Please Delete!

Forum exclusively for all gift exchanges and host information for gift givers.
lifesabeachbabyKim

Re: Please Delete!

Post by lifesabeachbabyKim »

I just want to know one thing and I will ask it here since you seem to be getting a pass on your new thread but why on earth if you can afford kits in excess of $500 why are you asking us for supplies? I think you only got your feelings hurt because we didn't all jump on the bandwagon with you and your "giveaway" and you were shocked like any teenager would be. That is normal if you are only sweet 16. Make no mistake. You started this thread asking for kits supplies for a RAFFLE(for money). A raffle that YOU would have gained all the money from, not us, so excuse me but I'm not sure I buy it. You never said anything in your original edited post about free tickets for the donations or anything. And where is your reborning mom? Why is she not here? Are those high end LE kits really hers or yours? It is far more likely that they are hers since you are only a child. But if they are yours then you have no business asking for supplies. Sell a KIT. Buy your supplies. It's that simple. And no one asked you to leave. No one would. Did you do all of those dolls on your website or did you get help from your mom on them? Some of them are quite good so if you did you are off to a great start in reborning but as far as your reputation as I said before I would be very careful of what I posted if I were you in the future. Dolly people are no dummies. That's just some good old-fashioned "motherly" advice. Good luck!
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Helena, is that the right name? I did go to your website to look. I also recently requested some "donations" to make babies for Alzheimers patients, and I think I may get one or two or?? However, I hope I made it clear that I only needed unwanted or unneeded kits and/or parts that wouldn't otherwise be reborn. I also made it clear where the reborn babies made from these kits would go. And I think everyone understood that I would be responsible for anything else needed to finish the babies (paint, eyes, weighting, etc.) I had some generous offers and I hope to be able to give a baby to someone who needs one soon (I'm just finishing an AA baby now).
I'm not trying to pat myself on the back and say "I did it right and you didn't". In fact, some people may not think I did it right (but I hope not!)

You need to be very clear what you are trying to accomplish. For example, you didn't seem to know the difference between a "raffle" (where people have to buy chances to win something) and a "giveaway". You can see that some members didn't want to send stuff to you only to end up having to pay for a chance to "win" back what they donated.

However, your giveaway idea is not bad; you seem to be asking for people to send you any spare baby making parts or items that they have hanging around and then you will add your talent and time to make a baby to giveaway. Perhaps you were planning on giving credit to ALL of the people who made donations to the giveaway baby so the recipient would know how many DF sisters participated in bringing their baby to their arms.

Finally, if the baby is to be sold for profit to be donated to a charity you need to be very clear where the $$ would go. The name of the charities or beneficiaries.

I know I made a few rude comments too because I was also angry and confused. I am sorry.
noniesgirl - Gina

Re: Attention Artists, Need Supply Donaters for baby giveawa

Post by noniesgirl - Gina »

TinyGiftsNursery wrote: Just wanted to do a giveaway with the ladies here!
! I thought it would be fun of we all chipped in on supplies, and I was the Reborner... I really hate fighting on the forum! It's so silly, and it's all about a stupid giveaway I was thinking about doing. People are just stating to assume things, like I don't have money for my dream baby, or a silicone. People are starting to think I am a scammer. :( I just don't think it's fair that you ladies just start making assumptions, when maybe you should just pm me to clear things up. But thank you for contacting me. If you want to talk more please pm me as I am so frustrated at the moment with the hurtful comments I have received.:(
I don't think you are truly understanding what it looked like from our point of view. You are very new here and you started out saying how a full bodied silicone wasn't worth much and you were looking for a full bodied silicone doll for less than $1000. Then you show a list of all the sold out popular kits you have and say how you just spent $550 on a Jayden kit. That sets off red flags to us, you can afford $550 for a vinyl kit and yet only want to pay $1000 or less for a full bodied silicone? Then you post that you want to do a raffle and want people to send you kits and supplies to fund this raffle? No where, in your original post, did you say anyone who donated would get a free ticket and even still; people are supposed to donate to you so you can make money from ticket sales to others not on this forum? :dunno: Most of the ladies on here reborn to put a roof over their and their family's heads and food on the table, we don't have mom and dad taking care of those needs. Many struggle to get enough money to get the supplies to make their own reborns to sell.

