ID&TS Review?

Posts announcing and concerning doll shows should go here.
Court_LLRN

ID&TS Review?

Post by Court_LLRN »

I was wondering, for those who went to IDTS this year, if you could let me know your experience? I did hear there was some trouble with the venue and that they are going to move to a different one next year. But my thought was of - how was the traffic there. Was there more in FL than there has been in NC? How did sales go?
My mom and I definitely want to go next year but we're undecided if it would be worth actually going there to show and instead just go to visit. :)
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations
Tracy Lorraine

Re: ID&TS Review?

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

Personally, I loved the hotel. Mike & I parked the car on Thursday & we didn’t get back in it until Sunday. The crowd at the show seemed good to me. Several vendors sold out on day one. As native Floridians, there was no appeal for us to visit the area attractions in the heat since we can see them anytime. Many, many artists and guests flew from outside the country though and I feel that having a true international airport is the reason. Many of them extended their stays to include vacation time in Florida. The cost of getting to the show was much more reasonable for those that had to fly vs past venues. Overall, I think moving the show was a good business decision by Stacey & Georgie.
anjsmiles Angie

Post by anjsmiles Angie »

While the hotel was loud, very spread out, and not easy to navigate, the foot traffic was more this year than in NC I think.
There were also more big name artists/sculptors there which was a great plus. I thnk overall sales were better for many.
I did not have a booth this year as I taught the air dry painting class and focused on that alone. However, I do know several
people sold out of their stuff. There were less representation from the BJD community it seemed but a greater representation
from the reborn dolls community. Overall, I do not think the show floor was any larger than usual in terms of vendors but I also
think this being the first year in FL a lot were waiting this year out to see how it went. I think we got off to a decent start for such
a big change and next year will be even better. I am very much looking forward to going back next year if I am able to get the time
off from work.
marilyn

Post by marilyn »

what are the names of those individuals who organized this show?
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

marilyn wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:48 am what are the names of those individuals who organized this show?
Stacey Haskins & Georgie Brown. The show was in Asheville the past few years & moved to Orlando this year.
karenwhitmore

Post by karenwhitmore »

The showroom floor was beautiful. The vendors did an excellent job displaying their merchandise. But I have to say, as a collector, I thought the show was small. We were in and out of there in 2 1/2 hours and had saw it all and chatted with everyone. I drove 8 hrs round trip and was a bit disappointed at the size of the show. However, I am comparing it to the IDEX shows that use to be held in Orlando and the the one ROSE show I attended in NC. These shows were much larger which is what I prefer. But like I said, the show was beautiful and I enjoyed it for the short amount of time I was there. I would love to see more vendors in the future. I would have honestly been disappointed had I paid to fly there and stay in a hotel but that's just me. Maybe I got spoiled with IDEX. Maybe this is the norm for doll shows nowadays. It's the first one I've been to in 4 years.
marilyn

Post by marilyn »

I was told of a situation that was not handled so nicely by the hostess(es). I did hear that the vendors were great the place was great, etc.
Court_LLRN

Post by Court_LLRN »

Thank you all so much for your feedback!! Sounds like I will definitely be attending next year no matter what. :D
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations