SPECIAL SISTERS SIGN-UP

Forum exclusively for all gift exchanges and host information for gift givers.
Joy-n-KY

SPECIAL SISTERS SIGN-UP

Post by Joy-n-KY »

Another update Jan. 6th.
Please remember sign-ups DO NOT start until the 21st. So if you've sent a pm letting me know you want to be a SS, you'll have to do it again Jan. 21- Feb 7
I can't keep up with all the pm's that start weeks before...so that's why I set a date :wink: I'm sorry but I'm on the edge of crazy so bear with me.

Please DO NOT post your personal info here

Sign-ups will begin Jan. 21-Feb. 7
I also wanted to add, when you PM me let me know what country you are in. Many ladies want to have a sister but only if their in the same country. It'll make it much easier for me if I know where you are :wink:

No more secrets! Secrets lead to probelms, and I'm tired of problems. All I need is your email address. I'll match you with a sister, you'll exchange your personal info with each other. Keep in mind, there are no secrets, your sister WILL know who you are...so those who sign up to scam for free gifts and never send anything to their sister BEWARE :lol:
Do I seem upset? Well I AM! Yes, several DF member signed up to be "secret sisters" and NEVER contacted their sister :evil:
Your sister will be your sister for 1 year. There will only be 2 sign ups a year, the next will be in Feb. 09.
So send me a pm with your email address if you'd like to join :wink:

You can use this form as a guideline to exchange with your SS, fill out as much or as little info as you want
QUESTIONAIRRE

1. YOUR DOLLFAN USER NAME:

2. YOUR REAL NAME:

3. YOUR ADDRESS INCLUDES STREET, CITY, STATE, ZIP CODE AND COUNTRY

4. A PHONE NUMBER THAT YOU CAN BE REACHED AT ( BY HER) IN CASE THERE IS A PROBLEM (this will not be given to your sister)

5. YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS

6. YOUR BIRTHDATE

7. YOUR FAVORITE HOLIDAY

8. WHAT MADE YOU INTERESTED IN THE SECRET SISTER PROGRAM?

PLEASE LIST ANY SECRET SISTERS YOU HAVE HAD IN THE PAST.

9. HOW MUCH EMAIL CONTACT WOULD YOU LIKE? (Mark your choice in some way.)

A. As much as I can get. I check my email at least several times per day
B. About once a week would be fine. I don’t really check my email more often than that.

C. About once per month is plenty. I’m a very busy person with work, family, outdoor activities. I don’t spend much time on the computer

D. Only on special occasions

10.My favorite forums on Dollfan are: (List your 3 favorite)

9. DO YOU SPEND ANY TIME IN CHAT?

10. YOUR FAVORITE CANDY

11. YOUR FAVORITE FOOD

12. YOUR FAVORITE FLOWER

13. YOUR FAVORITE DOLL

14. YOUR FAVORITE DOLL ARTIST

15. WHAT SIZE DOES YOUR FAVORITE DOLL WEAR?

16. IS YOUR FAVORITE DOLL A FULL OR PARTIAL SCULPT?

17. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE WAY TO RELAX?

18. WHAT ARE YOUR HOBBIES?

19. WHAT ELSE DO YOU COLLECT BESIDES DOLLS?

20. WHAT SIZE DO YOU WEAR IN TOPS/SHIRTS/ SWEATERS?

21. WHAT DO YOU LIKE TO DRINK? (COFFEE/TEA/HOT CHOC/ SODA )

22. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COLOR?

23. WHAT PETS DO YOU HAVE?

24. WHAT TYPE OF MUSIC DO YOU ENJOY?

25. WHAT TYPE OF BOOKS DO YOU LIKE TO READ?

26. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MOVIE OF ALL TIME?

27. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU MAY GET AN INTERNATIONAL SISTER ASSIGNMENT?

