SILICONE SUMMER HEAD BROKE OFF AT NECK by andrea arcello :(

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Susan@childrenoftheheart

Re: SILICONE SUMMER HEAD BROKE OFF AT NECK by andrea arcello :(

Post by Susan@childrenoftheheart »

One more post from me — I am only trying to help — I just got off the phone with Andrea. First, and foremost, she would prefer that people contact her directly. She said that she did sculpt the Maisie edition as a replacement for the Summer edition that had problems at a nominal fee for cost of product used to make Maisie. She was barely able to stay afloat because of this edition. She received no refunds from the pourer and the pourer refused to talk with her about the problem. She was told by the pourer that it was platinum. After talking with the silicone manufacturer, it was determined that it was a problem with how the silicone was mixed. If it is not mixed properly, it will not perform. The correct mixer has to be used and cross contamination has to be carefully monitored. This pretty much answers some question — why do some fall apart and others don’t. The pourer must have had good days of mixing and then not so many good days of mixing it properly — thus the breaking down of the silicone.

My personal opinion — yes, did she make a few mistakes with the Elliott Lucas edition — they were all addressed — but she has come a very long way and produces her product in house now and her dolls are some of the best silicone dolls on the market. I wish each and everyone of you could see the absolutely stunning and beautiful Maggie and Eleanor that I received in. It amazes me that she can sculpt so beautifully — so realistically — the silicone is awesome. I won’t hesitate to order from her now or in the future.

I am sorry for all of those who have had problems, but we are all learning each day. These are handmade dolls. Being in the business for over 20+ years, I could tell you stories about some of the boo boo babies that I have received from artists — who each and every one of them worked with me. I could also tell you about some of the hot messes that I have received from sellers — dolls that were misrepresented by sellers — promises to refund your money but when you ask they don’t have the money, etc., etc. So I’ve taken many losses and have felt the disappointment. I just want to enjoy this hobby and as well as bring joy to everyone’s faces and warm their hearts when they get the baby of their dreams. Long live this awesome hobby!
Carolr

Post by Carolr »

I think all artist have had issues and they use that to get better and they all have learning curves. The actually problem here was not Andrea, but she has the tainted reputation which keeps coming up. I will continue to buy from Andrea as every baby I have had from Her has been perfection....and because I have had issues with most of my silicones from Other artist, I continue to buy from these artist also. I feel they are all getting better and learning along the way

I do feel it is sad that these dolls had these issues and they were not corrected.
Last edited by Carolr on Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
:idea: Hugs, Carol
LynnW

Post by LynnW »

Hi Kellie! Thanks for explaining a bit about the history and what some of the issues were. I totally understand how you feel and if I were in the same situation I would probably also feel hesitant about future purchases. I have had great experiences personally with Andrea and it sounds like the silicone and pouring today are much different and better than in the past. I'm so sorry that happened to your Summer and others'. I'm glad that the issues with Elliott Lucas were made right.

Susan, I'm glad that you contacted Andrea and it sounds like she is willing to do what she can to make things right, so hopefully Monica can get in touch with her directly. It's unfortunate for her too if she contracted out the pouring of that edition because that's money that Andrea also had to pay to Michelle that she's not going to get back and it sounds like she had to take a loss on the Maizie edition as a result, which is unfortunate for her as well.

I definitely understand where everyone's coming from but I personally wouldn't hesitate to purchase from Andrea now or in the future but I also respect where others are coming from given their own experiences.

Monica, I hope you get the situation resolved with your Summer... it is so heartbreaking for that to happen. She is an absolutely beautiful sculpt (I adore smiling babies) so I hope she can get fixed and still be a forever baby for you. :heart:
On YouTube: Little Foot Nursery - youtube.com/c/LittleFootNursery
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/littlefootnursery1/
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

I can agree that there is a learning curve for each artist. But the real test of an artists's character comes when an issue arises and how that artist deals with it. And from everything I have seen on here, Andrea does not go out of her way to make it right with her customers. The only time there seems to be any action on her part is when one of these type of posts appears. And that is after the customer is so frustrated because they got no resolution when trying to deal with her directly. It is just not right to take so much money from someone and then not stand behind your work.

