DollFan Auctions now live

Announcement Board - Please check this forum often!
Steve
Site Admin

Re: DollFan Auctions now live

Post by Steve »

No, Virginia, it doesn't..they are almost immediately sent. I can see that one was sent to you so I'd check your spam filters to make sure it didn't get picked up that way. If you or anyone else can't find it just let me know and I can manually approve you.

thanks,
Steve
Loves of My Life
Van & Hudson
Benjamin & Margaret
Bonniehaha

Post by Bonniehaha »

I registered! What an awesome idea Steve!!
Yia

Post by Yia »

Yia
Susan thenurserymaid

Post by Susan thenurserymaid »

Some technical difficulty. When I click on a reborn auction I get a drop-box with this message:

Safari cannot find the interent plug-in.
This doll auction has content of MIME type "video/x-ms-wmv". Because you don't have a plug-in installed for this MIME type, this content cannot be displayed.

I have a MAC OSX.
Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve »

The auctions currently allow videos to be uploaded though am thinking it's kind of overkill and might stop that. Anyway, if an auction has a video in it your browser needs to be able to play it...x-ms-wmv is shorthand for a microsoft streaming movie which safari doesn't play automatically and needs a plugin for. That particular auction, btw, doesn't have a real video uploaded from what I can tell...I think when it was created an image link was put in the field for media/video uploads so it's trying to display a regular image as a movie. I'm not sure how familiar you are with plugins for Macs and if you know you have such a plugin installed...Flip4Macs is a program designed for safari to show microsoft content via quicktime which is more native to macs and know many use it for just that case. If you think you have the necessary plugin already I wouldn't tinker with it....I'll take a closer look at that particular auction because your browser might not be able to handle an image trying to be displayed as a movie.

Steve

btw....I'd personally move away from Safari as a browser ;) ...Firefox for macs is a lot better written browser and has less issues with rendering web sites. It's not necessarily Safaris fault but there are a lot of compatibility issues out there.
Loves of My Life
Van & Hudson
Benjamin & Margaret
EmilyJ

Post by EmilyJ »

Hey Steve, do you prefer that we register with our DF name? Also, something I would like to see on the auction site is an option to trade. I loved that feature on Magnolia Lane before it closed.
:heart: Lilliana reborn by Daria Makarenkova :heart:
Lilliana doll kits are available to purchase now!

http://www.babiesbyemily.com/
http://www.facebook.com/babiesbyemily
Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve »

you can use whatever username you want(well, nothing profane :) ). Trading is possible and shouldn't be too hard to implement.

Steve
Loves of My Life
Van & Hudson
Benjamin & Margaret
Audrey

Post by Audrey »

Oh Wow! If my Reborn Adam doesnt sell on Ebay, I'm going to try it on DF!
justme1510_Linda

Post by justme1510_Linda »

Hi Steve...
I paid the verification fee so I could sell on DF auctions, and was wondering how long it takes for the verification to go through.....would love to list some things, but it won't let me......
Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve »

Hi Linda,
Normally it's immediate but you caught me tweaking a couple of things on the site at what looks like around the same time so it was delayed....I pushed it through a bit and it should be ok for you now..Please let me know if now.

Steve
Loves of My Life
Van & Hudson
Benjamin & Margaret
justme1510_Linda

Post by justme1510_Linda »

Steve wrote:Hi Linda,
Normally it's immediate but you caught me tweaking a couple of things on the site at what looks like around the same time so it was delayed....I pushed it through a bit and it should be ok for you now..Please let me know if now.

Steve
Thank you Steve!! You are so awesome!! I don't care what Rosie says about you!!! (JUST KIDDING!!)
I tried it and it let me go into the selling area....so now I just need to get my stuff listed.
Thanks again.
Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve »

justme1510_Linda wrote:
Steve wrote:Hi Linda,

Steve
Thank you Steve!! You are so awesome!! I don't care what Rosie says about you!!! (JUST KIDDING!!)
I tried it and it let me go into the selling area....so now I just need to get my stuff listed.
Thanks again.
Hi Linda,
Just so you know you don't have to be verified to sell....you'll get a nag screen before entering the selling area with a reminder of what it is but it does provide a link to continue on without verification. It's really there just as a way to verify seller information....one thing I wanted to implement but was unsure how was to simply credit the $2 verification fee directly back to a users account automatically. I think I've got it figured it out now and if I implement it will manually add that credit to those who have done so thus far....verified sellers do receive a 50% off on all fees, too. I'm personally not too concerned with it's lack of use right now and figured it would take a long while before really getting used but there are quite a few registered users and many that have taken the steps to become verified.

thanks,
Steve
Loves of My Life
Van & Hudson
Benjamin & Margaret
Iekie

Post by Iekie »

Cannot register, it does not eat my e-mail adress ......??????