy for the buyer to say the item wasn't what they expected, file a claim, get a refund and keep the item. PayPal has a zillion reasons now for freezing seller accounts, screwing up their bank accounts ... If you read ebay's community discussion boards, you'll get an eye full of dissatisfied sellers.

Personally, I like the auction format. We already have Esty with fixed prices. Go for it! :pray:
Has anyone heard of RevolutionMoneyExchange? I use it and it basically works the same as paypal. It does not yet link with shipping, but I just use my own personal bank account for that. There is the normal 3 day money transfer, and you can also get a debit card too. The best part is that when someone pays you, there are NO FEES.... Just thought I would mention this.

BTW STEVE, I would DEFINATELY USE this new auction site. I hope it works out well. I also think that if you open it up to a few other catergories besides the doll world, that will bring in more buyers who were not really looking for dolls, but stumble across them and then we get someone else hooked...

Also, would you consider having a section for like patterns, where some one buys a pattern and we can send them the link after payment so they can download it instead of having to put it in the regular mail?

Okay, thats it from me. I am really looking forward to this site happening, and I will for sure spread the word on my own forum and one other one I am on.
Brendas Babies

Post by Brendas Babies »

I have signed up with Revolution money but I don't know anyone who takes it. Do you?
Sweet Quinny by Nikki!
LornaO

Post by LornaO »

Brenda, if we could get all the dolly people to go to this new auction site, and get the traffic to get the sales, then why couldn't we get everyone to use RME? I know that there are alot of stores that you can use this card at. If enough people were to contact them to us USPS and UPS, they just might empliment that. I just don't like giving my money to paypal and evilbay. I still do use my paypal, but dang, they just take our money. We don't get our total sales $$$.

There is a list on RME of stores and such that you can use your card at.
Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve »

Just an update...it's getting there :) The test site is still there but it is mainly being worked on at the domain where it will stay right now. One thing that I think will work for different types of sellers is that there are two options for setting up auctions. There is the normal one auction type setup where there are small setup fees(like for featured in a category) with final value fees but sellers also have the option to set up a store type account where they just pay a monthly fee($20 or $30 month depending on how many items a seller wants in their store) where there are no setup or final value fees. The store option would work best for those who plan on selling multiple items per month or higher value items where the flat rate per month would be less than the final value fees. For example, you could sell 10 dolls per month and just have the flat $20 per month charge.

I really don't have an ETA on it but probably at least a couple more weeks.

Thanks,
Steve
Loves of My Life
Van & Hudson
Benjamin & Margaret
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Thank you Steve, I just registered. I will do just about anything to keep from having to give my money away to eBay. I am so sad. I just sold two tiny dolls and you would not believe the amount of money they KEPT! I made ZERO profit.
I am exited and hope DF auction will be up and running soon. :dance: :dance: :dance:
Jeanne

Post by Jeanne »

I think it's a SUPER idea !

Count me in !!! :toast:
Froggies4Brandi

Post by Froggies4Brandi »

This really sounds like an AWESOME idea!! :D
Suebee

Post by Suebee »

I just registered ... I'm a little behind the times around here, but LOVE the idea of an auction site!!!!!!!!

It would be COOL to do all my online browsing/shopping/selling through DollFan! <g>
Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve »

Just so you all know the test site in the link is really no longer being worked on for it's getting ready for it's final destination. The recent accounts there won't be activated since it's going to be the non-working one though it'll open up at the new location here in a bit.

thanks,
Steve
Loves of My Life
Van & Hudson
Benjamin & Margaret
Melissas Babies

Post by Melissas Babies »

:elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :dance:
Creations from the Heart
I take paypal
money orders
checks
layaways available

http://www.doll-fan.com/gallery2/v/melissasbabies/
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 154&type=1
Purple_Kangaroo_Angela

Post by Purple_Kangaroo_Angela »

I would use an auction site here. I'd love to see one!

Angela
Rosesprad

Post by Rosesprad »

Sounds great to me also !

Rose Marie
Kathleens_foreverbabies

Post by Kathleens_foreverbabies »

Did this idea die altogether? I was reading along and then looked at the dates.....2009??? I was so hoping it was current as I would love to get off Ebay! Anyone?
christina

Post by christina »

But would sellers be any better off if the auction had to have people registered other than DF members. I could see people outlawed on ebay migrating to this auction site.
And to those people who don't want to pay with paypal it does offer some insurance if a purchase goes wrong or is lost in transit.
I am in UK & there is probably no other way to pay a US seller without incurring massive charges.