Question about Jackie Ortiz

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Court_LLRN

Question about Jackie Ortiz

Post by Court_LLRN »

For those of you who have had custom orders from her - including rooting jobs, painting jobs or fully reborned - would you mind PMing me? I have a question :)
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations
LadyFortuna

Re: Question about Jackie Ortiz

Post by LadyFortuna »

I only ever got one response from her a month ago or so. I agreed to a later delivery next year but when I asked about re-rooting an older reborn in addition to that I never got a response back; hence, I had to stall a bit and see if I really want to push through with her. Communication is important to me. Sorry couldn't be of much help.

"[Collecting dolls] is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."
-Forrest Gump
Court_LLRN

Post by Court_LLRN »

LadyFortuna wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:16 pm I only ever got one response from her a month ago or so. I agreed to a later delivery next year but when I asked about re-rooting an older reborn in addition to that I never got a response back; hence, I had to stall a bit and see if I really want to push through with her. Communication is important to me. Sorry couldn't be of much help.
Thank you! That was a lot of help actually. I'm in the same boat as far as communication. I'm glad to know it's not just me. :)
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations
jubileejulie

Post by jubileejulie »

And apparently if you bother her too much she will just decide not to sell to you. There was some drama a few weeks ago with a woman who had a paid for custom order with her and asked twice in a week when the baby would ship so Jackie refunded her money and told her she was not worthy to receive one of her dolls.
Susan Cornelius

Post by Susan Cornelius »

Yep - got the same treatment.
Take your business elsewhere folks.
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

Wow !!!! How can artists treat customers this way? There are so many wonderful ones out there that are more than happy to keep you updated and make wonderful babies. I agree with Susan, take your business elsewhere.
Hugs,
Nadia

KyleeCat S

Post by KyleeCat S »

I heard that she is no longer doing rooting for another custom artist. I liked Jackie, I hope it's all not true, but, it's starting to not look very good.
KYLEE
LynnW

Post by LynnW »

Jackie posted the following video today on her YouTube channel:

She explains some of the challenges and reasons why she is sometimes slow to respond. I have met her and Stephanie at the doll show and corresponded with Stephanie on occasion and they seem like good, honest and nice people. There is also a video on Stephanie's channel about what happened with the custom order.
On YouTube: Little Foot Nursery - youtube.com/c/LittleFootNursery
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/littlefootnursery1/
BeachBabiesKim

Post by BeachBabiesKim »

I wrote what I thought on her video comments section. She needs to take a break from dolls if she can't handle the stress of messages right now. I asked her to try and look at it from the customers perspective. I hope she gets help.
LadyFortuna

Post by LadyFortuna »

I think they are doing well on marketing and uploading new Youtube vids up to 3x/day is quite a feat. However, great marketing = more inquiries...and that has to be better managed. There are a lot of online assistants (I know it is not the best) they can pay for $5-8 per job to at least handle the initial inquiries. It's tough tho because obviously doll collectors love to connect with their artists.It's catch 22. Well, how about they focus more on doll making than their Youtube channel? Just a thought. One of my concerns is as they get a lot of bulk orders, I notice the skin/crease detailing on some of the dolls on the secondary market are not as detailed as some of the other dolls in that price point anyway.

"[Collecting dolls] is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."
-Forrest Gump
LadyFortuna

Post by LadyFortuna »

Update: Wow, I did not know about that phobia about her opening emails (related to social anxiety). That is super tough. I hope she gets some help real soon. Meds would help a lot speaking from experience. No one should ever feel alone. I still think delegating the customer service part to somebody else for the time being is reasonable given her current situation. :(

-Forrest Gump
KyleeCat S

Post by KyleeCat S »

jubileejulie wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:05 am And apparently if you bother her too much she will just decide not to sell to you. There was some drama a few weeks ago with a woman who had a paid for custom order with her and asked twice in a week when the baby would ship so Jackie refunded her money and told her she was not worthy to receive one of her dolls.
Do you have a link to this woman's side of the story?
KYLEE
Shannon

Post by Shannon »

KyleeCat S wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:27 am
jubileejulie wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:05 am And apparently if you bother her too much she will just decide not to sell to you. There was some drama a few weeks ago with a woman who had a paid for custom order with her and asked twice in a week when the baby would ship so Jackie refunded her money and told her she was not worthy to receive one of her dolls.
Do you have a link to this woman's side of the story?
Did you watch the YouTube video that Stephanie posted? For me, that pretty much covered both sides.
As for as customer service and communication is concerned, if you have time to do YouTube videos, then you have time to respond to emails. Don’t dump your personal problems on your clients’ laps. Your paying customers should always come before your YouTube followers.
rdodd75

Post by rdodd75 »

I've never understood why some collectors go crazy over either Ortiz girl's reborns. Their work doesn't appeal to me.
Court_LLRN

Post by Court_LLRN »

The video that was posted was definitely in response to this post. It was not my intention to start anything. Since I wasn't hearing from Jackie, I tried to dig through her Facebook to find one of her customers. Since I couldn't find one, I decided to make a post here to be private messaged by one of her previous customers.
I understand that some have had very negative experiences and I truly empathize with you. This was my first time working with Jackie so I just wasn't sure if the lack of communication was typical. It made me really nervous as she has a special little one of mine waiting to be rooted.
There have been reports of true concerns and I really truly hope those work out. I would continue to try and reach out or do what you can to end it if you're uncomfortable proceeding. I hate to say that but I know it's not worth the stress.
I do not agree with the attacks on her work tho. That's not what this is about and is completely unnecessary. That is blatantly attacking vs. an actual concern or information to share. There are many popular artists whose work I think is terrible but it's to each their own at the end of the day. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder after all.
I also have awful anxiety and I know that same feeling concerning messages. But I also know that I HAVE to look at and answer them. Communication is absolutely critical in a field like this. I hope she can soon either get her anxiety under control or maybe hire someone else for correspondence or she's going to lose business and reputation and I don't wish that on her.
All that being said, she did respond back to me on Facebook which I am very grateful for. I do appreciate those that reached out to me.
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations
love4reborns

Post by love4reborns »

I got a doll from her in June, and she was great with communication and the doll was made within the time frame she predicted.

I can understand her anxiety with regards to communication, but it is apart of work.
love4reborns

Post by love4reborns »

I don't take Jackie as untrustworthy, so I don't think she'd jet with your baby's head, BUT I totally understand where you're coming from. I sent a doll head off to be rooted and the lady disappeared!! A year later she sent the head back to me...unrooted