HELP!!!

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Judith

HELP!!!

Post by Judith »

I am soooo sad! My Summer just lost her head and one arm , when I changed her. due to rips at the base of them.
I was very carefull, as always. Only a few minutes before that happend, I recogniced that some of her fingers have small rips. I was very surprised, as I did not see them befor.
How can I fix her? Can I do it mayself, or should I send her to an silicone artist?
My poor, poor baby girl :cry:
Inspired_Rebecca

Re: HELP!!!

Post by Inspired_Rebecca »

I'm sooo sorry to hear that. There are some amazing ladies on here that could help, I'm sure.

I'm not sure if just silpoxy to 'glue' the parts back together would be enough since they're large areas.

I hope she's fixed good as new for you soon.
Rebecca
Cindy428

Post by Cindy428 »

I would contact who you purchased her from for starters
Heidi

Post by Heidi »

Oh, that's horrible! :(
lifesabeachbabyKim

Post by lifesabeachbabyKim »

Awwww NO!! Well silpoxy is the way to go but I strongly recommend you sending her to someone who works with silicone to get her done right unless you have worked with it before. I am sure once you have her repaired she will be good as new. :)
Littleonesmariena

Post by Littleonesmariena »

I would send her off to someone to get fixed
I have fixed numerous silicones now with silpoxy but it can be very messy if not done right, or it wont seal properly if not done right and it will make it look really bad.....

poor baby
Jasmin

Post by Jasmin »

I would contact Andrea Arcello and see about getting her fixed by the Artist.
My Prince Charming Humphrey Elliott Lucas by Andrea Arcello
Ginny W

Post by Ginny W »

:shock: Wow now I know why I do not pay 100's of dollars for silicone dolls that tear apart...I would be mad.. give me my soft vinyl reborns any day.. :mrgreen:
Newest WIP baby at..
Loving Touch Nursery
Visit all her photo album on FB
https://www.facebook.com/ginny.westley/ ... 317&type=3
Meg

Post by Meg »

Ginny W wrote::shock: Wow now I know why I do not pay 100's of dollars for silicone dolls that tear apart...I would be mad.. give me my soft vinyl reborns any day.. :mrgreen:
Make that $1000's :( I would suggest contacting Andrea, I believe there was some trouble a while back with some of her silicones degrading and tearing? I could be wrong though, maybe someone else remembers? I hope she can be fixed for you :cry:
Sandis Doll House

Post by Sandis Doll House »

I had to repair my Summers neck as it was starting to rip. After the glue set, I added a neck ring. Her head is sooooooo blooming heavy. Her arms are fine. I'd ask Andrea for sure. That is way too much money for it to do that. I have 3 silicone toddlers by Vikki Ebbeling and none have reacted that way.
Lainey

Post by Lainey »

I had problems with both my Andy (Riley) and Jaxon (Daylon) Arcello babies. Andy has had a neck problem for quite a while as well as cracks in his legs. Since he has had these problems, I put him on a shelf lying on a blanket way up away from any furbabies and when I last checked him, his pinky had fallen off the one hand. I have tried putting it back on and just gave up and wrapped it up to get back to someday. Jaxon had a really bad problem with his neck. I felt so bad about both of them getting the boo boos.

I am protecting my Caely (Breanna Stone) and Keana (Eden Stone) and both are doing great. I will also be on guard with Everlie Brooke when she gets here. :hug:
HUGS, LAINEY
[image]11057[/image]
erin1958

Post by erin1958 »

That is just AWFUL and I'd go straight to Andrea herself!!!! Hopefully, she will stand behind her work and fix her for you, at no charge. That's sure what I'd do, if I was the Artist. That really seems scary when we all have so many silicone babies.

And Lainey, I've wondered why we don't see your boys any longer, when you used to show them so often. I'd talk to Andrea about them too. That's not right. They were so expensive. I bet she'd fix them.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!
Cheers, Erin
dollhntrjudy

Post by dollhntrjudy »

Judith, What a terrible feeling to find out that the silicone on an expensive doll is having problems! I agree with everyone who has said for you to contact the silicone artist. I hope she is able to fix your Summer for you!!!
Judith

Post by Judith »

Thank you all for your help. I contacted Andrea yesterday and now waiting for an answer.
I have a few silicone babys, but this is the first time, this happened to me.
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

Oh goodness.... was thinking about getting an Arcello...... is this a problem? Ruth
Love is not defined by what the other can give you, but who they allow you to be.
~Marilyn~

Post by ~Marilyn~ »

erin1958 wrote:That is just AWFUL and I'd go straight to Andrea herself!!!! Hopefully, she will stand behind her work and fix her for you, at no charge. That's sure what I'd do, if I was the Artist. That really seems scary when we all have so many silicone babies.

And Lainey, I've wondered why we don't see your boys any longer, when you used to show them so often. I'd talk to Andrea about them too. That's not right. They were so expensive. I bet she'd fix them.
I am thinking the same Judith.
Lainey . Andrea seemed like such a nice prison at IDEX and you are a good customer who has probably generated a lot of sales for her by showing off your many Arcello babies. I would give it a shot. It doesn't hurt to try.
Love and hugs,
~Marilyn~
Jasmin

Post by Jasmin »

I am Mommy to a Summer Arcello that I got directly from Andrea Arcello and I have had no issues with mine she is 100 % in perfect condition. I never had any issues with any Arcello baby tearing or heads falling off.
My Prince Charming Humphrey Elliott Lucas by Andrea Arcello
Judith

Post by Judith »

Does anyone have Andrea Archellos email adress?
MonikaS

Post by MonikaS »

Judith wrote:Does anyone have Andrea Archellos email adress?
She is Artist Andrea here on DF.
MonikaS