Large full body silicone doll at an affordable price!

buy, sell, or trade those silicone babies here

Julia89

Re: Large full body silicone doll at an affordable price!

Postby Julia89 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:55 am

Is this a Joke? Sorry but this is like kidding or bad Joke and People do Fun of you

MariaJose and Zu

Postby MariaJose and Zu » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:02 pm

Can delete. Thank you.
Last edited by MariaJose and Zu on Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zu, forever in my heard :heart:

KrisC

Postby KrisC » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:16 pm

Mike, first off, its very impressive you have managed to get your sculpt from computer to silicone. That is a huge feat!!! Good for you!

A couple things you may wanna keep in mind. One is, buyers and collectors dont buy babies with holes or bubbles in them. The fact that she has a huge hole in her chin and is all white and chalky on her face, is a big deterrent for prospective buyers. Second, I would look try to make your sculpts a little more baby like. The limbs look more like adult limbs, hands and feet. And third, if you can try to get your pieces poured in one piece, it will be better for your business.

All in all, I think you have done well for your first attempt. Keep it up!

Court_LLRN

Postby Court_LLRN » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:02 pm

I am also very impressed that one can sculpt with a computer. It's definitely a new thing. :)

One thing I do want to say, along with seconding what Kris said, is that most silicone artists really avoid purchasing silicones that have had pieces glued together. It is a red flag for future peels and tears.
I've had 3 silicones in the past who have had their hands and feet begin to peel off because they were 'glued' on after the pouring. They were put together with the exact same silicone but those areas were just weak because they weren't formed together originally.

When you sell an early piece like this - you really risk ruining your reputation for quality. It may not happen right away but I can definitely see the limbs start to fall apart. My honest opinion would be to not sell this one and work on a second attempt to fix those areas.

:) I look forward to see what your work brings in the future.

MikeTheEngineer

Postby MikeTheEngineer » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:04 am

KrisC wrote:Mike, first off, its very impressive you have managed to get your sculpt from computer to silicone. That is a huge feat!!! Good for you!

A couple things you may wanna keep in mind. One is, buyers and collectors dont buy babies with holes or bubbles in them. The fact that she has a huge hole in her chin and is all white and chalky on her face, is a big deterrent for prospective buyers. Second, I would look try to make your sculpts a little more baby like. The limbs look more like adult limbs, hands and feet. And third, if you can try to get your pieces poured in one piece, it will be better for your business.

All in all, I think you have done well for your first attempt. Keep it up!

"all white and chalky on her face" That was baby powder. Check the updated photos. I'm not expecting to profit from the sale, just looking to get enough to pay it's own raw materials. 17 lbs of silicone is expensive! The next one will be considerably smaller. Getting the sizing right from software to Real life is... challenging... my proof of concept ended up being 16 inches

" Second, I would look try to make your sculpts a little more baby like. The limbs look more like adult limbs, hands and feet." I don't understand this, but I'll look into it. Any specific changes you'd suggest? Fatter arms? I'm not quite sure how they can look like adult VS baby, considering I didn't "sculpt" them from nothing, I actually took exacting details for a typical female infant as my base model, and sculpted from there. :dunno:

"And third, if you can try to get your pieces poured in one piece, it will be better for your business." Absolutely. But the technique I use didn't readily lend itself to this. I'm trying another method which *should* allow me to cast the doll with out *ANY* seams or even a pour hole. ^_^ Just waiting for the new parts and materials to come in. If my theories are correct, it'll be so flawless, long term molders will think it's magic. ;)

MikeTheEngineer

Postby MikeTheEngineer » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:10 am

Julia89 wrote:Is this a Joke? Sorry but this is like kidding or bad Joke and People do Fun of you

I don't know what part you're talking about is a joke. But none of it is a joke. If you haven't read any of my other posts, I'm trying to engineer an entirely new method of doll creation. This is my first attempt. Was it flawless? Nope. Is it priced as if it was flawless? Absolutely not. As far as people making fun of me... Don't care. I'm not an artist, and it's my first attempt. Know anyone else that's made a silicone doll anywhere near that good on their very first attempt?