I also agree that Michelle holds part of the responsibility in the Summer edition. It is sad that she is again very active on this forum and has not addressed this problem. But the customers did not send their money to Michelle, they sent it to Andrea. Andrea paid Michelle for the pouring of Summer. So ultimately Andrea bears the responsibility. The two of them should have worked something out among themselves when the Summer problems arose. And then Andrea should have tried to repair the dolls at no cost to the customer or given them a refund. Yes she would have lost a lot of money but its better than damaging your reputation. And because of this, there are many people that will not purchase any silicone's from Andrea or Michelle.
Hugs,
Nadia

LindaBforbabies

Post by LindaBforbabies »

NadiaK wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:46 am I can agree that there is a learning curve for each artist. But the real test of an artists's character comes when an issue arises and how that artist deals with it. And from everything I have seen on here, Andrea does not go out of her way to make it right with her customers. The only time there seems to be any action on her part is when one of these type of posts appears. And that is after the customer is so frustrated because they got no resolution when trying to deal with her directly. It is just not right to take so much money from someone and then not stand behind your work.

I also agree that Michelle holds part of the responsibility in the Summer edition. It is sad that she is again very active on this forum and has not addressed this problem. But the customers did not send their money to Michelle, they sent it to Andrea. Andrea paid Michelle for the pouring of Summer. So ultimately Andrea bears the responsibility. The two of them should have worked something out among themselves when the Summer problems arose. And then Andrea should have tried to repair the dolls at no cost to the customer or given them a refund. Yes she would have lost a lot of money but its better than damaging your reputation. And because of this, there are many people that will not purchase any silicone's from Andrea or Michelle.
I agree with every word you have said Nadia.
Sandras Dreams

Post by Sandras Dreams »

Thank you Susan for clearing this up and going to the artist directly. I have also spoken directly to Andrea. I received Maisie at a reduced price due to the issues with Summer. Silicone doll making is very tricky and evolving art and I am so glad to be a part of it...and grateful that Andrea is sharing her talent with us.
Susan@childrenoftheheart wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:34 am One more post from me — I am only trying to help — I just got off the phone with Andrea. First, and foremost, she would prefer that people contact her directly. She said that she did sculpt the Maisie edition as a replacement for the Summer edition that had problems at a nominal fee for cost of product used to make Maisie. She was barely able to stay afloat because of this edition. She received no refunds from the pourer and the pourer refused to talk with her about the problem. She was told by the pourer that it was platinum. After talking with the silicone manufacturer, it was determined that it was a problem with how the silicone was mixed. If it is not mixed properly, it will not perform. The correct mixer has to be used and cross contamination has to be carefully monitored. This pretty much answers some question — why do some fall apart and others don’t. The pourer must have had good days of mixing and then not so many good days of mixing it properly — thus the breaking down of the silicone.

My personal opinion — yes, did she make a few mistakes with the Elliott Lucas edition — they were all addressed — but she has come a very long way and produces her product in house now and her dolls are some of the best silicone dolls on the market. I wish each and everyone of you could see the absolutely stunning and beautiful Maggie and Eleanor that I received in. It amazes me that she can sculpt so beautifully — so realistically — the silicone is awesome. I won’t hesitate to order from her now or in the future.

I am sorry for all of those who have had problems, but we are all learning each day. These are handmade dolls. Being in the business for over 20+ years, I could tell you stories about some of the boo boo babies that I have received from artists — who each and every one of them worked with me. I could also tell you about some of the hot messes that I have received from sellers — dolls that were misrepresented by sellers — promises to refund your money but when you ask they don’t have the money, etc., etc. So I’ve taken many losses and have felt the disappointment. I just want to enjoy this hobby and as well as bring joy to everyone’s faces and warm their hearts when they get the baby of their dreams. Long live this awesome hobby!
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

I have gotten a number of silicones from artists who have bashed Michelle and their silicones have fallen apart on me. People who cast stones better take care of their own problems before trashing others. There only a handful of artist's silicones that I own that haven't had any issues to date for me. Melissa McCrory, Laura Tuzio Ross, Lori Ivanovich, Vikki Ebbling and Joanna K. I haven't bought a silicone for a good while, they are too expensive to always have to worry about picking them up and an arm, leg and foot fall off. I do believe if you buy a silicone directly from an artist they absolutely should stand behind their work without a doubt.
Last edited by georgeanne on Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
MonicaW

Post by MonicaW »

I paid full price for my Maize at the time my Summer was fine. I had no idea she was made for people who had problems with their Summer and was sold at a reduced price. If that is the case. Shouldn't I be refunded the amount on my Maize to the same price all the others who had Summers that fell apart????
The whole think just makes me sick. We are talking about alot of money. Anyone who wants to stay in business fixes theses kinds of problems. I have seen many artists come and go in the last 20 years And there is a reason why.
Court_LLRN

