Alerting Everyone About Amanda of Northern Lights Nursery

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
marilyn

Alerting Everyone About Amanda of Northern Lights Nursery

Post by marilyn »

At the end of July I paid for a custom doll that I never got. Requested the doll or a refund (many times) amd all I got was excuses but still no doll and no refund. The reborner is Amanda D Milbury of Northern Lights Nursery. She has dolls posted on facebook and is selling dolls on ebay all the time under the same name. There is another member on this forum who is having the same problem.

Just wanted to alert everyone.
Last edited by marilyn on Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lisa/preciousnewborns

Re: Alerting Everyone....

Post by lisa/preciousnewborns »

It really bothered me in the first place when she came on and offered like that. The old saying came to my mind if it sounded to good to be true it probably is.
chelle77

Re: Alerting Everyone....

Post by chelle77 »

Haven't others had trouble with her before also?
Hope you get it sorted out...I just don't understand people that take money from a customer and then don't deliver what they are supposed to.. :roll:
lifesabeachbabyKim

Re: Alerting Everyone About Amanda of Northern Lights Nurser

Post by lifesabeachbabyKim »

This drives me just crazy! I stress about finishing babies for my customers once I have their money so how can this person relax and live with their self knowing they have someone elses' money!? It just isn't right and I heard about this person Amanda on FB a few months ago in one of the reborn scam pages. :( Sorry you never got your baby. It is people like this that give reborners a bad name. It just ruins it for everyone. :(
britanie28532

Post by britanie28532 »

I'm so sorry that you got screwed over, Marilyn.

I know you definitely are not the only one who she scammed. I really hope she does the right thing and sends everyone back their money.
lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra

Post by lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra »

Here is her facebook page. She has a ton of dolls on there but also people asking for refunds!

Oh and I also shared your story on facebook on my wall leaving out your name of course.
sarahdaugherty

Post by sarahdaugherty »

Do you have an eBay link?

sandramakesbabies

Post by sandramakesbabies »

this is just horrible! I dont even take deposits . I figure if they dont want the doll I can sell her to someone else,I could never do this to someone
sarahdaugherty

Post by sarahdaugherty »

sandramakesbabies wrote:this is just horrible! I dont even take deposits . I figure if they dont want the doll I can sell her to someone else,I could never do this to someone
I like this! Very true
KrisC

Post by KrisC »

Marilyn, I posted on her FB page for you!
I ABHOR THEIVES!!!
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

This is just terrible but I don't think she had good intentions in the beginning. I guess you could file an internet fraud report if enough people file they may contact her but then again , the ones that do this type of thing seem to get away with it, just to name a few Jenny Gannon, RDK and Im sure there have been others
That is just stealing as far as I am concerned and I just don't know how they can get away with it let alone live with themselfs.
marilyn

Post by marilyn »

Everyone.......I felt I just had to let everyone know what type of a person she is. No, I am not the only one she has screwed over. I too posted on her Facebook page AND sent a message through ebay contact. Once of the others that she did this to from this forum has contacted paypal....I haven't as of yet but I'm going to. Debra, I don't mind at all that you posted on fbook on my behalf. As a matter of fact, I'm looking into charging her with internet fraud. It's bad enough she's done this to me and several others but I don't think she should be allowed to do it to anyone else. I'm even going to contact ebay and see if there is anything that can be done under the circumstances. Thanks all for your support. I really feel stupid that I let someone get over on me like that but she did come recommended to me.

Mistijo

Post by Mistijo »

I am so sorry this has happened to Marilyn and another person on here. ( I won't mention names). I sure hope there aren't others having to go thru what they are going thru. At first, I gave Amanda the benefit of the doubt with her family problems. But then after having to keep after her to get a date for my co-owned baby and because I had already waited so long, I stuck it out. At least she communicated with me throughout but I had to keep after her almost every day toward the end appealing to her sense of right. She wouldn't want anyone to treat her that way and we needed our hard earned money too. I wanted to believe that she was being honest but after seeing baby after baby go up on ebay while waiting for mine......that I couldn't understand. Even if she took some money from each of her sales, she would have money to refund those who paid deposits up front or the very least, reborn their dolls. At least I finally got mine and have tried to intervene for Marilyn and the other lady and after a few times she did write back and say she was contacting them, she doesn't even answer anymore and that is probably because she knows what it is about. I hope she does the right thing and refund everyone she owes. What a shame because she could of made a good name for herself as she is talented but........actions speak louder than words.
christina

Post by christina »

YES, INDEED, I AM THE OTHER MEMBER HERE ON DOLLFAN WHO HAS BEEN CONNED BY AMANDA. ON JULY 14TH I PAID HER $120.00 FOR A PAINTED & ROOTED SIENNA PRATT KIT. WE AGREED THAT I WOULD ADD THE BODY & FILLINGS & ASSEMBLE THE BABY MYSELF, SO MY ORDER SHOULD HAVE BEEN FAIRLY EASY.
I MESSAGED MANY TIMES & ASKED FOR THE PAINTED/ROOTED DOLL OR A REFUND...EVENTUALLY AMANDA AGREED ON A REFUND BUT I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM HER SINCE & SHE DOES NOT ANSWER ANY OF MY PM MESSAGES HERE.
I ALSO HAVE CONTACTED HER VIA PRIVATE EMAIL, VIA EBAY MESSAGE SERVICE, & ALSO LEFT A POLITE BUT FIRM REQUEST FOR REFUND AS PROMISED ON HER FACEBOOK PAGE, BUT HAVE HAD NO REPLY TO THESE OTHER MESSAGES.
I AM STILL WAITING.
MAYBE I WAS A FOOL TO TRUST SOMEONE TO THE TUNE OF $120.00 BUT THAT DOESN'T ABSOLVE AMANDA MILBURY (NORTHERN LIGHTS NURSERY) FROM OBTAINING MY MONEY BY FALSE PRETENCES.
THANK YOU TO MARILYN & ALSO TO MICKI FOR THEIR SUPPORT IN THIS MATTER.
CHRISTINE
CLmamaof4

Post by CLmamaof4 »

Oh Marilyn, I am so sorry :( you are just the sweetest person too... I hope she does the right thing :(
NancyWdollielover

Post by NancyWdollielover »

this is very sad, seeing all you nice ladies scammed :( :hug:
and it is true, it puts a black mark on reborn artists and doll sellers, esp with new buyers and collectors
Makes me wonder how many other forums and selling avenues she has done this?? That could really add up to a lot of money :shock: :shock: Maybe thousands of dollars total? :shock:
and in her auctions, she says "WE" all the time, is there more than one person reborning under her Nursery name??