Chase shipping?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
gabbys_babes

Chase shipping?

Post by gabbys_babes »

Anyone else order from truborns and have their tracking still say “pre-shipment”? I paid for priority shipping which is usually two days and since chase was shipped out yesterday the tracking should have updated by now and I should be receiving him tommorow but yet it hasn’t changed at all and it’s been over 24 hours.

Just wondering. :dunno:
georgeanne

Re: Chase shipping?

Post by georgeanne »

My experience with Priority Shipping if you call USPS they will tell you 2 day shipping is just a guess, (and no I don't get it either), it could be up to 5 days before you get your package. I thought Priority 2 day shipping meant you would get your package in 2 days, but no, apparently not and I've talked with USPS on the phone 3 times and my mailman a couple times. I have generally speaking had packages arrive on time, but some I haven't and it makes me mad because it is more expensive to pay priority.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
gabbys_babes

Post by gabbys_babes »

georgeanne wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:54 pm My experience with Priority Shipping if you call USPS they will tell you 2 days shipping is just a guess, it could be up to 5 days before you get it. I thought Priority 2 day shipping meant you would get your package in 2 days, but no, apparently not and I've talked with USPS on the phone 3 times and my mailman a couple times.
that's interesting because i ship using priority all the time and they always arrive on time. and i've ordered from truborns before and despite living on literally the other end of the country (CA to MD) and i received it in 2-3 days. i guess what i really want to know is if my package has actually shipped or not. i'm on a deadline as i want to finish mine before the ROSE show.
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

gabbys_babes wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:59 pm
georgeanne wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:54 pm My experience with Priority Shipping if you call USPS they will tell you 2 days shipping is just a guess, it could be up to 5 days before you get it. I thought Priority 2 day shipping meant you would get your package in 2 days, but no, apparently not and I've talked with USPS on the phone 3 times and my mailman a couple times.
that's interesting because i ship using priority all the time and they always arrive on time. and i've ordered from truborns before and despite living on literally the other end of the country (CA to MD) and i received it in 2-3 days. i guess what i really want to know is if my package has actually shipped or not. i'm on a deadline as i want to finish mine before the ROSE show.
I know I generally don't have any problems when I pay for Priority Shipping but it has happened to me a few times in the recent past so thought I'd share my experiences and what USPS told me. I was frankly mystified as to why anyone would now pay for Priority 2 day shipping after they told me it was just an estimate and they have 5 days to get your 2 day Priority Package to you before you should worry. Honestly I was speechless when I went to the Post Office in person and after talking with 2 different people on the phone and my post man I was told that. It mostly happens to me with online companies who are large and never with any dolly site. I sure hope it has been shipped maybe, Bobbi will see this and come along and reassure you. That is a tight deadline you've set for yourself.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
gabbys_babes

Post by gabbys_babes »

georgeanne wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:10 pm
gabbys_babes wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:59 pm
I know I generally don't have any problems when I pay for Priority Shipping but it has happened to me a few times in the recent past so thought I'd share my experiences and what USPS told me. I was frankly mystified as to why anyone would now pay for Priority 2 day shipping after they told me it was just an estimate and they have 5 days to get your 2 day Priority Package to you before you should worry. Honestly I was speechless when I went to the Post Office in person and after talking with 2 different people on the phone and my post man I was told that. It mostly happens to me with online companies who are large and never with any dolly site. I sure hope it has been shipped maybe, Bobbi will see this and come along and reassure you. That is a tight deadline you've set for yourself.
I know, I’m crazy 😂 I’m a slow painter too so idk if I’ll be able to manage it.
Susan Cornelius

Post by Susan Cornelius »

The only guaranteed service USPS sells is EXPRESS MAIL. Priority mail is 2-3 days and is not guaranteed.
Shannon

Post by Shannon »

I also received the email yesterday stating the same thing. It just means she has printed the labels and they haven't actually been accepted at the post office or picked up. On rare occasions, I have received packages that weren't updated until delivery. It takes a little time to get a mass amount of shipments together for pick up. I wouldn't be concerned after just a day.
gabbys_babes

Post by gabbys_babes »

Shannon wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:56 pm I also received the email yesterday stating the same thing. It just means she has printed the labels and they haven't actually been accepted at the post office or picked up. On rare occasions, I have received packages that weren't updated until delivery. It takes a little time to get a mass amount of shipments together for pick up. I wouldn't be concerned after just a day.
I wasn’t “concerned” I was just wondering because I’ve never had a package take that long to update the tracking. I’m aware that it’s a big production getting everything shipped out. In any case, it was the tracking itself not updating because when It finally did the times were all off and the package had been picked up hours before. I’m just an impatient person though and I hate waiting for anything in the mail lol. Especially when I’m on a self imposed deadline haha.
gabbys_babes

Post by gabbys_babes »

Susan Cornelius wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:35 pm The only guaranteed service USPS sells is EXPRESS MAIL. Priority mail is 2-3 days and is not guaranteed.
If so than why offer that as an option when purchasing something? Feels kinda pointless to offer priority shipping if it’s really express shipping that’s only guaranteed.
CatW

Post by CatW »

gabbys_babes wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:44 pm Anyone else order from truborns and have their tracking still say “pre-shipment”? I paid for priority shipping which is usually two days and since chase was shipped out yesterday the tracking should have updated by now and I should be receiving him tommorow but yet it hasn’t changed at all and it’s been over 24 hours.

Just wondering. :dunno:
Just keep an eye on it, if nothing else contact Bobbi @ Tru Born
hugs xo, Cat
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

gabbys_babes wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:58 pm
Susan Cornelius wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:35 pm The only guaranteed service USPS sells is EXPRESS MAIL. Priority mail is 2-3 days and is not guaranteed.
If so than why offer that as an option when purchasing something? Feels kinda pointless to offer priority shipping if it’s really express shipping that’s only guaranteed.
After talking with the post office on more than one occasion and them telling me, I have 5 days before I should worry about delivery of my Priority 2-3 package not getting to me, I have no idea why anyone would pay the extra for 2-3 day shipping if it isn't guaranteed to get to me in 2 or 3 days. They even told me they won't investigate until the package is 30 days late. Susan is right about Express Mail being the only guarantee to get to you on time.

Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

Shannon wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:56 pm I also received the email yesterday stating the same thing. It just means she has printed the labels and they haven't actually been accepted at the post office or picked up. On rare occasions, I have received packages that weren't updated until delivery. It takes a little time to get a mass amount of shipments together for pick up. I wouldn't be concerned after just a day.
I was thinking the same thing.. she has printed the labels but that doesn't mean they have been mailed...
Shannon

Post by Shannon »

So excited to receive Chase. The box was picked up by the PO on the 19th. So, only 2 days to get here. Actually less, since it wasn't picked up until the evening of the 19th and I received it around noon today.