Fairly large board update in an hour or two...

Announcement Board - Please check this forum often!
April

Re: Fairly large board update in an hour or two...

Post by April »

I must admit that after getting used to the change over a couple of days I can't remember what the other board looked like. :oops:
Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve »

For the text size, it's going to remain as is simply because of the added functionality of the A on the top right.

If any of you want to try another color change your board style in UCP->board preferences to prosilver...this is pretty much the stock colors of the board and is more blue than anything. You can also change it under a "board style" on the front of the site at the left hand side.

Is anyone still having issues with the "view more smilies"? The code for that really didn't change so I imagine it is still giving some users problems...I personally can't reproduce it though am aware of some browser settings and external applications(like some pop-up blockers and anti-virus apps) which can lead to issues with it.

thanks,
Steve
Loves of My Life
Van & Hudson
Benjamin & Margaret
Joy-n-KY

Post by Joy-n-KY »

If any of you want to try another color change your board style in UCP->board preferences to prosilver...this is pretty much the stock colors of the board and is more blue than anything
My old eyes like the blue much better :D
Donna Lee Originals

Post by Donna Lee Originals »

Steve wrote:the only reason it changed color is because it denoted that you had read the posts in the topic once you clicked on it...it would change back to the original color once a new post was in the thread..please read above to tell the same thing by the image which shows which topics have new posts in them.
thanks,
Steve
Thanks Steve,
I understand what you are saying (I think..LOL) It would be great if it did what you are saying.
But, I just went to OOAK for sale.
I clicked on the very first post. Then I click BACK to the main OOAK for sale page.
It did not show me by a changed color.....even though no-one has re-posted again.

It is very helpful to have the links change colors and stay changed........
This really helped me know which ones I have clicked on and which one i have not clicked on....
Dollfan use to do be this way for me.......

ps...I am sooo glad we have spell check now!!!

~~Full Body silicone Elsie-Mae below~~
http://www.donnaleeoriginals.com/ElsieMae.html :heart: :heart:

Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve »

Donna Lee Originals wrote:
Steve wrote:the only reason it changed color is because it denoted that you had read the posts in the topic once you clicked on it...it would change back to the original color once a new post was in the thread..please read above to tell the same thing by the image which shows which topics have new posts in them.
thanks,
Steve
Thanks Steve,
I understand what you are saying (I think..LOL) It would be great if it did what you are saying.
But, I just went to OOAK for sale.
I clicked on the very first post. Then I click BACK to the main OOAK for sale page.
It did not show me by a changed color.....even though no-one has re-posted again.

It is very helpful to have the links change colors and stay changed........
This really helped me know which ones I have clicked on and which one i have not clicked on....
Dollfan use to do be this way for me.......

ps...I am sooo glad we have spell check now!!!
Hi Donna Lee,
I'll try to explain it another way :) Instead of links changing colors showing whether or not there are new posts in a thread there is an image, Image next to the topic title if you have not clicked on the link/read the thread and there are new posts in it. Before, if you clicked on a topic it would change color because it is assuming you read the posts in it...if a new post was made it would revert back to it's original color......same thing with the image next to it. It will be there if there are new posts you have not read in it and won't be after you click on the topic that has one...once a new post is made in that thread after you have read it the Image will show again.

thanks,
Steve

btw...to the text size thing...it is possible to have the board remember your preferred font size so if it is set by a user while browsing you won't need to set it again on the next visit. I'll look into it later today...playing hooky from work with a slight flu.
Loves of My Life
Van & Hudson
Benjamin & Margaret
Donna Lee Originals

Post by Donna Lee Originals »

I get it now!!!!!! LOL
man...I didn't even SEE those little things.......
Thanks steve

~~Full Body silicone Elsie-Mae below~~
http://www.donnaleeoriginals.com/ElsieMae.html :heart: :heart:

Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve »

Two more styles have been added.
you'll find subsilver2 and subsilver2_DollFan in your board preferences...the last one probably looks pretty familiar to most...not exact but pretty close

thanks,
Steve
Loves of My Life
Van & Hudson
Benjamin & Margaret
Joy-n-KY

Post by Joy-n-KY »

subsilver2_DollFan
:dance: :banana: :elephant: :elephant: :banana: :dance:
Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve »

Joy-n-KY wrote:
subsilver2_DollFan
:dance: :banana: :elephant: :elephant: :banana: :dance:
It just amazes me because when it was updated to that a couple of years ago the non-stop complaining of the change was quite a bit :) It's something I'm used to now...everytime the board gets updated (and there have been quite a few over the past several years) it's always the same ;) It is quite a bit easier to create more styles/colors now that the last update has been implemented.
thanks,
Steve
Loves of My Life
Van & Hudson
Benjamin & Margaret
r2pn_sheri

Post by r2pn_sheri »

Steve just a comment on the read/unread links and the link going to a light grey once i had personally read it
mine did not revert back to the new post or "unread" colour of bright blue once someone else posted on it, from what im reading here it was supposed to but mine never did. it stayed light grey once i had read/opened it once and that feature was so helpful in not accidentally opening the same post 20+ times without realising id already read it and it wasnt a newly posted topic
marilyn

Post by marilyn »

Nice job, although I think the new look is going to take some getting used to. Can't seem to find my way around the board.