HELP!!!

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Shawndamom3

Re: HELP!!!

Post by Shawndamom3 »

It has been well known in the dolly world that tin cured silicone is unacceptable.....long before the Summer edition was poured. No pourer/artist can use the excuse that they didn't know, that is just phooey!
Maybe silicone additives were used and this is causing the breakdown. No way were they poured in Platinum or Dragonskin silicone, there are just too many issues with that edition for it to be possible. I feel terrible for those who own dolls that are just falling apart.
KrisC

Post by KrisC »

Barby wrote: My Summer's (I had been the only owner) head tore and I had never even played with/changed her. I contacted Andrea and she offered to fix her. I had to pay shipping both ways. :roll:
Barby, did she actually fix her??? Cause if the doll is fixed and the head is back on properly... that would mean Andrea reglued her with tin silicone (tin only works with tin and platinum with platinum).... which in my minds says she knew they were tin :dunno:
Barby

Post by Barby »

Her head was put back on................but, when she came back, I put a thick coat of silicone repair over the damaged area. So far, so good.
MonicaW

Post by MonicaW »

Seems to be alot of problems with Andrea Arcello's dolls and her lack of williness to fix the problems. Since my Summer's head ripped off at her neck I have decided to find all the post of the years about Andrea Arcello. We have the right to see these reviews altogether. When this was going on with Suzanne Roberson I did the same thing. She sure made adorable babies. What happened after I did that. She no longer is able to sell dolls. We need to protect each other. Maybe this hasnt happened to you yet. But when it does it sure hurts! Don't protect artists that do this to your friends. Let's send a clear message that if you make a doll and it falls apart and you dont stand behind it we will no longer buy from you. If there are anymore posts about Andrea Arcello bump it up or if your story hasn't been shared start a new topic. Each doll broken should have its own topic .