You may think that 16 is not a child but to those of us who have children twice your age and older ... you ARE just a child. If you want to play with the "big girls" you need to be able to pull on your big girl panties and take any heat you get from the mistakes you make. You can't say you are not a child in one thread and on another thread, use your age to get people to feel sorry for you and say the ladies on here are being "mean" to you. This forum has been over-run with scammers, so you need to understand why so many of us are a little ( a LOT) gun shy of a newbie that comes on and starts asking for donations but yet isn't willing to sell any of her Limited Edition kits. Many here have had to sell their dream babies over the past few years just to pay for medical bills, car payments, etc. and you get upset because no one is willing to donate to your raffles. I don't know if you are aware of it or not... but the economy stinks right now. Some are out of work or have major health concerns.

Perhaps, if you want to do a giveaway; start out by supplying the items needed first and then maybe in the future others would happily donate to you, once you have shown them a reason to trust you. One way to start building that trust is to do what so many have asked you to do... put your real name in your user ID and put that you are a minor in your Avatar. There are many of us on the forum that want to know when they are dealing with a minor. Plus, it is the RULES that you do that.
Last edited by noniesgirl - Gina on Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

She has been a seller on ebay since 2009
lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra

Post by lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra »

I just want to ask one more question. You claim to be a reborner but in your intital post you were asking for supplies. I get the kits, body, even mohair. But what artist does not have paints?? Why would you need GHSP donated? You think that you would have them already since you are the "youngest pro reborn artist" out there.
alienor

Post by alienor »

Pebby wrote:She has been a seller on ebay since 2009
so she sells since she is 13 ? wow !
lifesabeachbabyKim

Post by lifesabeachbabyKim »

noniesgirl - Gina wrote:
TinyGiftsNursery wrote: Just wanted to do a giveaway with the ladies here!
! I thought it would be fun of we all chipped in on supplies, and I was the Reborner... I really hate fighting on the forum! It's so silly, and it's all about a stupid giveaway I was thinking about doing. People are just stating to assume things, like I don't have money for my dream baby, or a silicone. People are starting to think I am a scammer. :( I just don't think it's fair that you ladies just start making assumptions, when maybe you should just pm me to clear things up. But thank you for contacting me. If you want to talk more please pm me as I am so frustrated at the moment with the hurtful comments I have received.:(
I don't think you are truly understanding what it looked like from our point of view. You are very new here and you started out saying how a full bodied silicone wasn't worth much and you were looking for a full bodied silicone doll for less than $1000. Then you show a list of all the sold out popular kits you have and say how you just spent $550 on a Jayden kit. That sets off red flags to us, you can afford $550 for a vinyl kit and yet only want to pay $1000 or less for a full bodied silicone? Then you post that you want to do a raffle and want people to send you kits and supplies to fund this raffle? No where, in your original post, did you say anyone who donated would get a free ticket and even still; people are supposed to donate to you so you can make money from ticket sales to others not on this forum? :dunno: Most of the ladies on here reborn to put a roof over their and their family's heads and food on the table, we don't have mom and dad taking care of those needs. Many struggle to get enough money to get the supplies to make their own reborns to sell.

You may think that 16 is not a child but to those of us who have children twice your age and older ... you ARE just a child. If you want to play with the "big girls" you need to be able to pull on your big girl panties and take any heat you get from the mistakes you make. You can't say you are not a child in one thread and on another thread, use your age to get people to feel sorry for you and say the ladies on here are being "mean" to you. This forum has been over-run with scammers, so you need to understand why so many of us are a little ( a LOT) gun shy of a newbie that comes on and starts asking for donations but yet isn't willing to sell any of her Limited Edition kits. Many here have had to sell their dream babies over the past few years just to pay for medical bills, car payments, etc. and you get upset because no one is willing to donate to your raffles. I don't know if you are aware of it or not... but the economy stinks right now. Some are out of work or have major health concerns.

