How do you go about people handling your babies?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Beachwalker Mandy

Re: How do you go about people handling your babies?

Post by Beachwalker Mandy »

bornanna wrote:Read all of these replies...and one question I have is how does everyone handle customers at a Doll Show when they are all lying on a table? I am planning on being a exhibitor at a show...I was planning on bringing a few just for touching etc...but having a sign near the "untouchables". Lol
The very best thing to do here is to make a sign (or signs) that say Please ask me for assistance if you are interested in one of my dolls or you wish to hold one. You certainly don't want people or children picking up dolls willy nilly and the best thing to do is offer to assist an interested buyer.
I totally get that a buyer who is going to spend a sizeable amount for a reborn doll will want to hold it and get a closer look at it, but you also do not want them to be grabbed up off the tables. Put more than one sign up. Say things like Please ask for assistance with my dolls before handling. Do not handle without assistance, please. I would not take offense if I saw those signs. I understand. I don't allow food and beverages in my booths when I do craft shows. Dirty hands have no business handling clean saleable items.
bornanna

Post by bornanna »

Great suggestions ladies and thank you!!!
WithloveSteph

Post by WithloveSteph »

I do not like people holding my babies unless its my mom or grandmother and they are supervised. I took a baby to show my coworkers one day ( in the beginning of my reborning days) I was so proud of him. The one lady put my baby on top of the news paper she was reading. I didn't think much of it. When I got him back, he had black in smudged on his legs and both feet. I was so upset. Not the lady's fault, she didn't know, and neither did I that that would happen. But it didn't make me feel any better. I didn't know how to fix him. So he was put away. I finally threw him away last year. So, I am very cautious what is around my babies. I don't like people with dirty hands. I am careful what I put on my babies, no dark clothing, nothing that can transfer. I would never be comfortable having strangers hold my babies after something like that happen. I would never take them out, to show off. They stay safe in my curio cabinet or in their cradles for me to admire. They are too expensive for accidents to happen.
With Love,
Stephanie
WithloveSteph

Post by WithloveSteph »

JenLee wrote:My toddler had an occupational therapist do in home services for us. She showed up the wrong day - no biggy I told her to go ahead. I had been in the middle of a photo shoot for twin reborns... She grabs one, asks if my toddler wants to play with it (who knows not to touch).. Upon seeing the toddler not wanting to play she tossed it onto the floor. I canceled her services
Oh my gosh! I would be mortified. My son has an occupational therapist come to our home too through our school system. She asked if I she could use one of my dolls to show him an activity. She wanted it roll in down a blanket onto the floor. She said, you have lots of dolls. I was like, No.
With Love,
Stephanie
JenLee

Post by JenLee »

Can you imagine if she had just helped herself? People are in awe over their realism and somehow don't realize the amount of work (and money) that goes into them... Sigh... Still mad about my tossed doll. The OT still calls asking if I want her services. No. I don't. We found somebody else