Anyone want one of their pics to be used for the header?

Announcement Board - Please check this forum often!
Steve
Site Admin

Anyone want one of their pics to be used for the header?

Post by Steve »

Hey all,
After changing the header image around a couple of months ago my intent was to have some rotating images up there and did at the time request if anyone had images of their own they wanted up there as well to let me know. It was requested in a thread that got buried pretty quick in the general forum so not sure how many of you saw it.

Anyway, if you have a hi res image you think would work please let me know. You can PM me or post in this thread but would need a link to the image online. Not all images would work I imagine but it doesn't have to be a group of dolls but an image that would work with about the same dimensions as what is there now. The image will be edited, btw, and if you are concerned with how it will look I can always show you the end result before making it a part of the site. Of course, you need to be the owner of the image where I'm not looking for suggestions to use copyrighted images by others.

thanks,
Steve
Loves of My Life
Van & Hudson
Benjamin & Margaret
jacque123

Re: Anyone want one of their pics to be used for the header?

Post by jacque123 »

What size picture will work Steve? I would love for one of my pics to be up there! What fun and a fantastic idea!
MandyJ

Post by MandyJ »

It's a very cool idea :D
SjonesReborns

Post by SjonesReborns »

bump
medici

Post by medici »

I would call for the OOAK artist out there and for some of our reborners. We have so much talent here on the forum and it would be a nice way for them to be able to get their work highlighted. Maybe so that each image could be the header for maybe a month or two before next one.

I think maybe many would like that, but are shy to come forward.

Hugs

Anne *throwing the ball to our artists here on the forum*
Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve »

jacque123 wrote:What size picture will work Steve? I would love for one of my pics to be up there! What fun and a fantastic idea!
The larger the original image the better.....I'll shrink it down but the higher quality image to start off with the better it will look after my attempts at making it into a logo. I truthfully have a tough time with images ;) I might combine some of your images together into one depending on the pose of the doll(s) for you can tell by the logo now it is quite wide compared to the height...that is one of the reasons that image was used because all the dolls together filled it pretty well.

Thanks to those who have PM'ed thus far with your images...I was planning on having at least one done by today but life got in the way though made some pretty good headway into it.

Steve
Loves of My Life
Van & Hudson
Benjamin & Margaret
SUGARSHACKBABIES CRYSTAL S.

Post by SUGARSHACKBABIES CRYSTAL S. »

cool idea
Debbie

Post by Debbie »

I love this idea Steve. I'll look around to see what I have available. I think the ooak artists would be a great place to start too!
Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve »

There is sort of another header made but it's not really done...just have it up for testing the randomness thing. I am artistically challenged so the image isn't all that great but just wanted to make sure what I plan will work first. Will work on the image itself soon ;)

thanks,
Steve
Loves of My Life
Van & Hudson
Benjamin & Margaret
SarahCupcakeNursery

Post by SarahCupcakeNursery »

id love for mine to be used! :)
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Wonderful idea, Steve! Show solidarity for the forum. I like what you have so far! :dance:
Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve »

ok, I have three done so far which are rotating.

The original one...

This, the next one, which I'm not quite happy with and will probably tweak it a bit...

And this one which I just finished...

I'm working on another one which will probably be done tonight...thanks to all who are submitting images to use. Some are extremely difficult for me to crop out and I might not be using them not due to the image itself being bad or anything to do with the doll(s) herself but more due to my limited ability at image manipulation ;) Dolls wearing the same or near color as the blanket they are one(white on white, for example) are pretty tough for me to work with so if I don't use an image you submitted please don't think it's a negative reflection on the doll/image. I haven't had a chance to respond to all who have submitted images yet so please don't think I'm ignoring you....again, it just takes me a long time to go through and work with pictures. I really need to become more proficient at this stuff.

thanks,
Steve

just got the 4th one done...I like this one. It is just 2 images merged together and if any of you have group shots of your dolls which is what the 1st header image is, too, that makes my life easy ;)
Loves of My Life
Van & Hudson
Benjamin & Margaret
Melissas Babies

Post by Melissas Babies »

can you use the ones in our gallery
Creations from the Heart
I take paypal
money orders
checks
layaways available

http://www.doll-fan.com/gallery2/v/melissasbabies/
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 154&type=1
Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve »

Melissas Babies wrote:can you use the ones in our gallery
yes, but I won't use them without a user submitting them.
Steve
Loves of My Life
Van & Hudson
Benjamin & Margaret
Lydia Yee

Post by Lydia Yee »

Steve wrote:ok, I have three done so far which are rotating.

The original one...

This, the next one, which I'm not quite happy with and will probably tweak it a bit...

And this one which I just finished...

I'm working on another one which will probably be done tonight...thanks to all who are submitting images to use. Some are extremely difficult for me to crop out and I might not be using them not due to the image itself being bad or anything to do with the doll(s) herself but more due to my limited ability at image manipulation ;) Dolls wearing the same or near color as the blanket they are one(white on white, for example) are pretty tough for me to work with so if I don't use an image you submitted please don't think it's a negative reflection on the doll/image. I haven't had a chance to respond to all who have submitted images yet so please don't think I'm ignoring you....again, it just takes me a long time to go through and work with pictures. I really need to become more proficient at this stuff.

thanks,
Steve

just got the 4th one done...I like this one. It is just 2 images merged together and if any of you have group shots of your dolls which is what the 1st header image is, too, that makes my life easy ;)

I think the 4th one is the best! :toast:
pudditat

Post by pudditat »

What a neat idea Steve!! I PM`d you with the link to my Bunny pics.

Susan
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

:dance: Fantastic job Steve! I love the 1ST and the 4Th the best. Not for the dolls, just because they are closer together. :toast:
luna

Post by luna »

Wonderfull great idea :elephant: and very nice to see also :heart:
i pm you with link of some dollies :hug:
BrandyBeayon

Post by BrandyBeayon »

I just now saw this I always wondered how those beautiful babies came to be up there :)
Melinda_lerner

Post by Melinda_lerner »

I would love to do something.