Concerning Jana Yepez

Announcement Board - Please check this forum often!
Steve
Site Admin

Concerning Jana Yepez

Post by Steve »

Hello all,
I know that this person has caused some grief to a few of you with reported theft and "scams"....not just here but elsewhere in the doll world, too. Today I was notified by a Deputy in Douglas County, Oregon that she is under arrest for "several charges related to fraud" who wanted me to notify any of you with active criminal cases already filed in your home state that her whereabouts are now known.

Jana YEPEZ (aka Kaye GAYLE)
Douglas County Jail
1036 Douglas Ave
Roseburg, OR 97470

She is booked under the alias of Kaye Gayle and I was able to find the page showing her as an active inmate in the county jail. http://www.dcso.com/inmates_in_custody_ ... 95&inmate= There is contact info available on their web site if needed though the Deputy did state they cannot help with criminal cases outside of the state of Oregon. Sounds like it is best to let your own agency know.

thanks and hopefully this can help settle some cases you may have.
Steve
Loves of My Life
Van & Hudson
Benjamin & Margaret
kd

Re: Concerning Jana Yepez

Post by kd »

I remember her.
Sabrina

Post by Sabrina »

:shock: I have not a clue what happened :shock: Was there any topic about her? :shock:

I am so out dated :?
Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

Her name is Jennifer too.. This isnt the same Jennifer that was scamming everyone is it?

edited to say.. that was Jenny Gannon... I guess its not the same...too bad!
Annette

Post by Annette »

Thanks for letting us know, Steve.

I hope now, that everyone who was scammed by this person, will get satisfaction.
Hugs Annette
Matthia

Post by Matthia »

Wow, this is interesting. She scammed me out of $950 in personal checks, but I live in Massachusetts. I wonder if there is anything at all I can do. Does anyone know?
kd

Post by kd »

Call your local DA office and ask them if you can press charges.
lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra

Post by lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra »

Matthia, From my own personal experience when I was scammed on fraudlant checks. I first had to file a complaint with our local police department. I then had to contact the district attorney in the womans state as well as her police department. Unfortunately I was told that someone (that someone could be anyone) would have to actually come in and file a complaint for me or on my behalf. Or I would have to drive (in my case to Arkansas or was it Alabama I don't remember) to file in person. This was the only way that I could file criminal charges. I also contacted interent fraud with the FBI. My situation was different as my bank really messed up on this too so I had them fighting on my side by the end of it also and discovered all of her other criminal activities. So this helped me out and my bank actual refunded me the money and they prosecuted her instead.
Sandra from WV

Post by Sandra from WV »

I had to go and look at her mug shot because she became legend for being such a crook :twisted:
She was so good at scamming I thought she would be older..
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

Thanks Steve. It's nice to finally see a scammer get what's coming to them.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
Lindyloo7

Post by Lindyloo7 »

I do so feel for you ladies, I never had any dealings with her myself, I do admire you Steve for bringing all of this to the attention with pictures and details about her to the ladies on the forum,at least something is being done, scammers and frauds don't belong in our doll world and it is such a pity that a few more of these people don't get the just deserves.
Monique_B

Post by Monique_B »

Wow...I live in Oregon (not super close to Roseburg) but I'm 98% sure I've seen her before. She looks very familiar. Glad she's where she belongs!
Deni

Post by Deni »

Wow, it's amazing that you guys in the US have this facility, I wish we had it here in AUS!

So glad they caught her but... she is eligible for bail, so if someone coughs up the $$$ she's out again!
Dion

Post by Dion »

Jana was the person that told me about Doll Fan and encouraged me to become a member and I thought she was SO nice. I met her on EBay when I bought Jocelyn Fagan from her.....my very first silicone doll. She was known as Wynterkay here. She lived in Susanville, CA, at the time and SAID that she was taking care of her boyfriend who was dying. I now believe that she was waiting for her boyfriend to get out of the prison that is located there. My nephew is a prison guard at that facility now and the wives and girlfriends stay in small houses there in that town waiting for their husbands or boyfriends to get released. She evidently moved to Nevada after that, and that's when she did her scamming. I was going to buy her LTR Carrie when she set up her scamming ad in Silicone Dolls for Sale, and we PM'd each other a few times. her PM's were SO nice and she seemed like the Jana that I had known before. She never would quite commit to selling Carrie to me, and I always wondered if she wouldn't sell to me, because we had been friendly previously :dunno: . I was very lucky that she was so hesitant, because I would have been another victim, too, I am sure. I was shocked when she scammed everyone here. I would have definitely trusted her. It was so incredibly sad and disappointing. It was hard to believe that the seemingly wonderful person that I had met a few years before could really do something so awful here. It was like she was two entirely different people.

I sincerely hope that all of you who lost money will be able to get it back. That was a very, very sad chapter here at Doll Fan. The very best of luck to each one of you.

:hug: :foryou: Hugs and Blessings, Dion
Brendas Babies

Post by Brendas Babies »

I am glad she didn't take your money and run Dion!
Sweet Quinny by Nikki!
Dion

Post by Dion »

Brendas Babies wrote:I am glad she didn't take your money and run Dion!

Me, too, Brenda, but I was so sad that she would scam the other ladies here :cry: . I did get scammed soon after that, though, by someone who Jana had scammed :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: . That's another story altogether :lol: .
Sandra from WV

Post by Sandra from WV »

What was her user id on eBay?? Just wondering if I ever had any contact with her... :?
Dion

Post by Dion »

Sandra from WV wrote:What was her user id on eBay?? Just wondering if I ever had any contact with her... :?

I don't remember her user ID on EBay. I did my transaction with her in 2005 and my memory doesn't go back that far :oops: :lol: !! Maybe some of the other ladies will remember her info, Sandra.
Matthia

Post by Matthia »

She seemed very nice to me too and had bought a Breedveld baby from me. That is why I felt comfortable doing a layaway on her so-called Himstedt Ilai. What a mistake that was! My hubby said to try to forget about it and let it go as it is unhealthy for me to dwell on this. But still, $950 is a lot of money to me and I will always think about it when times get tough money-wise around here. Can't imagine doing that to someone, she must have had some addiction problem or something. I keep hoping that someday she will do the right thing and return my money to me, I know that's ridiculous but ya gotta keep up the faith.
Annette

Post by Annette »

I didn't realize she was Wynterkay on here, Dion. She was not only scamming with the dolls etc., she scammed with the swaps too.
Got story after story about sick relatives, and her being sick, yada yada yada. Then "it must be lost in the mail"....twice! But luckily, didn't lose anything where any money was concerned.

I hope that all the people who were scammed by her, for money or dolls or whatever, manage to get satisfaction through this arrest. Hopefully the authorities can get you your items back or your money.
Hugs Annette