The Full Body Sculpt Process. . .

This section is for all our talented ladies who wish to share their OOAK gifts with others.
sarahrose

Re: The Full Body Sculpt Process. . .

Post by sarahrose »

Just amazing Carol!!! you are so good!!! Thanks for being so generous as to share i am so impressed having tried sculpting myself I know something of what it took to get to where you are. I love your passion and commitment to each new baby. You never seem to tire of the process. Thanks for showing. XXXX
Marie777

Post by Marie777 »

wow fabulous !
violet

Post by violet »

Hi Carol..When you mentioned the aluminum dowel- is that like an aluminum pipe? That's the only way the wire can slide into it to fit. Did I understand that right?
I'm hoping for NO cracks this time so fingers are crossed your method helps stabilize everything better this time. :D
tixiepixi_linda

Post by tixiepixi_linda »

:foryou: I think it is very kind of artists to share their expertise :foryou:
x Hugs x
Linda

Madison by Andrea Arcello
Carol Kneisley Studios

Post by Carol Kneisley Studios »

I do mean aluminum DOWEL. You can also use a wood dowel. I like the aluminum because it distributes the heat. I wrap the dowel in foil and then tape the wire to the outside of the dowel. The top of the dowel becomes the elbow or knee joint. The dowel area becomes the upper arm or thigh. What bends and extends from the dowel is the lower arm and hand and the lower leg and foot. In other words, you are working upside down. Measuring the wire gives you the arm and leg measurements exactly. When baked, you are left with a dowel shaped hole going the length of the upper arm or upper leg. This is great for attaching to the rest of the doll using another wire that inserts into the hole and is secured with epoxy clay. I think that you will follow this if you go back to my original photos in this post.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
violet

Post by violet »

Ahhh I think I get it. I kept thinking it's a short pipe you just leave in at the upper area and thread the wire into.
You know I kept thinking you could just pull all the foil out of the armature arm or leg to make it hollow then apoxy the wire in for the next part of the limb.. Thank you so much this info - sounds easier!!
And by the way I LOVE this sculpt and how newborn it is! Violet
violet

Post by violet »

Thank you Carol! You posting this gave me a tip and I finally finished a full sculpt and was able to fix cracks properly ! :elephant: :hug:
Last edited by violet on Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Birgits yodle toddler

Post by Birgits yodle toddler »

Violett, your sculpt is very sweet! Hugs Birgit

Happy to be doing good and let the sparrows whistle!
Linda S.

Post by Linda S. »

Cute sculpt.
violet

Post by violet »

Thanks to Carol and her help :D
Carol Kneisley Studios

She is adorable...I am glad that I could be of help to you.
robincarrol

Post by robincarrol »

Carol you know I am totally enthralled with your artistry. Your babies always take my breath away. It is wonderful to see how you actually sculpt a baby. You are amazing. :heart: :heart: If I had a whole nursery full of your babies I would be totally happy. :elephant:
violet

Post by violet »

robincarrol wrote:Carol you know I am totally enthralled with your artistry. Your babies always take my breath away. It is wonderful to see how you actually sculpt a baby. You are amazing. :heart: :heart: If I had a whole nursery full of your babies I would be totally happy. :elephant:
:toast: :headspin:
bornanna

Post by bornanna »

Hi Carol...it's Priscilla Anne!! So happy I saw this Tute! So I could connect and tell you how fun it was connecting at the DEDS and how special you art is ... <3

Say Hi to Tom for me ...Hugs
Shirleyatkins

Post by Shirleyatkins »

Hi carol your sculpt is fabulous can u help me please l can't see how you joined the legs to the body? I'm trying to follow your PDF but can't see how you did it :baby:
Carol Kneisley Studios

I sculpt that part of the baby upside down on a metal vase type form. The form is covered with foil. I run electrical wire up the "vase" and extend it the length of the leg and foot beyond the "vase". Secure the wire with duct tape, and form the bend of the leg and foot. What remains on the "vase" eventually becomes the tummy area and will be built out accordingly. This way, the wire goes all the way up the mid section of the baby for extra strength. I hope this clarifies it a bit.
Shirleyatkins

Post by Shirleyatkins »

Thanks so much it clarifies it perfectly your so clever much admiration luv Shirley trying hard!
Shirleyatkins

Post by Shirleyatkins »

Hi carol ,Shirley here lve nearly finished my first sculpt following your instructions lm just finishing the arms but! Lm scared to bake as not sure if it,ll crack and after a long time doing him I'm apprehensive, what is the right timing in oven I have a electric double oven one side fan assisted other normal which is best please and how long as it's a it thicker in places than other,s luv shirley :hi ya:
Carol Kneisley Studios

I do a final bake at 275 degrees in a convection oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Support your limbs well while baking and until cool . If cracks appear, let cool, dig out, reinforce with foil and epoxy, add finishing clay and heat with a heat gun to set! Please send me a photo...
Shirleyatkins

Post by Shirleyatkins »

Thanks very much carol your a star I'll send a photo when finished won't b long Shirley