Composition dolls, vintage and antique babies

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Kathleens_foreverbabies

Composition dolls, vintage and antique babies

Post by Kathleens_foreverbabies »

Hi Ladies, I know we are always talking about reborn sales but I have a question about vintage doll sales. I have a bunch of composition dolls that I used to display at my now closed picture framing business and they have been carefully packed away for several years since I have no room to display them anymore. I looked at compo dolls on Ebay but they are not bringing anything :( Any suggestions about how to market them? Thanks! Kathleen
Last edited by Kathleens_foreverbabies on Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[/img]Image
Barbara L.

Re: Composition dolls

Post by Barbara L. »

I don't have any suggestions about selling your dolls, but do you think Steve would let us have a section for vintage dolls?
Many of us have dolls from our childhood or some that we have collected. It would be neat to see these dolls and maybe
even sell or trade them?
Just a thought, what does everyone else think? :goofy:
Dolls for Sale: https://www.reborns.com/VinStyleandMore and Vintage baby clothes & shoes for sale: https://vinstyleandmore.etsy.com
Joyce

Post by Joyce »

I have a lot of vintage and antique dolls too and would love a place to show and talk about them.
ellenroberts

Post by ellenroberts »

The antique doll market is really down right now. In my area anyway. Expect to only get 1/3 to 1/2 of what the value is. I have no idea why it is like that.
Colleen Renee

Post by Colleen Renee »

I too collect vintage dolls. I think a section on this forum to antique/vintage dolls is a great idea!
Kathleens_foreverbabies

Great idea Ladies :elephant: ! Does anyone know Steve to ask him if we could have a special place for our 'old dollies'?
[/img]Image
Maisa_BabyLuvAlways

Post by Maisa_BabyLuvAlways »

I would love to see a section on doll-fan for antique dolls! :heart:

Kathleen, you can just send Steve a pm asking about that. His user name/address is the first one if you go to the members section.
SharonL

Post by SharonL »

Yes, I'd love that, too! It would be fun to show our vintage dollies. :dance:
SharonL
We now live in Virginia, about 20 miles south of Richmond.
Any dolly lovers, bear lovers, around?
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

My first love and always will be are antique and vintage dolls, they are by far my favorite. I do love silicones to though. :lol:
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
Brendas Babies

Post by Brendas Babies »

I love the vintage and antique dolls as well.
Sweet Quinny by Nikki!
Kathleens_foreverbabies

Hi Ladies, I just PM'd Steve so we'll see what he says. Fingers crossed :grouphug: !
[/img]Image
aliciatdolls

Re: Composition dolls, vintage and antique babies

Post by aliciatdolls »

I actually spend heaps of time looking at antique dolls and also ooaks.I actually don't even google reborns and only see what is out there via my fb friends.lol.
I LOVE antique dolls. I love Effanbee, Arranbee and Pedigree dolls just to mention a few.
You would think that being a reborn artist I would collect and obsess ovrr reborns but its the ooaks and antique dolls that have a special place in my heart.
medici

Post by medici »

I do too. My main collecting was always the antique. I tend to focus at babies for a while, then going back to antique dolls, then back again to the babies. I am in an antique phase just now, so my next dolly will be an antique one. I am a member of several of the antique FB groups. Some of the ladies from there I have known for 10 to 15 years, as dealer friends, friends from the Ebay dollboard and groups :) . The doll discussion board on ebay used to be a fantastic venue for seeing dolls: there were some serious experts and collectors within almost every antique vintage mediums. Also some of the very best restorers out there. (if I ever get a green eared Barbie, I would know how to deal with it LOL, it is thanks to those ladies I know how to use the old pink glass cleaner for buffing and cleaning dirty composition, or how to curl the mohair for the little wigs and how to deal with frizzy synthetic hair). Like reborn collectors: the lovers of old has their need to share tips and hints and solve mystery makers 8)
tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

A section for vintage dolls would be wonderful............Hugs, Kathy
suebabygirl

Post by suebabygirl »

I collect vintage and antique dolls and have always wished for a section here! that would be just marvelous.
kd

Post by kd »

I agree. It would be great to have an antique doll section, here.
Kathleens_foreverbabies

I haven't heard back from Steve yet but I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I have a few really wonderful compos that I need to find a new home for so a special place for these wonderful dollies would be so welcomed :baby1: !
[/img]Image
Audrey

Post by Audrey »

I love antique and vintage dolls also! They are so special and I love having dolls as old and older than I am. :D
SweetSeriah

Post by SweetSeriah »

Kathleens_foreverbabies wrote:Hi Ladies, I just PM'd Steve so we'll see what he says. Fingers crossed :grouphug: !

Yay!!! I would LOVE this!!
Maisa_BabyLuvAlways

Post by Maisa_BabyLuvAlways »

Any word on this Kathleen? :)