Post by Court_LLRN »

MonicaW wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:12 pm I paid full price for my Maize at the time my Summer was fine. I had no idea she was made for people who had problems with their Summer and was sold at a reduced price. If that is the case. Shouldn't I be refunded the amount on my Maize to the same price all the others who had Summers that fell apart????
The whole think just makes me sick. We are talking about alot of money. Anyone who wants to stay in business fixes theses kinds of problems. I have seen many artists come and go in the last 20 years And there is a reason why.
If you have both Summer and Maize directly from Andrea, I would definitely give her a message and mention this to her. Just because your Summer fell apart later than others doesn't mean you shouldn't be eligible for getting Maizie at a discount.
I had a Nadia - that I loved to pieces - literally - she completely fall apart. I love Andrea's sculpts but it really has 'traumatized' me into not ever wanting to own another one of her nor Michelle's silicones. :? Especially hearing how even as recent as Elliot and Summer as well as Emerie Mei - there have been issues. It's such a shame because Andrea is an amazing sculptor. But I don't think I'd ever be tempted again unless I know they're being poured by a very reputable silicone molder/pourer like Claire Taylor, Angela Lewis or D3 (just to name a few).
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations
KrisC

Post by KrisC »

I am heart broken this is still happening. Yes, all the Summers were poured in tin as well as most of Arcello's dolls. I do believe the first one she poured in platnuim was Poppy (not 100% on even Poppy) but all her dolls previous to this are Tin and are breaking down. All of them.
Whether the sculpt breaks down in a year or five, tin will break down and crumble. Melissa McCrory is the guru of silicone and so trustworthy and sweet, so any advise needed should come from her.
You can temporarily repair any tears with silypoxy. OR fish tank silicone sealant. It smells like vinegar which means it will bond Tin, as told to me by the late Guy Louis from FuseFx.
I am sorry for this. It's so horrific to have a doll you have paid so much money for, never mind love with all your heart, to break down. Sending u hugs
KrisC

Post by KrisC »

If anyone wants to know if their doll is Tin or not, there is a simple experiment,,,,,,, get some platinum silicone paint and paint a thick streak of silicone paint on the cap or flange of a limb or even a silicone spot you won't see. Leave it for a day. If you can't wipe it off, it's platinum. But if you can, the doll is Tin. Platinum silicone will not adhere to tin.
MonicaW

Post by MonicaW »

I wrote her and asked her to refund me the amount on my Maize to the same price the other Summer Mommies got her for. I still have Summer here. By doing this she is sharing the loss. I will mail Summer to her if she wants she can keep her. Reality is who knows what next. Fingers fall off. Let's see if she does the right thing. This is part of business at times you have to takes loss if something goes wrong with the product if you want to stay in business. Not like I am asking for a full refund. Just the same thing she did for other Summer moms with broken dolls. I will let you know her response.
Kelliegirl

Post by Kelliegirl »

KrisC wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:31 pm I am heart broken this is still happening. Yes, all the Summers were poured in tin as well as most of Arcello's dolls. I do believe the first one she poured in platnuim was Poppy (not 100% on even Poppy) but all her dolls previous to this are Tin and are breaking down. All of them.
Whether the sculpt breaks down in a year or five, tin will break down and crumble. Melissa McCrory is the guru of silicone and so trustworthy and sweet, so any advise needed should come from her.
You can temporarily repair any tears with silypoxy. OR fish tank silicone sealant. It smells like vinegar which means it will bond Tin, as told to me by the late Guy Louis from FuseFx.
I am sorry for this. It's so horrific to have a doll you have paid so much money for, never mind love with all your heart, to break down. Sending u hugs
Thank you Kris for clarifying this for us!! :heart: :hug:

I'm still sickened by the money I lost on Summer and there were no solutions offered to me, in fact Andrea flat ignored me when I emailed her about my Summer! :(
Hugs, Kellie :D

~*Precious Baby Girl*~
MonicaW

Re: DOES ANYONE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ANDREA ARCELLO ?

