SPRING GIFT SWAP.. MINE WAS A NO-SHOW UPDATE.....

Forum exclusively for all gift exchanges and host information for gift givers.
Lainey

SPRING GIFT SWAP.. MINE WAS A NO-SHOW UPDATE.....

Post by Lainey »

UPDATE ON MY NEXT POST ON HERE.......

Hi ladies.... Has anyone tried to contact the person they are swapping with and having no luck? I sent my gift out over a week ago and have not heard anything from the person I sent it to. I have written her a few times and she isn't responding to my emails or PMs.

I have sent her PMs and they are unopened, so I don't know what else I can do. I am kind of starting to feel like I am in this swap by myself??????? Can anyone advise? Thanks.
Last edited by Lainey on Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HUGS, LAINEY
[image]11057[/image]
jehmma

Re: SPRING GIFT SWAP.. HAS ANYBODY????????

Post by jehmma »

Lainey, I am sorry. I just know how frustrating that is, be it a swap, a sale, or return/refund. It would have been considerate to acknowledge receipt, as well as let you know when you can expect your package. Best of luck to you. :)
Lainey

Re: SPRING GIFT SWAP..I HAD A NO-SHOW FOR IT!!!

Post by Lainey »

:hi ya: I wasn't going to write this, but have thought better of it. I don't know if anyone else has been affected like this, but thought I would let you know.

I entered the Spring Gift Exchange and sent my gift off to the proper person so she would have it in time. When the time came for me to receive mine, there was Nothing! She has not even acknowledged receiving her gift either. I have written her asking her if she got it only to get no response. :dunno:

I keep telling myself she must certainly have a reason for not responding, but am beginning to think maybe there is no reason. I hope in the future, this lady doesn't do to someone else what she did to me this time. I am sorry if I sound bitter, but the gift exchange is a great thing to do and I am so upset that someone would abuse this wonderful thing.

Any thoughts anyone????? Thank you.
HUGS, LAINEY
[image]11057[/image]
Carmen in nj

Re: SPRING GIFT SWAP.. MINE WAS A NO-SHOW UPDATE.....

Post by Carmen in nj »

oh Lainey I am so sorry, this happened to me too.. it was a baby swap in another group, I send my baby with all the love, and I received nothing,it took me 4 years to join another swap, I just did I hope everything goes well and I don't regret it.. I am so sorry... next time we can swap you and me alone.
gentle hugs,
Carmen in nj
dollaholicandrea

Post by dollaholicandrea »

I agree Lainey. People should not sign up if they can't follow through.
April

Post by April »

I sent mine off, but never heard from the gal that received it. Don't know who had me, but I didn't receive anything. :dunno:
lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra

Post by lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra »

This is the reason I don't join swaps. I am sorry that you have to put up with this aggrevation and hurt. Just a suggestion I think private swaps or trades are great. I have done a few of those where it is only two people not a group.
Lainey

Post by Lainey »

I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that it was a total swap between two people. The lady I had sent to, had written me in the beginning that she had my gift all ready to send and even said when she "planned" to send it out. But...... that never happened.
HUGS, LAINEY
[image]11057[/image]
April

Post by April »

So basically who we sent to was supposed to send one in return? :dunno:
Lainey

Post by Lainey »

From what I understand, that is how it worked. I'll check with Amy and make sure.
HUGS, LAINEY
[image]11057[/image]
GramaJudyB

Post by GramaJudyB »

April posted:
So basically who we sent to was supposed to send one in return?
That's the way it was with me. I sent to Cathie and Cathie sent to me.
I did have that happen with me in a Christmas swap a couple of years ago. It is so disappointing to send a gift in good faith and not receive any kind of response....no gift or even a thank you. I hope that you hear something soon.
LaceyMichelle

Post by LaceyMichelle »

I Just sent mine off today! But I also just received my lovely gift a day or 2 ago. I totally spaced it. It's been sitting here packaged up and all ready to go on my desk lol.. Sorry to my swap friend!!
Bonnie

Post by Bonnie »

Aww Lainey, that stinks. I have only been in one swap. We didn't "trade" per say, but we recieved from someone and sent to a different person. I never did get my baby from the destined person, but I ended up with a lovely baby anyhow. I hope you end up getting your baby soon. Do you know if this person has done this before? If I recall right, my person had done that in a prior swap :(
Hugs~ Bonnie
A bonified member of the Paci club!

Imagehttp://www.bonniesbabybundlesnursery.webs.com
MandyJ

Post by MandyJ »

lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra wrote:This is the reason I don't join swaps. I am sorry that you have to put up with this aggrevation and hurt. Just a suggestion I think private swaps or trades are great. I have done a few of those where it is only two people not a group.
me too Debra!, I'm so sorry this happened to you Lainey and all you other ladies,
hugs MandyXX
safcfootienut_Jo

Post by safcfootienut_Jo »

this is so unfair to the ladies who sent their packages in good faith. I stopped playing the wish game because the same person granted my wish twice and didn't send anything. She said both times the package must have been lost in the mail.

Can we maybe keep a list of people in Off topic who don't follow through so that they are not allowed to join swaps in future and spoil it for those who do want to play nicely????

Jo in the UK
JoLi Designs
Lainey

Post by Lainey »

Can we maybe keep a list of people in Off topic who don't follow through so that they are not allowed to join swaps in future and spoil it for those who do want to play nicely????
Jo, that sounds like a good idea. This has happened to too many people on here.
HUGS, LAINEY
[image]11057[/image]
Froggies4Brandi

Post by Froggies4Brandi »

Oh Lainey, I am so sorry to hear that this has happened to you. I know what a SWEET lady you are. Why would anyone want to hurt someone like this!!? It just don't make any sense to me.

I would LOVEEEE to participate in the swaps and so forth but I do not b/c I have no job to be able to buy or send the items b/c it's not right when you send yours but your partner does not. :( Again, I am so sorry Lainey that this has happened to you!! :cry:

P.S. <3 I totally agree with Jo!! There should be somewhere where we can do that!! :toast:
noniesgirl - Gina

Post by noniesgirl - Gina »

I wasn't in the swap but I think it stinks that people are not getting a gift in return. I agree with Jo, I think it needs to be posted so that they can't join in on another swap or even the wish game or the ABC game. Unfortunately, there are some among us who's job is nothing more than to see how much they can get for nothing. Then they turn around and resell the gifts items they get. It sticks.

Lainey, you are a super sweet person and I feel bad that you got gyped. :cry:

Gina
Lainey

Post by Lainey »

Thank you so much for the support ladies. It was bad enough that she never sent anything, but I went way beyond what I was supposed to do and after getting her the doll gift, I also send an outfit for her one year old baby girl. Now that really stinks.....

I am going to start a post where those who want to, can list the people who did not follow through. I think that is only right. I want to participate in exchanges in the future and hope this never happens to anyone else again.
HUGS, LAINEY
[image]11057[/image]