28. WHAT ARE SOME THINGS THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE BUT DON’T EVER BUY FOR YOURSELF?

29. WHAT IS THE WORST GIFT YOU EVER GOT?

30. WHAT IS THE BEST GIFT YOU EVER RECEIVED?

NOW for the unpleasant part in which you do receive a grade. You must answer YES to each of the following statements to be accepted into this program.

1. I am over the age of 18, and if not, I am willing to send by mail my parent/guardian consent for my participation.

2. I understand that I must give the sister that I care for at least 2 gifts per year. Her birthday must be one of them. Her favorite holiday or Winter holiday should be the other.

3. There is no recommended price. I understand that giving should be from the heart and what a person can reasonably afford given their financial circumstances.

4. I understand that the Birthday/Holiday gifts meeting the two gift per year requirement must be new and unused.

5. I understand that if for some reason I am unable to follow through on my secret sister obligations I will let the administrator know as quickly as possible so that a new sister can be assigned.

6. I understand that failure to follow through on the secret sister obligations may result in public exposure of my name on Dollfan and a refusal to allow participation in other gift exchange programming.

7. I understand that this is a program of giving to others. All reasonable efforts will be made to find a sister that will watch over me as well but there are no guarantees and the administrator doesn't have a stick big enough to reach out and make everyone do what they are supposed to do even though she wishes she did.
Last edited by Joy-n-KY on Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Joy-n-KY

Re: SPECIAL SISTERS SIGN-UP

Post by Joy-n-KY »

We have five SS that joined yesterday :D Thanks ladies.

Anyone else? All I need is a pm with your email address :wink:
Joy-n-KY

Post by Joy-n-KY »

We have eight sisters so far. Nine more days to join :D
CherishedlittlelambsNorma

Post by CherishedlittlelambsNorma »

I want to join pleaseeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!
Hugs
Norma
Joy-n-KY

Post by Joy-n-KY »

Norma just pm me with your email address and I'll add you to the list :wink:
sheilzabellle

Post by sheilzabellle »

I would like to sign up too. I did read that the next sign up is in Feb. of '09 but here is my information so thatyou wil have it.

QUESTIONAIRRE

[edited out info by Steve]
Rebornbabydreams Marga

Post by Rebornbabydreams Marga »

[edited out info by Steve]

Joy doesn't need this posted publically and since this part of the site is public your personal info here isn't a good idea ;)
Joy-n-KY

Post by Joy-n-KY »

Thanks so much Steve :thumb:
Hi ladies :hello:

All I need is your name, Doll-Fan ID and email address (sent in a private message). All other information is to be exchanged with your Special Sister once I match everyone up.
This part of the forum is not private, the safe thing to do is edit your posts and remove all your info.

I will post when the Special Sister sign-up begins :wink:
Jaye

Post by Jaye »

Hi
I am Jaye my id is pinkjaye. I would love to be part of the ss. It ia 2:00am and I am loosing my thought process so will check more on this tomorrow.

Thanks sk much
Jaye
sheilzabellle

Post by sheilzabellle »

When will the next sign up be? I wanted to prticipate this time but the sister I was assigned dropped out and is no longer a member of DF.
Denise at Neises Nursery

Post by Denise at Neises Nursery »

I too would like to join in on the next one.
TatmanCreekNursery

Post by TatmanCreekNursery »

Hello, My name is Megan and I am a new member. I would love to have a SS. What do I do to sign up? I love to shop and send prizes and love to get stuff in the mail too. I am in the US.
belinda

Post by belinda »

When will sign up begain again?
Belinda
Lindyloo7

Post by Lindyloo7 »

Hi, I would be over the moon to sign up for special sisters would you include me please, I don't mind where I post to . I am in the U.K pleaseeeeeeee sign me up. hugs Linny x
shopaholicdeva92

Post by shopaholicdeva92 »

I'll do it!
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

I too am in the uk,I would love to be sistered with another uk person :)
ShoSho

Post by ShoSho »

ohh so the next round is next Feb 2013? ten days after my BD