Worst Reborning Mistakes?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Traci

Re: Worst Reborning Mistakes?

Post by Traci »

Luckily it was a sad, crying face so I just bandaged up the arm,like he had a burn on it, disclosed the damage, and sold it as-is. His new mommy loved him, boo-boo and all. That was back when there were maybe 500 reborns on e-bay at a time and most all of them sold.
Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

In the beginning, putting paint on too thick and making them look chalky. (Thin thin layers.) And gluing eyelashes on closed eyed babies, along with taking pictures of sleepers sitting up...oh and putting eyebrows up too high! :roll:

Can't wait to see what you do!
Froggies4Brandi

Post by Froggies4Brandi »

Traci wrote:Luckily it was a sad, crying face so I just bandaged up the arm,like he had a burn on it, disclosed the damage, and sold it as-is. His new mommy loved him, boo-boo and all. That was back when there were maybe 500 reborns on e-bay at a time and most all of them sold.
Awwww, that is GREAT!! I am glad he sold for you anyways!! What a GREAT idea to fix the boo boo!! :D
Froggies4Brandi

Post by Froggies4Brandi »

Suzanne wrote:In the beginning, putting paint on too thick and making them look chalky. (Thin thin layers.) And gluing eyelashes on closed eyed babies, along with taking pictures of sleepers sitting up...oh and putting eyebrows up too high! :roll:

Can't wait to see what you do!
Is that what causes them to look chalky? I never even knew that, but I have seen some chalky looking reborns. That is very interesting and good to know!!
Ashton_eternallovesnursery

Post by Ashton_eternallovesnursery »

Not using enough colors. When I first started I done one layer each of flesh, mottling, veining/blue wash, lips/blush/nails. They looked so unfinished lol

Over baking! I made my cousin a vampire baby and caught him just in time to have a face the texture of the towel!

Oh and putting in eyes! For the longest time I cut straight across theidfle of the eye socket instead of along the top or bottom I would fight those eyes in until my fingers were almost bleeding!