Do's and Dont's for a newbie

This section is for all our talented ladies who wish to share their OOAK gifts with others.
Newbie_Denmark

Do's and Dont's for a newbie

Post by Newbie_Denmark »

I have rebornet dolls for several years and now has a dream to model my own dolls and maybe learn how to make silicone dolls.
I bought clay pasta machine, model head, tools and wipes, because I know that there is need to clean my hands frequently. Now I ask you talented sculptors if there is other important things I need to remember. Both things I should do but also things that I should not do. Where can I find the best pictures of babies that I can skulptere the dolls after?
Thank you for you help :wink:
Tracy Lorraine

Re: Do's and Dont's for a newbie

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

Welcome to DollFan. I'm sure you'll find plenty of information here. What is your name? We need to know what to call you.
DianeLovesBabies

Post by DianeLovesBabies »

Welcome to Doll Fan. You will find some wonderful people here who love dolls and are crazy collectors like me. One of the main rules is to use your real name in your user name when you sign up to get into this forum. It is very difficult for the other members to know who they are talking to or reading about.

Hugs,
Diane
Be happy and play with dolls!
Newbie_Denmark

Post by Newbie_Denmark »

I'm so sorry I didn't write my name. It is Nette. I don't know how to change my username and maybe it's not possible, but I will in future remenber to sign my name
Thanks from Nette
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

WELCOME to Dollfan Nette. We look forward to getting to know you,seeing your beautiful babies and sharing your passion for them as well.
Newbie_Denmark

Post by Newbie_Denmark »

Thank you very much, Jenny. I don't know when I get started with the modelling....I'm a bit afraid of doing it wrong because I'm a big perfectionist and some times it's a problem for me - that's why I wanted to know if there are some important pitfalls that I should know from the start :)
But first I have some reborn dolls I have to make for some friends, and at the same time I would like to prepare the sculpting as much as possible :wink:
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

I'm not a sculptor, but I do a lot of other art. The best advice I can give you when you are starting is to not be hard on yourself and be okay if you make mistakes if your first try doesn't come out perfect. You will be learning as you sculpt so there will be a lot of things that will go wrong. You will learn to make the wrong things right and be better and better. You probably won't like your first baby, but be sure to keep it so you can go back and look at it later after you have done a few more so you can see how far you come. Try to keep the whole sculpting process fun and not like a job. Welcome to DF and keep posting so we can see your progress.
violet

Post by violet »

Welcome! I think after making the armature with foil be sure to cover with tape - that will help keep it clean.
You can google pictures of newborn babies.