• Advertisement

This advertisement does not display to subscribed users

Baking kits with genesis in NuWave oven

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.

Baking kits with genesis in NuWave oven

Postby JoanE » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:21 pm

I need some help or advice here. After reading many peoples comments on the NuWave i bought one to bake my babies. How I used it was to put it on power "7" for 9 minutes. It did not reach 265* til the very last minute of cooking the 9 minutes. I have always used a regular pre-heated oven already at 265* and bake the baby parts for 8 additional minutes at 265*. Do I need for the NuWave to reach temp. of 265* and then bake for 8 minutes longer? Please if some of you can help me know what to do with this NuWave oven and what you do to successfully bake a baby in your NuWave. If I have to bake twice as long as a regular oven cannot see that it would be cost effective in using it and maybe not as reliable. (I got the 9 min. from a post I read sometime ago). Thank you for any advice that you can give me.
Hugs,
Joan
JoanE

Advertisement

This advertisement does not display to subscribed users

Re: Baking kits with genesis in NuWave oven

Postby Nanas Joyful Babies » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:20 pm

Hi
I do not have a NuWave but I have an InfraChef. this is how I worked out my method.
When I first got mine I put the extender ring on and then set up the racks (2) . I put my thermometer on the top rack, dialed my temp to @ 270 degrees and then set the oven for 8 min. I watched the temp the whole time. It slowly reached 270 by 5 minutes time and maintained it. This is on the top rack. Then the oven turned off and I watched the thermometer until it began to fall. It was exactly 3 min more before it fell below 265-270. So then I did the same run with the thermometer on the bottom rack. Set the temp at @ 270 on the dial, set the time for 8 minutes, and then watched it thru the cycle. This time it was interesting. The temp did not get to 270 until about 6 minutes in the cycle and then after the oven shut off it did not cool down for more than 5 minutes. Then I ran another test run for the bottom with a test head on the bottom rack and a set of test limbs on the top rack. I also included the thermometer on the bottom. Set it the same way 270 for 8 min. This time the bottom reached temp at 6 min, and the top at 5 min but it still took it about 3-4 min to begin to fall temp wise.
I deduced that I needed to set the oven on the 270 for the 8 min, and then after the cycle finished leave everything shut for another 4 minutes to make sure that the heat was enuff. This method has worked well for me everytime. If I do not use both racks I adjust accordingly.
HOpe this helps. DO NOT experiment with your good stuff...use old parts so that you if get it too hot etc you will lose nothing. Onece you get it all working I think you will love it!
hugs
Joy
Nanas Joyful Babies

Postby JoanE » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:54 pm

Thank you Joy. On the Nuwave you cannot set the temp.(does not have a temp. dial) only has buttons 1-10 with the 7 or 8 being in the 250*-300* range. I don't have the nerve to put kit parts in there yet as don't have any that i could use as test parts and can't afford to ruin any part of a good kit. But are you saying that you don't bake your kits for the full 8 min. at a constant 265*recommended for genesis paints? (I thought that was a must). I did get the extender ring with mine but did not get 2 racks but can use the one rack that I got at 1" or at 4". Maybe this was not a wise move for me getting the NuWave??? I have been reborning for 5 yrs now so this is not a new venture for me...it's the NuWave oven that is the new venture. I was trying to find a more efficent and safe way of cooking the baby parts and besides I just had a total knee replacement and I do baby painting downstairs and have to come upstairs to bake baby and it is not working going up and downstairs with my knees. It would work out perfect if I could just bake downstairs. If anyone else could give me some more advice would greatly appreciate it especially if you have the NuWave. Thanks again Joy for your response.
Hugs,
Joan
JoanE

Postby Royal Ascot Reborns Caz » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:02 am

Mine isn't a NuWave, but is the same in that it doesn't reach the temp until a couple of minutes before the end! But I have reborn dozens of kits with it so far & had no problems, & the kit is very hot when I remove it, so I assumed it was fine. Certainly never had any chalky babies or paint scratching/rubbing off. I think if mine was on the full temp for the whole 8 minutes it would probably melt!

Royal Ascot Reborns Caz

Return to General Dolly Discussions