Super Sculpey or Sculpey Living Doll?

This section is for all our talented ladies who wish to share their OOAK gifts with others.
Shirley Sugar Plum Nursery

Super Sculpey or Sculpey Living Doll?

Post by Shirley Sugar Plum Nursery »

Hello Ladies!
Can anyone tell me in their opinion which is better?
Many Thanks!! :foryou: :foryou:
Shirley xxx
Lori_Ivanovic

Re: Super Sculpey or Sculpey Living Doll?

Post by Lori_Ivanovic »

Hi Shirley,
I know most people will probably say Living doll clay because it doesn't get as many moons in it. I LOVE regular sculpey though. IT is so soft and easy to move the clay around, I don't think it can be beat. THe reason it works for is because I don't use the original and use the sculpt as my prototype for molds and can be damaged. Sometimes it does moon but I just had prosculpt moon something terrible on me and I won't use that anymore. You will probably like the living doll I just have to have super soft clay. I can make so much more head way with super soft clay. I fyou have strong warm hands then try living doll but don't try regular sculpey.
Good luck! :D
*FULL BODY SCULPT SOLID SILICONE* CHEYENNE * taking reservations
ImageImage

http://www.silverspoonnursery.com
EmilyJ

Post by EmilyJ »

Lori_Ivanovic wrote:Hi Shirley,
I know most people will probably say Living doll clay because it doesn't get as many moons in it. I LOVE regular sculpey though. IT is so soft and easy to move the clay around, I don't think it can be beat. THe reason it works for is because I don't use the original and use the sculpt as my prototype for molds and can be damaged. Sometimes it does moon but I just had prosculpt moon something terrible on me and I won't use that anymore. You will probably like the living doll I just have to have super soft clay. I can make so much more head way with super soft clay. I fyou have strong warm hands then try living doll but don't try regular sculpey.
Good luck! :D
I was told that the Living Doll clay IS Prosculpt, just in a different package! This is because Prosculpt is made by the Sculpey company. I usually use Prosculpt. I have had it moon on me before, but it just happens on rare occasions. It usually doesn't. Super Sculpey is nice and soft, and a good color, but Lori is right about it getting moons. I wouldn't recommend it for that reason. I'm really excited to try Living Doll when I run out of my Prosculpt stash, and see if it is true that is it the same as Prosculpt.
:heart: Lilliana reborn by Daria Makarenkova :heart:
Lilliana doll kits are available to purchase now!

http://www.babiesbyemily.com/
http://www.facebook.com/babiesbyemily
Shirley Sugar Plum Nursery

Post by Shirley Sugar Plum Nursery »

Oh thankyou ladies!! That is very useful information!!! I am very grateful as I can now make an informed decission on what to buy whereas before I really didn't know the difference.
Thanks again!!
Shirley xx
NewbornNestLori

Post by NewbornNestLori »

I love love love Super Sculpey, and have found its fine for mini's...but, anything larger will crack. :?
I love the softness of it, and wish wish wish they could figure out how to STOP its stupid mooning, because alot of people "want" to use it full time.
Like me, lol.

Living Doll is considerably harder but a nice sturdy clay to work with if you can get past the "firmness".
Mixing is another option....adding a 1:3 cernit ratio to SS works really good.
But dont take on mixing by hand...I use a food processor.
Smiles,
Lori
Gina_Ooakbabies

Post by Gina_Ooakbabies »

i know this is an old post,

but is prosculpt the same as living doll???
Ebay ID: Ittybittybabies 738 100% positive
debdolls

Post by debdolls »

Gina_Ooakbabies wrote:i know this is an old post,

but is prosculpt the same as living doll???
Jack Johnston says no, and he's the one who "created" prosculpt. Hope this helps.