IS THIS FORUM A GONER???

Forum exclusively for all gift exchanges and host information for gift givers.
Brooke

IS THIS FORUM A GONER???

Post by Brooke »

Doesn't anyone do gift exchanges any more? I guess not 'cause nobody posts here. Might be fun to start it up again, tho'
NancyWdollielover

Re: IS THIS FORUM A GONER???

Post by NancyWdollielover »

I would be interested, let me know what to do :D
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, that's not nice. Well, just like Santa, we could do a naughty list. Or remember how long ago teachers used to put the name of someone misbehaving on the blackboard - how about an angry teachers' list (but not banned or anything).
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Nancy, I think that what has been done in the past is someone posts a "WISH" - like I wish I had . . . - and then someone says they will grant that wish. Then the person granting the first wish gets to make a wish of their own. So you could end up having different people making wishes, and different people granting and then wishing, and on and on.
For me, my wish would be for a soft special-occasion baby blanket not specifically for a boy or girl. So, if my wish is granted, that I get to grant a wish for someone else. Not necessarily the person who granted my wish tho'. That's if I understand how it goes. But I'm not sure . . .
heatherisdolliecrazy

Post by heatherisdolliecrazy »

i took part in the wish game years ago and i found it to be fun...just this time around i sadly will not be able to play...i don't have enough money to do so...
NancyWdollielover

heatherisdolliecrazy wrote:i took part in the wish game years ago and i found it to be fun...just this time around i sadly will not be able to play...i don't have enough money to do so...

Ok, so Heather..you wish for a whole bunch of money-when someone gives it too you-you pass it around to help all of us...BROOKE Did I get that right :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, maybe post this in general, so more people read it-I'll def play, but I don't have the blanket :oops:
tovisbabies

Post by tovisbabies »

I used to enjoy the exchanges...I got scammed a couple of times, but mostly it was good!!

tovi
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

That's just my feeble understanding of it, and I'm pretty sure I'm way off. Perhaps other people who were involved in it and had good experiences can give us the details.
heatherisdolliecrazy

Post by heatherisdolliecrazy »

lol i love it...i am challenging 1 million of my dolly friends to each send me a dollar lol....and or a doll lol...
Lainey

Post by Lainey »

melissa22474 wrote:Yes I think that would be great!! I think the issue has been that many times there would be a few that would recieve a gift but didnt return one back :(

That is exactly what happened to me the last time I participated in one. The lady has since left DF. :dunno:
HUGS, LAINEY
[image]11057[/image]
lisa_moments_in_infinity

Post by lisa_moments_in_infinity »

Brooke wrote:Nancy, I think that what has been done in the past is someone posts a "WISH" - like I wish I had . . . - and then someone says they will grant that wish. Then the person granting the first wish gets to make a wish of their own. So you could end up having different people making wishes, and different people granting and then wishing, and on and on.
For me, my wish would be for a soft special-occasion baby blanket not specifically for a boy or girl. So, if my wish is granted, that I get to grant a wish for someone else. Not necessarily the person who granted my wish tho'. That's if I understand how it goes. But I'm not sure . . .

I thought I saw something like this when I first joined and was searching old posts. BUT I think the way it worked is that someone wished for something, and the the person who GRANTS the wish is the one who gets to wish for the next item and so on.... I would join in the fun if we did it and set some clear rules.
It's better to fail in originality, than succeed in imitation~Herman Melville
http://moments-in-infinity.webs.com
NancyWdollielover

count me in if you guys want to start it :D
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Me three.
Lowcountry_Lisa

Post by Lowcountry_Lisa »

I would be interested if we're doing something modest! I can't afford anything really expensive.
christina

Post by christina »

I have never taken part in this but in my understanding it isn't a gift if you have to receive something back. That is an exchange.
A gift is something freely given of your own will without expectation of return.
amberjs1

Post by amberjs1 »

I'll throw my two cents in....there was a game...A, B, C list or something to that effect when I first started here....it went on for a while and then died out. I was dumb enough to request that we start again.....So it did, and by no means was I "in charge"...I just encouraged people to start playing and they did. Well, when someone didn't get a gift or they were next on the list I started getting pm's that I should take the person to task that hadn't sent the gift....nope, not my place and the game sort of fizzled out after that.