New to doll fan and new to sculpting

This section is for all our talented ladies who wish to share their OOAK gifts with others.
Yvonne

New to doll fan and new to sculpting

Post by Yvonne »

Hello everyone :hi ya: I am new to doll fan look forward to being part of the forum. This is my first attempt at sculpting it is a preemie size head and sorry the clay is very dirty I have just been picking it up when I have some time to spare. I would appreciate any feedback ...am I wasting my time :bash: or do you think I might eventually get the hang of this. Any tips or criticism kindly accepted. Thanks for looking Yvonne
Lisa L

Re: New to doll fan and new to sculpting

Post by Lisa L »

Welcome to DF! It is so nice to have you here. You have come to the right place. I am not a sculptor, but I have been around a while. SOOOO........I have to say that I think your baby looks wonderful. It looks HUMAN! That's the first HUGE step! LOL! It also looks "babyish". Know what I mean? Some don't. I think you have bright future in it. Can't believe this is your first. Good job!
Pat in Alabama

Post by Pat in Alabama »

Welcome to DF. You will love the ladies here. Lots of beautiful babies to admire on here also.
Hugs,
Pat
Wishing you a blessed day.
NancyWdollielover

Post by NancyWdollielover »

:hi ya:
Welcome to doll-fan!
and congrats on your head-I think it looks really good :toast:
Nancy :D
jacque123

Post by jacque123 »

A BIG Welcome to Doll-Fan, Yvonne. You definitely have a talent for this sculpting. Keep up the fantastic work!
Rhonda Junebird Nursery

Post by Rhonda Junebird Nursery »

Hi Yvonne! You certainly have sculpting talent so keep going! I have sculpted a few babies and they look more like aliens (and not on purpose :lol: ).
Debras Doll Designs

Post by Debras Doll Designs »

:D Welcome Yvonne! It looks as though you're on your way to becoming a great artist!
sherrys little pipsqueaks

Post by sherrys little pipsqueaks »

New sculptor? you've got to be kidding. You have sooo much definition , what a great start, and everything looks symetrical. My first , of course they were minis, but they all looked like little old men, yuk they were awful. Just ckean her up and give us another view, would like to see more. Good luck Sherry gabbys girls Oh yea, I forgot to say WELCOME!!!! :hi ya:
Lori_Ivanovic

Post by Lori_Ivanovic »

Yvonne wrote:Hello everyone :hi ya: I am new to doll fan look forward to being part of the forum. This is my first attempt at sculpting it is a preemie size head and sorry the clay is very dirty I have just been picking it up when I have some time to spare. I would appreciate any feedback ...am I wasting my time :bash: or do you think I might eventually get the hang of this. Any tips or criticism kindly accepted. Thanks for looking Yvonne
:hi ya: Welcome, you will love these ladies. Everyone is very supportive.
If you really want some tips i would give a few if you want. What i would do is
1) Fill in the area from the brow bone to the eye. Babies eyes aren't sunken in they have a lot of padding where the crease is.
2) i would make the ball of the nose a bit smaller but i like the shape
3) the transition of the cheeks to the chin might look more natural if it was filled in a bit, and the chin not soo long.
4) My eye keeps going to the sucking blister could that be a little smaller?

Hope that helps it will be a very special sculpt keep going!!!!!!!!!!!! :toast:
Lori
*FULL BODY SCULPT SOLID SILICONE* CHEYENNE * taking reservations
ImageImage

http://www.silverspoonnursery.com
KimsAngelsInDiapers

Post by KimsAngelsInDiapers »

Stick to it, thats wonderful for a first try!!!!!!!!!!!!
HUGS, Kim
NewbornNestLori

Post by NewbornNestLori »

I totally agree with the masses..... :D
How are you coming along now?
gemmajmb

Post by gemmajmb »

Wow amazing for a 1st try, well done :D
Sabrenas1stNursery

Post by Sabrenas1stNursery »

I’m so excited to find this wonderful site. Have been afraid to order from eBay because of the YouTube reviews of people getting scammed there.
I’m so excited to be looking for my very first soft silicone little angel!!! After looking around this site I can tell it’s not going to be easy choosing my new baby. You ladies are truly artists.
I’m excited and nervous at the same time!! But now that I’ve found this great website I know I can trust the decision I make regarding my new baby. 😊🙋
Gerda

Post by Gerda »

I am also new to sculpting and new to Dollfan, I found this wonderful site after watching a youtube video of Little Foot Nursery. I wish I knew how to make friends on this site because I have so many questions!