Sculpting my first 10inch baby by patricia

This section is for all our talented ladies who wish to share their OOAK gifts with others.
Lilly

Sculpting my first 10inch baby by patricia

Post by Lilly »

IMG_3283.JPG
Hi everyone : My name is patricia Willman and I'm brand new here. I'm learning to sculpt my first 10 inch baby. I hope everyone will feel free to give me honest and helpful information whether it's about proportions, feature placement, crooked eyes , wonky ears....anything that you notice both right and wrong - to help me sculpt better babies.
My personal goal is to sculpt each baby more realistic and believable so he or she can go to their new mommy.
thank-you so much patricia (patti Willman on facebook. Iam also in all the baby sculpting and reborning groups I can find. I'm learning to reborn my first baby:)
Here are the first pis of my process so far:
First I make a basic armature out of a dowel, tin foil and masking tape.
download/file.php?mode=view&id=18474
next I add the first layer of clay-which is the clay shape close to the shape of the baby's head. and I bake that hard at 265.F for 15min. Now I have a very firm and smooth armature shape to begin to add clay to shape the baby head.
IMG_3292.JPG
next. I begin to sculpt the baby's basic 3 dimensional proportions and get it oriented in space with lines drawn lightly with my needle tool. THen I work very hard to get the eyes situated in their proper orientation while taking pictures of it with my cell phone camera to check it from every angle-a photo really show up my mistakes. when Im satisfied with this,
I bake it so that 1. The eyes will never move around while I sculpt and 2. If I need to refer back to my orientation and proportion lines .I can
IMG_3459.JPG
when that is cool, the baby face sculpting begins. I look up a baby on google put on some music for concentration and begin sculpting the baby's face. Now granted this is my first baby face. I used to sculpt lady dolls. so this is how I chose to begin.I'm not sure of anything yet.
IMG_3468.JPG
Here you can see from the side view of how the clay is laid on top of the smooth ,hard, clay armature. I find this works really well.
when I like the face alone ,I smooth it completely and clean it. take photos of it to check for things like crooked noses or mouth, or dirt, or any imperfections I can find. I cover her with saran wrap and leave her until the next day while I sculpt something else. Then I come back to it with fresh eyes and check everything again. then-bake!
here is what I bake her in. I fill my heavy coffee mug with clear floral marbles and place the dowel in the center so the head never moves or touches the sides.
IMG_3496.JPG
when the face is cooled completely, I add the back of the head .I won't let me add any more pictures here. so this is as far as I can show you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tracy Lorraine

Re: Sculpting my first 10inch baby by patricia

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

Wonderful job so far.
KyleeCat S

Post by KyleeCat S »

I'm impressed.
KYLEE
~Valerie~Anne~

Post by ~Valerie~Anne~ »

Looks great! I'd love to see a picture of the finished baby!
Emma Rose
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

WOW!! You are so talented. I'm very impressed
Gerda

Post by Gerda »

Beautiful!
Pat in Alabama

Post by Pat in Alabama »

Beautiful. Can't wait to see it finished.
Wishing you a blessed day.