• Advertisement

This advertisement does not display to subscribed users

ashton drake silicone???

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.

ashton drake silicone???

Postby Stephanies With Love Nursery Babies » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:17 pm

I seen this silicone baby that Ashton Drake is selling and was wondering if anyone has bought her and would recommend this baby or not. Also, if possible, can you show me actual pictures of her? A lot of times Ashton Drake babies look nothing like they are advertised. Thanks so much!!

http://www.ashtondrake.com/products/301 ... doll-.html
With Love,
Stephanie

Image Image
Stephanies With Love Nursery Babies

Advertisement

This advertisement does not display to subscribed users

Re: ashton drake silicone???

Postby Connor » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:56 pm

I have this little sweetheart and LOVE her! :elephant: She does need a little "elbow grease" but it's nothing terrible. Here's a full review I did of her for my forum - just copied and pasted...

Her silicone is VERY flexible. I would say it's probably not nearly as flexible as the "super soft" silicone but I'm okay with that. It's firm enough that it feels like a real baby but still soft and squishy:

Her hands and feet are precious. I love her fingers and toes!

I was not a fan of her original hair from the company at all. I'm almost certain (well I'm positive) that it's machine rooted. The quality of the mohair itself wasn't TERRIBLE but it certainly wasn't the greatest. It was oddly rooted, thick all around the outside and very thin in a circle in the middle.

Before I pulled it out:

After I pulled it out - you can see the circle I was talking about - it's darker:

I've found a few flaws on her as I expected I would - she was only $200 so I wasn't expecting anything high quality.

Her left knee and foot are VERY shiny. Shiny to the point of looking wet. I keep powdering them and it doesn't seem to go away:

There is a flaw on her left arm as well, almost like a scratch or a defect from when she was pulled out of the mold:

I don't like her body whatsoever and have already ordered a new one LOL. It seems way too small and as all AD bodies are is weirdly made.

Her legs are 3/4 but not joined. Where there'd be a joint on most bodies it's just sewn together. I don't like that at all and I'm not sure how durable it'd be:

She's pretty stiff and could use some restuffing. Honestly right now she's not all that cuddly but that's an easy fix.

All in all I LOVE this little princess and I'm so happy I got her. I'd recommend her to anyone who is willing to put a little elbow grease into her. I love the feel her silicone has and I would not hesitate to order another AD silicone. I'll be looking into Lily Rose later this year :D

And here are a few more photos:

Hope this helped! :heart:
Connor

Postby Stephanies With Love Nursery Babies » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:22 am

THANK YOU SO MUCH! yes that was of great help! :D
With Love,
Stephanie

Image Image
Stephanies With Love Nursery Babies

Postby Shawndamom3 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:02 am

I wonder what type of silicone AD uses to sell them so cheap? Is it tin based maybe?
Shawndamom3

Postby Connor » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:17 pm

Stephanies With Love Nursery Babies wrote:THANK YOU SO MUCH! yes that was of great help! :D

Glad I could help! I LOVE my little sweetie and would highly recommend her :heart: :elephant: You'll love her too :D
Connor

Return to General Dolly Discussions