The Story of Brynne - An Adventure in Doll-making!

show your creations and works in progress(WIP)
note: this is not a classified post forum
kylajanell

The Story of Brynne - An Adventure in Doll-making!

Post by kylajanell »

Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to share my personal story of creating Brynne, my very first vinyl reborn kit, which I made this year after devoting the previous 5 years exclusively to silicone babies. It has been an adventure, and I hope to share with you all, since you have been my support and motivation all these years. Here is the link to Brynne's page:
http://smallwondersbykyla.com/vinyl-doll-kits/
xoxo

THE STORY OF BRYNNE
As I mentioned, I have been sculpting and producing my own silicone babies for the past few years. Before that, I reborned many baby kits and even did some prototypes for my friends Laura Lee Eagles and Olga Auer. After getting deeply involved with silicone for so long, some friends started asking me to get into producing vinyl kits myself. I had been missing the camaraderie of the larger reborn world, and the thought of reconnecting with that was very enticing. I remember I was working on a head for a silicone project, and made the decision on the spot to just go for it and use it instead for my very first vinyl kit. At the time, I had baby boy (Joshi Boy) and had just gotten pregnant again, with a girl this time!

Life was getting pretty crazy. One day it would be sculpting, another day I would be getting a checkup from the midwife, and the next photographing silicone babies for eBay. I really didn’t know much about getting vinyl editions made, so I had to learn that side of things from scratch as well. Juggling the family life, my silicone editions, and now this new project in vinyl, was all very overwhelming and exciting at the same time. I spent every extra moment I had in the studio sculpting. The head I’d chosen for the vinyl project went through many drafts and stages; constantly changing proportions, features, and expressions.

(Early Draft of Brynne's head)

I also went through several versions of limbs, hands, and feet before coming up with the final sculpt.

(Final head and limbs)

Eventually, I had just what I wanted and envisioned…then before I knew it, my daughter Hannah was born! Life got twice as exciting, thrilling, and demanding. All the while I was learning about vinyl production; dealing with factories, testing vinyl samples, connecting with dealers, and learning the trade. At long last I got samples of my finished kit, which I named Brynne.

The last step was to get prototypes made, and I was fortunate to get to work with some incredibly talented artists whom I had come to admire over the years. When I saw the final product, their unbelievable artistry on my sculpt, it was a dream come true! It was worth all the work, all the effort, all the tears, and all the sweat.

I am so proud of the accomplishment and so grateful to all the friends who helped make it possible. Bonnie Brown, Brenda MacPherson Neufeld, Angela Plicka, Severine Piret, Svetlana Preobrazhenskaya, Silvia Ezquerra. Thank you so much for everything you have done to help me with this project. Thank you also to all of you out there reading this. You have all been my encouragement, motivation, and support in my life as a dollmaker and artist. You made 2017 a wonderful experience for me!

(My daughter Hannah!)

Thank you all for taking the time to read my story. And thank you for your support, it means the world to me.
I hope you'll visit Brynne's page:
http://smallwondersbykyla.com/vinyl-doll-kits/

Happy Holidays!!!!
KYLA
Silicone Baby Lorelai - Edition of 10 - AVAILABLE NOW
http://www.smallwondersbykyla.com
http://www.smallwondersbykyla.com
Kyla Janell - Small Wonders by Kyla
Sandis Doll House

Re: The Story of Brynne - An Adventure in Doll-making!

Post by Sandis Doll House »

What a precious story. Thank you for sharing. Your baby is too adorable as well as your son and I LOVE the vinyl kit and each artists interpretation.
KrystalK2KBabies

Post by KrystalK2KBabies »

I enjoyed reading your Journey!

It really is a great accomplishment.

Congratulations :)

Brynee is a beautiful sculpt.
Hugs, Krystal

erin1958

Post by erin1958 »

Wow. What an accomplishment. Your children are beautiful and so is your kit. She’s turned out stunning with each artists interpretation. Congratulations.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!
Cheers, Erin
violet

Post by violet »

Love your story - Brynne is adorable and congrats on your beautiful real babies!
chelle77

Post by chelle77 »

I ordered the kit and can't wait to get it!!

You have a beautiful family! <3
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

What a wonderful adventure you have been having and Brynne to me seems worth every step because she is fantastic. Your silicone babies are TDF. Your real little ones are darling.
Last edited by georgeanne on Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
TinyTimms_Doris

Post by TinyTimms_Doris »

Thank you for sharing your story! Your kit is beautiful and full of great details. The protos are amazing too! It's fun to see how many different variations of the same kit there are. Your children are adorable and precious. I love your son's red hair!
tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

I loved it.................beautiful babies................real and your kit.............You are an amazing artist............Hugs, Kathy
Brendas Babies

Post by Brendas Babies »

Brynne is darling! I love the prototypes. So sweet. But your real children are amazingly adorable! Look at that red hair on your boy! Love it!
Sweet Quinny by Nikki!