Perhaps, if you want to do a giveaway; start out by supplying the items needed first and then maybe in the future others would happily donate to you, once you have shown them a reason to trust you. One way to start building that trust is to do what so many have asked you to do... put your real name in your user ID and put that you are a minor in your Avatar. There are many of us on the forum that want to know when they are dealing with a minor. Plus, it is the RULES that you do that.
Excellent point Gina. Tiny(you still haven't added your real name hun!) what Gina said was exactly right. If you had attempted a giveaway first yourself then everyone would have a basis for trusting you. You just leaped right into veteran reborner territory. So you kind of have to earn your place to be able to ask for stuff like you did. I won't rehash the thing you said about Petal Gomes again since I already said my piece about that earlier in this thread. I have been here for a year and I am 40-ish(lol!) haha. and I wouldn't ever ask for free stuff. If I did a raffle it would be MY responsibility since the money would be mine from selling the tickets and most certainly if I did a giveaway(like I have done in the past and will do again) I supply my own kit/supplies for it. That, my dear, is responsibility and responsibility is being grown up. I hope you see how you erred now and know it wasn't a matter of anyone being "mean" we were shocked at your chutzpah at asking for freebies when you are a brand newbie on here and when you obviously have money enough to buy VERY expensive kits. No one meant you any harm at any time but we do have to protect ourselves. I really hope you get that is was never anything personal. The dolly world on facebook and on forums like this is overrun with scammers and thieves and overly-entitled teenagers who get really abusive and foul if you say no to their DEMANDS for free dolls so I really hope you get why we got a little miffed and felt the need to correct you on your request. I certainly did not mean to hurt your feelings but don't feel the need to apologize since I only spoke my mind and I did not swear at you. call names or demean you. (I do think that little jibe at the end of your siggy area where you say we all need to be nice like you assume we are all mean is quite cheesy and a little bit presumptuous) but I wish you nothing but luck and hope you learned something and that this became a positive experience you could grow from. The ladies here really are good people and I know they will welcome you openly if you just think through what you are going to say. Welcome to dollfan and welcome to reborning. Keep it up, prove you are someone who people can do dolly deals with, get some feedback and within no time people you will have gained trust and everyone will see you are someone who not only can be trusted but someone who people will actively WANT to do dolly deals with. Here's to your future. :)
Beth

Post by Beth »

Well are you 15 or 16 ? On your profile you have 15 !!!
Username:TinyGiftsNursery Age:15
Hugs,
Beth
dana

Post by dana »

TinyGiftsNursery wrote:Okay... Sorry ladies for the misunderstanding, but I do read my posts.. I thought some of the comments were quite rude Infact. :cry: Let me start off by saying.. Nevermind. This won't be a raffle.
I wanted to to do a giveaway/contest. Yes, I would donate the baby to someone in need, but I can't do it all by myself. I NOT a scammer as some of you may think. I just thought this would be a nice idea for the ladies on the forum to get together and chip in, and all participate in the giveaway. YES, you would get recognition, as some you you obviously need to have. If it was a raffle, yes, you would get a free to ticket. But, the comments were quite disappointing... Infact.. I am really suprised to see this. But what really isn't fair is bringing my other comments in on ther posts, and using them against me, and saying to sell my dream baby. I don't really want to do this giveaway anymore of this is how your going to act. Sorry. :( and thank you to those ladies who understood, and were at least friendly about it.
HUM... looks like our forum isnt the only forum you are looking to do a GIVE AWAY :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
http://www.realreborn.com/t16381-reborn ... s-and-info

I will copy and paste your words on the REAL forum
Tiny Gifts Nursery
Toddler
Subject: Reborn Giveawy/Contest Rules and Info! Yesterday at 7:32 pm
Hi Everyone!
Now I am not sure if I am aloud to announce this on here, but I thought I would let all you ladies know I am holding a custom reborn giveaway!
I am offering a chance to win a custom reborn, reborned by me! :) It is randomly drawn, So to enter you need to buy tickets. I am not holding this contest on REAL, just thought I would let everyone know! Each ticket costs $5.00 USD through paypal, and that's 1 entry into the bowl! You can buy as many as you would like. If you win, you won a custom reborn for $5! That's awesome! :D If you are the winner, you will notify me which kit you want. At this time I am only allowing the winner to choose a BB kit. The only reason why I am charging for this contest, is to help me pay for the kit and shipping.:) The ticket sales end on May 26, 2013. The winner of the custom reborn will be drawn May 27, 2013! The video will be posted on youtube. If you are interested in entering my contest, you can email me at rebornraffles@gmail.com, or if you just want to buy a ticket directly you can send the $5.00 USD to doodelbug99@gmail.com through paypal. The name in the paypal account you send the money from will be entered under that name, unless you request a different name. :) Your baby will hae micro rooted slumberland mohair (baby fine) color of your choice. :D
Thank you so much to all who enter, and good luck! :D
Helena

