Updating some stuff today..Classifieds

Announcement Board - Please check this forum often!
Steve
Site Admin

Updating some stuff today..Classifieds

Post by Steve »

Hey all,
Just a heads up that I'm going to be updating some functions on DollFan throughout the day. I rarely do this type of update but am adding a different type of classified system and though tested am not sure how it will work functionally with sales and whatnot so once done will probably be tweaking it over the next week or so to see if it will fit with how transactions typically take place here(based on feedback from you all) and whether or not it simply will fit at all. You'll see once it's up and running....a couple of users have already tested it out and had some good response from them and suggestions but basically, everyone is going to be a guinea pig for a bit with this ;)

Anyway, if you see some errors or strange behavior over the next couple of hours on the site it's just me playing around.

thanks,
Steve
Loves of My Life
Van & Hudson
Benjamin & Margaret
Steve
Site Admin

Re: Updating some stuff today..Classifieds

Post by Steve »

Ok....you should all see a new tab for "Classifieds" which is what I am currently working on. I wouldn't really recommend using it yet for "real" sales and advertisements but feel free to play with it and I'm definitely looking for some input on it. It's somewhat straightforward but very different....if it becomes useful it will probably replace part of or all of the current classified forum system. I'm really not too sure how it will fit.

I didn't write this modification though have edited it slightly to more fit DF...still a bit to do and a work in progress. To help understand how it works there is a section of text for users(buyers) reading an add and a section for sellers who must agree to the terms in order to post an ad. Much of it is just explanation stuff right now on how it works but I'll just include here a copy and past of it.

Rules for Sellers

Please read the general classified guidelines at http://www.doll-fan.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=90323 before placing any classified ad. Your ad may be edited or deleted without notice if it does not follow the directions given.

Your ad may be for direct transactions solely on DollFan or a link/description to an outside site such as Ebay or your own website...it is not recommended to have it for sale both here and elsewhere to avoid conflicts with potential buyers. For example, if you are simply posting a link to your Ebay auction or website do not enter your PayPal email address for that allows users to buy directly from you on DollFan while you may have active bidding on your item elsewhere. If you are selling elsewhere or simply do not want to enter in a price you can select the option, Price by agreement, which will not have a set price included.

If you do enter your PayPal email address for the ad a PayPal button will appear for registered users of DollFan to purchase directly....non registered users will be unable to see this option. Please bear in mind if you chose this option to include shipping in the total cost or in your description of your item that shipping will be figured out and charged as a separate transaction depending on the buyers location. As a seller you do have the option of editing your preferred price which can be utilized if a potential buyer contacts you and negotiates a sale. This option can be used as well to include shipping costs in the total sale if the buyers location is known....please ensure if you do edit your preferred price to include shipping to have the buyer immediately complete the transaction to avoid another individual from completing the transaction meant for another. If this occurs DollFan recommends a full refund to the non-intended buyer.

DollFan is in no way responsible for any loss or damages resulting in the use of it's classified system. It is provided solely as an avenue for individuals to promote their own goods and services and by using DollFan to engage in transaction you agree to not holding DollFan liable for any such losses or damages that may occur. DollFan does recommend extreme care in non face to face transactions to ensure your safety.
Rules For Buyers
DollFan provides a classified system for the sole use of buying, selling, or trading doll related items and services to it's members and guests.

Items posted in the classifieds are to the posters discretion either directly available via this classified system or simply advertisements to external sites such as Ebay where the item may be purchased/bid on outside of this site. Non registered users to DollFan may be unable to contact or purchase items that are exclusively being advertised on DollFan depending on the contact info supplied by the poster in their ad.

DollFan is in no way responsible for any loss or damages resulting in the use of it's classified system. It is provided solely as an avenue for individuals to promote their own goods and services and by using DollFan to engage in transaction you agree to not holding DollFan liable for any such losses or damages that may occur. DollFan does recommend extreme care in non face to face transactions to ensure your safety.

It is recommended if an item is for sale on DollFan by a user(i.e., not a link to an outside avenue of sale such as Ebay) to read the item description carefully and contact the seller directly before purchase. If enabled by the seller you may see a button for direct PayPal payment for the item and the total cost may or may not include shipping. Please note that non-registered users of DollFan will not see the PayPal button and to the sellers discretion no outside contact info such as an email address is required to be provided. Members of DollFan can utilize the internal PM or email system to contact the seller.

I'm not going to go in a lot more detail right now since I'm strapped for time....have 4 kids in baseball/tee-ball this spring and gotta head out in a bit :) Again, just feel free to play and create/edit/delete/stop ads if you want. btw, non-registered users currently can see the PayPal button in your sales ads if you enter in your PayPal address(not your email address, just the option to pay via PayPal) and I may leave it that way if wanted though plan on making it so they can't.

thanks,
Steve
Loves of My Life
Van & Hudson
Benjamin & Margaret
Le Pistache Nursery_Tiffany

Post by Le Pistache Nursery_Tiffany »

I listed a doll with my ebay link - I read the terms but I hope I did everything correctly and that I'm in line with the rules! :) Cool that you added this function, I really like it
Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve »

Le Pistache Nursery wrote:I listed a doll with my ebay link - I read the terms but I hope I did everything correctly and that I'm in line with the rules! :) Cool that you added this function, I really like it
Thanks for playing with it...it's really no different rules from the classified forums except I just want those who use it to understand when a price should be put in(for direct selling on DF) and when it shouldn't like links to eBay auctions. Slowly but surely working on it still and hopefully you find it useful.

thanks,
Steve
Loves of My Life
Van & Hudson
Benjamin & Margaret
lisa_moments_in_infinity

Post by lisa_moments_in_infinity »

Thanks Steve! That was really user friendly :)
It's better to fail in originality, than succeed in imitation~Herman Melville
http://moments-in-infinity.webs.com
SjonesReborns

Post by SjonesReborns »

so if I read correctly you're saying that if we add our paypal adress it will automatically add the paypal purchase button? What if you're paypal and regular email adress are the same and you just wanted emails.
Le Pistache Nursery_Tiffany

Post by Le Pistache Nursery_Tiffany »

Steve wrote:
Le Pistache Nursery wrote:I listed a doll with my ebay link - I read the terms but I hope I did everything correctly and that I'm in line with the rules! :) Cool that you added this function, I really like it
Thanks for playing with it...it's really no different rules from the classified forums except I just want those who use it to understand when a price should be put in(for direct selling on DF) and when it shouldn't like links to eBay auctions. Slowly but surely working on it still and hopefully you find it useful.

thanks,
Steve
That's great! I hope it starts catching on (which I think it will!) Very user friendly and I got my post up in just a few short minutes. The small icon/photo is a nice addition too :)
Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve »

SjonesReborns wrote:so if I read correctly you're saying that if we add our paypal adress it will automatically add the paypal purchase button? What if you're paypal and regular email adress are the same and you just wanted emails.
It only adds the PayPal button if you enter in your PayPal email address when creating the ad itself...if you don't want it to show that don't enter it when creating the ad. Just like on the normal forum there is an email button(PM button as well) which a user can click on to contact you via email if that is all you want....that email address is the one you have in your profile. I'm thinking I understood what you were looking for but if I didn't answer your question please let me know.

thanks,
Steve

There are a couple of cosmetic bugs with it right now....if you look at an ad it shows "classifieds" under the Advertiser Info with info that is supposed to be about that user like number of active ads, sold ads, etc.....it's actually showing the numbers for the user who is looking at the ad and not the advertiser. I will probably add the ability to upload images for classifieds but it needs some work to make it a bit more user friendly
Loves of My Life
Van & Hudson
Benjamin & Margaret