Removing hair from silicone?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
cookielover

Removing hair from silicone?

Post by cookielover »

I want to reroot a silicone head. Much of the hair is gone. Almost looks like a little bug has eaten the hair down to the skull -- happened to one of my dolls once. Anyway I would like to remove all or most of the mohair but don't know how. Thanks for any help. Ruth
Love is not defined by what the other can give you, but who they allow you to be.
LindaBforbabies

Re: Removing hair from silicone?

Post by LindaBforbabies »

I just used tweezers to remove all the short hairs.
MelissaAnn

Post by MelissaAnn »

Ms. Ruth,
I just started pulling it out of one of my babies. Then with the last of it, pulled out the tweezers to get the shorter hairs. It took a while as the hair was so pluggy. It was an older silicone. Good luck. :wink:

Baby huggies
Meli
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Sweet Baby Cameron ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
MariaJose and Zu

Post by MariaJose and Zu »

I use hot wax that is used for depilation to remove old hair in silicone dolls. It does not damage the silicone skull and all the hair leaves quickly. For very short hairs you will have to use tweezers and patience :D

Zu, forever in my heart :heart:
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

Thank you all for the suggestions -- most of the hair is very short as if something ate them down as far as possible so I am not even sure I can find something to get a hold of. Will look into the depilation idea -- or just do it with tweezers and let it go with that. Ruth
Love is not defined by what the other can give you, but who they allow you to be.
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

MariaJose and Zu wrote:I use hot wax that is used for depilation to remove old hair in silicone dolls. It does not damage the silicone skull and all the hair leaves quickly. For very short hairs you will have to use tweezers and patience :D
Thank you for this suggestion. I used it and it worked great. Still had to tweezer off some hair... but it wasn't hard to do at all. Ruth :headspin:
MariaJose and Zu

Post by MariaJose and Zu »

cookielover wrote:
MariaJose and Zu wrote:I use hot wax that is used for depilation to remove old hair in silicone dolls. It does not damage the silicone skull and all the hair leaves quickly. For very short hairs you will have to use tweezers and patience :D
Thank you for this suggestion. I used it and it worked great. Still had to tweezer off some hair... but it wasn't hard to do at all. Ruth :headspin:
Thank you Ruth. Yes, it´s great and quickly. :D Can´t wait to see your four Helland babies together. :hug:

Zu, forever in my heart :heart: