• Advertisement

This advertisement does not display to subscribed users

Is this a defect? help please

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.

Is this a defect? help please

Postby GailCarey » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:32 pm

Recently I've had a lot of trouble with the sale on Ebay of my Bo-elle reborn doll. If you have not read the posts about this here are the links to my recent posts about this matter.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=299427

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=298138

What I would really like to know is this:

IS A DOLL WITH FIXED LIMBS (NO JOINTS, FULL LIMBS) CONSIDERED FAULTY IF THE LIMBS ARE NOT MOVABLE?

http://store.dolldreams.net/Sally-Kathy ... _622.html#

I have sold many dolls over the past few years with full arms and never once has a buyer complained about them not moving until now. Am I at fault here? Would really like to know.

thanks in advance,
Gail
GailCarey

Advertisement

This advertisement does not display to subscribed users

Re: Is this a defect? help please

Postby NancyWdollielover » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:36 pm

I ONLY buy bodies from Dolldreams for all my toddlers..Arianna, Bo-Elle, Leontyne, Belinda and both of the Regina S. toddlers have the exact style arm holes, JUST different size holes to match the kits :D And they can all wear sleeveless tops
Maybe it is your cable ties, only use ones with a tiny metal tooth inside the little head(Dolldreams sells that kind,as does Gina, and more sellers too)
NancyWdollielover

Postby GailCarey » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:53 pm

NancyWdollielover wrote:I ONLY buy bodies from Dolldreams for all my toddlers..Arianna, Bo-Elle, Leontyne, Belinda and both of the Regina S. toddlers have the exact style arm holes, JUST different size holes to match the kits :D And they can all wear sleeveless tops
Maybe it is your cable ties, only use ones with a tiny metal tooth inside the little head(Dolldreams sells that kind,as does Gina, and more sellers too)

thanks Nancy.........those ARE the ones I use.

hugs,
Gail :heart:
GailCarey

Postby Tracy Lorraine » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:58 pm

I just received my Boelle from Nancy this week & both of her arms move. Sorry, you're having so much trouble with this one.
Hugs,
Tracy
Tracy Lorraine

Postby GailCarey » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:11 pm

thank you Nancy and Tracy for your replies but I really need to know if 'fixed limb' arms do not move in the opening is this considered a defect in a reborn, or broken, etc? I need to know if I am at fault here. I want to be a good reborner.

thanks,
Gail
GailCarey

Postby NancyWdollielover » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:16 pm

when I am finished with BoElle or any of my full arm toddlers, the arms can move like the head can move side to side, not real easily BUT they buyer can move the head and the arms... It really isn't hard to do honestly, just like the head. :D
NancyWdollielover

Postby GailCarey » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:25 pm

NancyWdollielover wrote:when I am finished with BoElle or any of my full arm toddlers, the arms can move like the head can move side to side, not real easily BUT they buyer can move the head and the arms... It really isn't hard to do honestly, just like the head. :D

okay, I'll take that as a 'yes' then Nancy.

hugs,
gail :heart:
GailCarey

Postby GailCarey » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:57 pm

wow..........150 views and only 2 replies. I guess no one wants to tell me if unmovable limbs are a defect or not. Thanks Nancy for your help. You're the best!

Gail
GailCarey

Postby lisa_moments_in_infinity » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:29 pm

IMHO, if you didn't say they would move, then it is not a defect. There are full limbed bodies that you can buy that are disc jointed, they just have a small cap on them.... it is similar to the full jointed legs versus the ones that have the legs attached to the front of the body. The disc jointed bodies are the ones I try to get if I can because then it is easier for posing and movement. I am not sure why yours is having trouble turning :dunno: sorry I couldn't be more help....
OFFERING CUSTOM ROOTING
It's better to fail in originality, than succeed in imitation~Herman Melville
http://moments-in-infinity.webs.com
lisa_moments_in_infinity

Postby GailCarey » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:31 pm

lisa_moments_in_infinity wrote:IMHO, if you didn't say they would move, then it is not a defect. There are full limbed bodies that you can buy that are disc jointed, they just have a small cap on them.... it is similar to the full jointed legs versus the ones that have the legs attached to the front of the body. The disc jointed bodies are the ones I try to get if I can because then it is easier for posing and movement. I am not sure why yours is having trouble turning :dunno: sorry I couldn't be more help....

thanks Lisa......just your reply is help in itself because I am feeling very inept at the moment.
hugs,
GailCarey

Postby lisa_moments_in_infinity » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:44 pm

GailCarey wrote:
lisa_moments_in_infinity wrote:IMHO, if you didn't say they would move, then it is not a defect. There are full limbed bodies that you can buy that are disc jointed, they just have a small cap on them.... it is similar to the full jointed legs versus the ones that have the legs attached to the front of the body. The disc jointed bodies are the ones I try to get if I can because then it is easier for posing and movement. I am not sure why yours is having trouble turning :dunno: sorry I couldn't be more help....

thanks Lisa......just your reply is help in itself because I am feeling very inept at the moment.
hugs,

:foryou: You'll find a solution that works for you... :hug:
OFFERING CUSTOM ROOTING
It's better to fail in originality, than succeed in imitation~Herman Melville
http://moments-in-infinity.webs.com
lisa_moments_in_infinity

Postby Jaunty Jagoda » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:47 pm

I thing it may be considered as your fault. In my opinion collectors expect reborn dolls to be "soft and poseable". Except when you clearly state they're not.
Livia available!
http://jaunty.blueberries.pl/%C5%BC%C5% ... pne/lidian

What I have on
Image?
Click on the logo Image
Jaunty Jagoda

Postby Royal Ascot Reborns Caz » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:49 pm

Do you mean full arm un jointed body? Or full body like the LDC Victoria doll? If full arm un jointed soft body, yes they move. Just a case of getting the cable ties not too tight? I don't like full limb jointed bodies personally as they look like they have wrestlers shoulders. Much prefer unjointed full limb bodies & ties loose enough to move the arms.
If you mean the Victoria sculpt body, no idea as I haven't done it. Haven't done any toddler reborns either.

Royal Ascot Reborns Caz

Postby _Melinda » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:24 pm

I guess my take is that if the doll is shown in pictures in different positions, I expect the limbs to move in those positions when I buy them. If they do not, I think it should be stated in the listing that the doll is not jointed, but was specially posed in pictures unassembled. It may be considered deceptive not too. I don't think this is a matter of something be defective as much as I think it's a matter of what some might consider faulty advertising. Now, I'm stating this from my point of view as a lawyer with commercial experience; not because I think you intended to deceive anyone. I purchased your Suze awhile back and absolutely loved her! Your work is very good. And, I've purchased non jointed reborns, and have been happy with them because the limbs sort of flopped around a little though I couldn't raise them over the dolls head for example.

My advice would be to state that a doll is not jointed; and if the baby don't pose like she does in the pix, to say that too. It'll save you a lot of grief in future listings. :)

Boelle is beautiful by the way!
My baby!
_Melinda

Postby GailCarey » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:27 pm

Royal Ascot Reborns Caz wrote:Do you mean full arm un jointed body? Or full body like the LDC Victoria doll? If full arm un jointed soft body, yes they move. Just a case of getting the cable ties not too tight? I don't like full limb jointed bodies personally as they look like they have wrestlers shoulders. Much prefer unjointed full limb bodies & ties loose enough to move the arms.
If you mean the Victoria sculpt body, no idea as I haven't done it. Haven't done any toddler reborns either.

yes, it's the full limb unjointed body I am referring to. Tried leaving the cable tie loose for the first buyer but arm fell off. Tried putting ribbon around the grooves for the second buyer but left arm still wouldn't move.

thanks!
GailCarey

Postby CLmamaof4 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:37 pm

Just wanted to offer :hug:
Anxiously awaiting my beautiful ~*~Amelia ~*~

CLmamaof4

Postby Terrie » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:07 pm

A lot of full limb reborns have limbs that don't move. I was surprised when I bought one from a "famous" reborner several years ago and the legs and head would not move. I have had several different buyers send me emails surprised that my full limb babies limbs moved so freely and I have even had one buyer send me a reborn by someone else to "fix" the head so it would move. It is not a fault if it was not advertised such as "arms and legs move freely". I say it is not a defect.

After I am completely done painting and before I start to assemble the doll, I coat all the grooves of the full limb/unjointed limbs and head, with superglue. I brush on a thick coat and let sit overnight to dry. It works perfectly.

hugs
Terrie
Terrie

Postby Royal Ascot Reborns Caz » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:41 pm

GailCarey wrote:
Royal Ascot Reborns Caz wrote:Do you mean full arm un jointed body? Or full body like the LDC Victoria doll? If full arm un jointed soft body, yes they move. Just a case of getting the cable ties not too tight? I don't like full limb jointed bodies personally as they look like they have wrestlers shoulders. Much prefer unjointed full limb bodies & ties loose enough to move the arms.

yes, it's the full limb unjointed body I am referring to. Tried leaving the cable tie loose for the first buyer but arm fell off. Tried putting ribbon around the grooves for the second buyer but left arm still wouldn't move.

thanks!

That's a mystery then. Not known that before. I have done lots with full arms/legs, like Jack Kewy, Berenguers that I gave soft bodies. Reese (which I haven't finished yet admittedly) Not sure what you can do there!

Royal Ascot Reborns Caz

Postby lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:07 pm

I don't think I am understanding. No reborn that I am aware of has fixed arms. Just because she is a full limb baby all limbs should still be able to move even if it is only up and down. Are there no joints in the shoulder? I know doll dreams has some with just a tiny cap for full limb babies (not sure about toddlers) But even without the joint they should be able to move some.
Debra Jadick
Lasting Memories Reborn Nursery
http://www.lastingmemoriesrebornnursery.net
Specializing in Custom Reborns & Reborn Repairs
lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra

Postby NancyWdollielover » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:13 pm

lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra wrote:I don't think I am understanding. No reborn that I am aware of has fixed arms. Just because she is a full limb baby all limbs should still be able to move even if it is only up and down. Are there no joints in the shoulder? I know doll dreams has some with just a tiny cap for full limb babies (not sure about toddlers) But even without the joint they should be able to move some.

All the full limb arm bodies from Germany (I have used), like Adrie Stoete and Dolldreams sell, have an arm opening EXACTLY like the neck opening on every doll body. You put the arm/shoulder into the arm hole(like you do the dolls neck into the neck opening) tighten the cable tie, with a little bit of give(like you do the head) and the arm will move up and down, and backwords, just like the head. It doesn't swing around losely, BUT the buyer can move them :D
NancyWdollielover

Next

Return to General Dolly Discussions