dana wrote:
TinyGiftsNursery wrote:Okay... Sorry ladies for the misunderstanding, but I do read my posts.. I thought some of the comments were quite rude Infact. :cry: Let me start off by saying.. Nevermind. This won't be a raffle.
I wanted to to do a giveaway/contest. Yes, I would donate the baby to someone in need, but I can't do it all by myself. I NOT a scammer as some of you may think. I just thought this would be a nice idea for the ladies on the forum to get together and chip in, and all participate in the giveaway. YES, you would get recognition, as some you you obviously need to have. If it was a raffle, yes, you would get a free to ticket. But, the comments were quite disappointing... Infact.. I am really suprised to see this. But what really isn't fair is bringing my other comments in on ther posts, and using them against me, and saying to sell my dream baby. I don't really want to do this giveaway anymore of this is how your going to act. Sorry. :( and thank you to those ladies who understood, and were at least friendly about it.
HUM... looks like our forum isnt the only forum you are looking to do a GIVE AWAY :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
http://www.realreborn.com/t16381-reborn ... s-and-info

I will copy and paste your words on the REAL forum
Tiny Gifts Nursery
Toddler
Subject: Reborn Giveawy/Contest Rules and Info! Yesterday at 7:32 pm
Hi Everyone!
Now I am not sure if I am aloud to announce this on here, but I thought I would let all you ladies know I am holding a custom reborn giveaway!
I am offering a chance to win a custom reborn, reborned by me! :) It is randomly drawn, So to enter you need to buy tickets. I am not holding this contest on REAL, just thought I would let everyone know! Each ticket costs $5.00 USD through paypal, and that's 1 entry into the bowl! You can buy as many as you would like. If you win, you won a custom reborn for $5! That's awesome! :D If you are the winner, you will notify me which kit you want. At this time I am only allowing the winner to choose a BB kit. The only reason why I am charging for this contest, is to help me pay for the kit and shipping.:) The ticket sales end on May 26, 2013. The winner of the custom reborn will be drawn May 27, 2013! The video will be posted on youtube. If you are interested in entering my contest, you can email me at rebornraffles@gmail.com, or if you just want to buy a ticket directly you can send the $5.00 USD to doodelbug99@gmail.com through paypal. The name in the paypal account you send the money from will be entered under that name, unless you request a different name. :) Your baby will hae micro rooted slumberland mohair (baby fine) color of your choice. :D
Thank you so much to all who enter, and good luck! :D
Helena
Guess she spent all that money on Jayden and all of those other sold out kits. If she needs help purchasing a BB kit how long was the lay away going to be on a silicone at $3000
Suebee_Lullaby Lane

Post by Suebee_Lullaby Lane »

So her initial request for donations of kits and supplies for a giveaway/raffle REALLY WAS for a true raffle where you had to pay to get a chance?! I was thinking, with all the people calling out "bullies" for those that further inquired about Tiny's intent, that everyone had truly misunderstood her and she really meant to only call it a giveaway....

From her own words she s looking to do a raffle. There was never a give away . Well unless you mean we give away our supplies the give away our money to her too. But some of us were called bullies and hens because we simply questioned her motives. Obviously by her own words she has no money to purchase a bbkit hence charging the $5 per entry. If she truly was looking to do a give away or a fundraiser it would be a different story I personally think though that this is not the case. She is simply looking for someone to fund her reborning. She is a 15 year old kid possibly 16 depending on when her bday is and I will stand by what I have said all a long. If some of you think I am a bully so be it if others want to call me a hen go for it but until questions are answered by her I don't believe a thing she has said.
1) who is the donation/giveaway benefiting
2) who is the money benefitting
3) why do you need paint if you are in your own words the youngest pro reborn artist
4) how old are you which is a question for legal reasons as it is against the law to o business with a minor
5) your mom is a reborn artist who s she? Since you are a minor is she backing you in this endeavor and if so why is she not supporting you here and other boards to help you with this mess?
alienor

Post by alienor »

you just want to buy a ticket directly you can send the $5.00 USD
this is not a giveaway or I understand wrong :shock:

Obviously she does not know the definition of give away
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Has anyone told Lara? I have sent out a request for her to contact me but don't want to repeat this to her if she has already had a billion ladies tell her about Tiny.
Thank you all!!!

I have contacted her and the post was deleted and she commented on it :-).
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

:heart: Thank you Deb!!! :heart:

Love ya