But ya know what? It's already got a bid on it, so apparently there's at least one person that can live with the flaws and still have it bring joy into their lives. They know *exactly* what they're getting.

MikeTheEngineer

Postby MikeTheEngineer » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:23 am

Court_LLRN wrote:When you sell an early piece like this - you really risk ruining your reputation for quality. It may not happen right away but I can definitely see the limbs start to fall apart.

I would *absolutely* refund their money if limbs actually fell off at a connection point... even if it was a year later. I stand by my quality.

And, an "artist's" first work may be valuable to a collector, flaws and all, esp if that "artist" becomes skilled and well know. ;)
How much would Van Gough's first artwork be worth now? Even if it was a doodle in crayon, it'd be worth an insane amount. Ya know these doll makers that sell their dolls for $20k each? How much would their first attempt be worth to a collector, flaws and all? I'm betting more than what the raw material's worth. ;)

But like I said, if there are legitimate problems, I'll provide top quality customer support. The bubbles and seams are aesthetics, actually falling apart is quality... And I'll only tolerate top quality from my productions.

janeisdreamindollies

Postby janeisdreamindollies » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:45 am

Good luck to you Mike! I'll be watching your progress with interest 8)

Court_LLRN

Postby Court_LLRN » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:04 am

MikeTheEngineer wrote:
Court_LLRN wrote:When you sell an early piece like this - you really risk ruining your reputation for quality. It may not happen right away but I can definitely see the limbs start to fall apart.

I would *absolutely* refund their money if limbs actually fell off at a connection point... even if it was a year later. I stand by my quality.

And, an "artist's" first work may be valuable to a collector, flaws and all, esp if that "artist" becomes skilled and well know. ;)
How much would Van Gough's first artwork be worth now? Even if it was a doodle in crayon, it'd be worth an insane amount. Ya know these doll makers that sell their dolls for $20k each? How much would their first attempt be worth to a collector, flaws and all? I'm betting more than what the raw material's worth. ;)

But like I said, if there are legitimate problems, I'll provide top quality customer support. The bubbles and seams are aesthetics, actually falling apart is quality... And I'll only tolerate top quality from my productions.

I, for one, would not buy an artist's work just because of a name... sure, some artists become 'brand' names that people will buy the work of just because it was made by them. I've seen that happen. Maybe die-hard collectors. But the average collector only collect works that they like and know that it will hold up well.
I get what you're saying but that's my 2 cents in. :)

MikeTheEngineer

Postby MikeTheEngineer » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:33 am

Court_LLRN wrote:
MikeTheEngineer wrote:

I, for one, would not buy an artist's work just because of a name... sure, some artists become 'brand' names that people will buy the work of just because it was made by them. I've seen that happen. Maybe die-hard collectors. But the average collector only collect works that they like and know that it will hold up well.
I get what you're saying but that's my 2 cents in. :)

How much do you think the first attempt at making a Barbie doll would be worth now? ;) Historic pieces can have value.

Court_LLRN

Postby Court_LLRN » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:37 am

Well at least you're optimistic? :dunno:

Jen

Postby Jen » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:08 pm

Not worth it.
Last edited by Jen on Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
★"˜¨¨★"˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜¤.¸`*•.¸*• Jen •*¸.•*´¸.¤˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜"★¨¨˜"★
Archived Feedback

Angelica

Postby Angelica » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:42 pm

Hi Mike..
You are putting your work out there for sale, and seem to be genuinely interested in constructive feedback... so ... I dont say this lightly..
1,poses like this (and camera angle) are going to attract "weirdo"'s (she appears to have breasts and look like she is trying to give birth! And that is putting it kindly (blow up doll is less kind)
2 a bid on eBay doesn't always translate to cash in your bank.
3, people that get the huge bucks on their dolly production have put years of blood sweat and tears and pots of money into getting a product fit for purpose before unleashing it on the unsuspecting public..(I don't think Picasso stood on street corners with his early crayon stick men asking for 10p so he could buy his next box of crayons or book of paper..
The big bucks come in the art world when "the sun the moon and the stars all line up,"