Post by MonicaW »

Seems to be alot of problems with Andrea Arcello's dolls and her lack of williness to fix the problems. Since my Summer's head ripped off at her neck I have decided to find all the post of the years about Andrea Arcello. We have the right to see these reviews altogether. When this was going on with Suzanne Roberson I did the same thing. She sure made adorable babies. What happened after I did that. She no longer is able to sell dolls. We need to protect each other. Maybe this hasnt happened to you yet. But when it does it sure hurts! Don't protect artists that do this to your friends. Let's send a clear message that if you make a doll and it falls apart and you dont stand behind it we will no longer buy from you. If there are anymore posts about Andrea Arcello bump it up or if your story hasn't been shared start a new topic. Each doll broken should have its own topic .
MonicaW

Re: Attention Summer Arcello Mommies

Post by MonicaW »

Seems to be alot of problems with Andrea Arcello's dolls and her lack of williness to fix the problems. Since my Summer's head ripped off at her neck I have decided to find all the post of the years about Andrea Arcello. We have the right to see these reviews altogether. When this was going on with Suzanne Roberson I did the same thing. She sure made adorable babies. What happened after I did that. She no longer is able to sell dolls. We need to protect each other. Maybe this hasnt happened to you yet. But when it does it sure hurts! Don't protect artists that do this to your friends. Let's send a clear message that if you make a doll and it falls apart and you dont stand behind it we will no longer buy from you. If there are anymore posts about Andrea Arcello bump it up or if your story hasn't been shared start a new topic. Each doll broken should have its own topic .
MonicaW

Bumped up posts about problems with Andrea Arcello's dolls going back to 2014

Post by MonicaW »

avigrace96

Re: Bumped up posts about problems with Andrea Arcello's dolls going back to 2014

Post by avigrace96 »

Hi Monica, I just wanted to say thank you to you and all the other ladies for sharing your experiences with Andrea's silicones. I was just thinking of putting a deposit on her "Eleanor" when you posted about Summer, and up until then I had no idea how bad the situation was. I will not be buying any of her silicones, even if poured in platinum, because I cannot believe how much she has disregarded her customers.
MonicaW

Re: Bumped up posts about problems with Andrea Arcello's dolls going back to 2014

Post by MonicaW »

You just gave me chills. If we stopped one person from getting hurt than it is all worth it. You made the right choice! There are many beautiful babies out there. You will find one you love and the baby won't break your heart one day. Big hugs.
MonicaW

The response I got from Andrea Arcello about head ripped off neck of summer

Post by MonicaW »

As you know I wrote her about Summer who I bought directly from her. And how the head ripped off from the neck. This is her response.

"Hello. We are very sorry to hear of your problems and dissatisfaction with your Summer doll. Andrea has tried to make this right with her original Summer doll owners. Had you mentioned it to us in regard to you being the original owner, we would have certainly offered you a discount like we did others. At this point, Andrea is not in the position to refund customers for Michelle Fagan's pours, and we have in fact heard she is still pouring babies. Perhaps if you contact her, she may offer some type of credit or discount. "

Are you kidding me they would have offered me a discount at the time on Maize but since it ripped off the neck now they are not in the position to do so. She is still making dolls. Give me a break. That is a cold hearted letter. From someone who who is not a doll artist who cares nothing about the dolls or the collectors and only the money. I paid Andrea the money not Michelle. I am heart broken I lost my Summer and they don't care about that in the letter. And no compensation. I guess some doll artists figure they can treat us anyway they want and we will still buy. I have many doll collector friends. We are good hearted people. But we need to not let doll artists like this take advantage of our friends. I cried over this doll. I am sick over her response. I am so upset .
Carolr

Post by Carolr »

I’m sure all be bashed for this! This is sad all around. I think we should wait to hear what Andrea says when she replies to Monica. This has been brought up time after time...these are silicone dolls. Summer was from 6 years ago. I don’t think Artist back then knew what they know now. I seriously doubt Andrea got together with Michelle to make a silicone that would break apart. These are chances we take when we buy these babies. I know for a fact that Andrea did address the Summer situation and if your Summer was defective, you got Maisie at a discounted rate. Andrea received no help from Michelle whatsoever. All her money went into having those dolls poured. And how long do we expect to get refunded when there is a problem....it’s been 6 years. I can’t go buy a refrigerator have it for 6 years, have it break and ask for a refund.....I don’t think we can do that with anything. This is a bad situation, all around. Monica with a damaged Summer which is very sad and unfortunate and Andrea which had someone poured for her and now it’s become a witch hunt every time it’s brought up.

Just like every one can bash Andrea, I can certainly stand behind her because everything I have bought from her has been perfect.
:idea: Hugs, Carol