Another person who didn't follow through with the exchange

Forum exclusively for all gift exchanges and host information for gift givers.
Polly

Another person who didn't follow through with the exchange

Post by Polly »

I was trying to be understanding because I did send my package out a week late, but it's been almost a month now so I don't think I am getting my exchange gift.

My trade partner was Melissapeach.

I got a PM from her around Aptil 20th, saying that had been a death in the family and that she didn't remember if she had sent out a gift or not, so she was just gonna buy something else and send it, and then I would have two packages. I haven't got either one. I don't know about other people, but when I do exchanges I always put a tracking number on it ( I put a tracking number on the package I sent her and it was delivered 2 days after I sent it). I don't think the PO lost two packages to my house in a row. I sent her a PM on april 21st, she logged in on april 22nd but did not read it. I know she has been pretty active on FB playing farmville so I don't think there's anything wrong.

It's very disappointing. Now I wish I hadn't entered the exchange and kept the stuff I sent. I sent a Brand new Rumble Tumble set with sailing boat theme with pants, shirt, bib, booties and hat, a Kissy Kissy Romper and a pack of pacifiers. It takes all the fun out of playing these games and I definitely don't wanna be part of the next, unless I know the person I am exchanging with.
Lainey

Re: Another person who didn't follow through with the exchan

Post by Lainey »

I agree with you, Polly. I sent her a Gymboree outfit, shoes to match and an outfit for her real baby as well. I found her on Facebook and she accused me of scamming her, and swears she sent her gift out.

HER DF NAME IS MYALIROMANCE AND HER NAME IS ALISHA MADER.
Last edited by Lainey on Mon May 03, 2010 7:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HUGS, LAINEY
[image]11057[/image]
jenniferwatier

Post by jenniferwatier »

I am sorry to hear this Polly, I would not do one either unless I felt comfortable with the exchange partner. I was thinking about this exchange program before and wondering what we could do to make it safe. I know some girls like to do a baby exchange and have had issues their too.
I hate to say this but I think maybe in order to participate in it we should have to be long standing board members of at least 12 months in good and active standing (and members can vouch for us) with only positive transactions on here and a minimum of 3 transactions in the last 12 months....or along those lines...

I think we need a catagory on here that is titles WARNING...where this stuff can be exposed and others can be warned not to do business with them.
mistygail

Post by mistygail »

:( that's so sad. It's so much fun doing these gift exchanges when the people actually DO THEM.
Misty Gail
Wife to Andy, Mom to 5
Bonified member of the
Exclusive Kangaroo Club
& Koala Club!

MandyJ

Post by MandyJ »

I'm sorry Polly and Lainey,
hugs MandyXX
Audrey