The basic sculpt must be appealing (ascetically likeable) the production used to make subsequent copies must produce a flawless high quality product that has proven durability, AND the baby must then be presented in perfectly taken photographs of a sculpted baby copy in a baby like pose with appealing baby clothes and accessories ... one last thing... they have to be RARE..
3 or 4 in the world, is highly sought after.. 400 of the same sculp... not so highly sought after...

if you want to break into this market...your are going to have to serve your apprenticeship.. and doing it so publicly might actually work against you (and give us collectors a bad name (you need to make your poses less sexual and pay attention to how other well known artists that make 20k per doll actually do it..

I am offended that you think us all so stupid that we will fund your million pound quick buck project. By trying to off load your "Early Masterpieces" while claiming how lucky we will be to posses one when you are mega famous! (To use your art world analogy one step further... most of the "mega buck pieces of art become valuable after the sad demise of the artist and many of them lived in abject poverty during their lifetime devoted to their art)
Attachments
IMG_1127.PNG

Jen

Postby Jen » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:32 pm

Not worth it.
Last edited by Jen on Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
★"˜¨¨★"˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜¤.¸`*•.¸*• Jen •*¸.•*´¸.¤˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜"★¨¨˜"★
Archived Feedback

Tracy Lorraine

Postby Tracy Lorraine » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:59 pm

Angelica wrote:Hi Mike..
You are putting your work out there for sale, and seem to be genuinely interested in constructive feedback... so ... I dont say this lightly..
1,poses like this (and camera angle) are going to attract "weirdo"'s (she appears to have breasts and look like she is trying to give birth! And that is putting it kindly (blow up doll is less kind)
3, people that get the huge bucks on their dolly production have put years of blood sweat and tears and pots of money into getting a product fit for purpose before unleashing it on the unsuspecting public..(I don't think Picasso stood on street corners with his early crayon stick men asking for 10p so he could buy his next box of crayons or book of paper..
The big bucks come in the art world when "the sun the moon and the stars all line up,"

The basic sculpt must be appealing (ascetically likeable) the production used to make subsequent copies must produce a flawless high quality product that has proven durability, AND the baby must then be presented in perfectly taken photographs of a sculpted baby copy in a baby like pose with appealing baby clothes and accessories ... one last thing... they have to be RARE..
3 or 4 in the world, is highly sought after.. 400 of the same sculp... not so highly sought after...

if you want to break into this market...your are going to have to serve your apprenticeship.. and doing it so publicly might actually work against you (and give us collectors a bad name (you need to make your poses less sexual and pay attention to how other well known artists that make 20k per doll actually do it..

I am offended that you think us all so stupid that we will fund your million pound quick buck project. By trying to off load your "Early Masterpieces" while claiming how lucky we will be to posses one when you are mega famous! (To use your art world analogy one step further... most of the "mega buck pieces of art become valuable after the sad demise of the artist and many of them lived in abject poverty during their lifetime devoted to their art)

:toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:

Court_LLRN

Postby Court_LLRN » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:09 pm

Tracy Lorraine wrote:

Seconded... especially the last part. That was the vibe I was getting. :?

NadiaK

Postby NadiaK » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:21 pm

Court_LLRN wrote:
Tracy Lorraine wrote:

Seconded... especially the last part. That was the vibe I was getting. :?

Totally agree !!!
Hugs,
Nadia

Melissas Babies

Postby Melissas Babies » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:11 pm

Most Artists that make it in the Doll business are Humble and reclusive! Because it is our Heart that we create to give to the Collector!
Creations from the Heart
I take paypal
money orders
checks
layaways available

gallery2/v/melissasbabies/
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 154&type=1

izzy

Postby izzy » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:19 pm

Melissas Babies wrote:Most Artists that make it in the Doll business are Humble and reclusive! Because it is our Heart that we create to give to the Collector!

:toast: :heart:
-Izzy

I'm 16 but have a parent with me during transactions.

WIP FBS Emerson coming soon! <3

Return to “Silicone Dolls For Sale”