Tina Kewy apology!

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Alexandkatiesmommy_Lisa

Re: Tina Kewy and Freya kits

Post by Alexandkatiesmommy_Lisa »

The latest is that her BIL mailed it and she will get me the tracking...

NO TRACKING
pinkclove212Barb

Re: Tina Kewy on Facebook...

Post by pinkclove212Barb »

Though I have not been reborning long, I have been around long enough to read the negative posts of those waiting and waiting for either their kits or money from Kewy. I would not buy anything Kewy irregardless of who sells it - even second market. Those who continue to buy what she puts out just encourage her bad behavior. There is no reason for her to change her behavior since she knows people will still buy her stuff. The message will finally get through to her when it hits her pocket.

Her apology should have been backed by action. Along with the apology she should have started the process of refunding or sending kits or reborns promised. That would have been a step in the right direction and added weight to her sincerity. Words with no action are empty.

Barb
noniesgirl - Gina

Re: Tina Kewy apology!

Post by noniesgirl - Gina »

Goodness this is so much how Cindy Kohlscheen operated. She would sent out the occasional kit, just to keep a few people happy and supporting her and them telling everyone that THEY never had a problem with Cindy….. until it DID happen to them then they were kicking themselves for not listening to others. It took years, but finally enough people listened that when she tried a come-back under a different name, it failed and she has gone out of the kit business. Until you have your money taken and months and months go by with no kits and we get nothing but empty promises, you really can't know what the other person goes through. It isn't judging, it's knowing. Many people HAVE been screwed over by her for years. I'm all about turning the other cheek, but most people only have 4 cheeks and as for me, I ran out of cheeks long ago. I was a dealer for Gus and Ellis. Tina had my money for MONTHS before I got those kits. I'm not taking 1, 2, or even 3 here. I am talking nearly 12 MONTHS. I had thousands of dollars tied up that could have been used purchasing other kits. But instead TIna was using my money to create more kits, kits that even though they had been started AFTER Gus and Ellis, were delivered months before Gus and Ellis. Not everyone has a lot of disposable income that they can have tied up for a year. I am also all about forgiveness, but forgiveness doesn't mean those who have lost money to her should just sit back, shut up and take it. I love Tina's kits but I think from now on I will only buy when the kits are in stock with a dealer other than Tina herself.
Alexandkatiesmommy_Lisa

I am so glad you spoke up Gina.
It is important that people see that the dealers too are being played the fool and getting the excuses and avoidance tactics by Tina
It is rotten when you cant get a few measly kits you ordered but please...just imagine THOUSANDS...plus your customers getting upset that they preordered and have gotten nothing for a year!
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

LDC at DollDreams wrote:I understand your feelings, but it would be produced by our company. We would bring it out when we have the prototype done.
Nobody will have to wait or loose money.

I see on another post about a silicone baby Tina's sculpt made in to silicone. She is adorable and a lot of people love her and will buy her.

Hugs, Linda
Linda,

I don't get to buy kits as much anymore, however I can tell you this about TINA KEWY , I would never buy one of her kits again, even if YOU were producing it. It isn't the matter of waiting anymore, it is the principle or the fact that she owes so many kits and/or money to other people NOW!
Forget her silicone! Yes, you are going to have those die-hard people who think they must have her Silicone doll, personally I saw it and it had nothing that tempted me to want it at all. And as far as her kits go, someone mentioned that they all are starting to look the same, who wants Pete and Repeat over and over again. :dunno:
noniesgirl - Gina

Alexandkatiesmommy_Lisa wrote:I am so glad you spoke up Gina.
It is important that people see that the dealers too are being played the fool and getting the excuses and avoidance tactics by Tina
It is rotten when you cant get a few measly kits you ordered but please...just imagine THOUSANDS...plus your customers getting upset that they preordered and have gotten nothing for a year!
I was a dealer for FInn, simply because he was produced by Aylin in the UK. She bought the rights to have him produced and she didn't take money until the kits were on their way. Sadly, he didn't do very well because so many were/are gun shy about TIna's kits. So not only is it hard to sell kits purchased right from her, it is difficult to sell ANY of her kits. She has lost the trust of many. My life has it's up and downs also; sometimes, more downs than ups. So sometimes a few days may pass before I am able to ship out an order but I would rather roll my bare naked body across glass shards before I would take someones money and make them wait nearly a year for their items. I would not be able to sleep at night, I was sick when I had taken money for pre-orders and all that time passed. What really frosted me is that after we all had sent money for Gus and Ellis, and started the pre-orders and taken quite a few orders; then Tina is showing Freya. Next thing I know she is saying she is pushing back Gus and Ellis and releasing Freya first!!!! I asked to transfer some of the money I had sent for Gus and Ellis to Freya and was told no. When it was finally Gus and Ellis' turn and I am seeing some dealers with him, I contacted the factory directly and asked about my kits, only to be told that Tina hadn't paid for all the kits yet. I was livid but the wonderful owner of the factory kindly shipped mine to me after I showed him that I had already paid Tina in full, he even put me in contact with someone who would set me up with the items needed to assemble them.
Alexandkatiesmommy_Lisa

There are even more people posting on FB who are unhappy...I even got a message from someone in GREECE who can not get what she paid for.
Alexandkatiesmommy_Lisa

That was a shame Gina. I felt badly for the dealers that had to handle that nightmare...especially the incident with the assembly parts!! Ouch.
Alexandkatiesmommy_Lisa

pinkclove212Barb wrote:Though I have not been reborning long, I have been around long enough to read the negative posts of those waiting and waiting for either their kits or money from Kewy. I would not buy anything Kewy irregardless of who sells it - even second market. Those who continue to buy what she puts out just encourage her bad behavior. There is no reason for her to change her behavior since she knows people will still buy her stuff. The message will finally get through to her when it hits her pocket.

Her apology should have been backed by action. Along with the apology she should have started the process of refunding or sending kits or reborns promised. That would have been a step in the right direction and added weight to her sincerity. Words with no action are empty.

Barb
So true Barb.

I love dolldreams kits as well as dealing with you Linda but I am unsure. Unless she does right by everyone she owes kits or money to, I would not purchase because it is financially supporting her even if you produce the kits.
on the other hand. ..perhaps funds she acquired through sculpt sales to someone else to produce will help her to make restitution? I would probably feel differently buying a kit from someone else who produces only if she rights her wrongs.
Beth

Post by Beth »

noniesgirl - Gina wrote:Goodness this is so much how Cindy Kohlscheen operated. She would sent out the occasional kit, just to keep a few people happy and supporting her and them telling everyone that THEY never had a problem with Cindy….. until it DID happen to them then they were kicking themselves for not listening to others. It took years, but finally enough people listened that when she tried a come-back under a different name, it failed and she has gone out of the kit business. Until you have your money taken and months and months go by with no kits and we get nothing but empty promises, you really can't know what the other person goes through. It isn't judging, it's knowing. Many people HAVE been screwed over by her for years. I'm all about turning the other cheek, but most people only have 4 cheeks and as for me, I ran out of cheeks long ago. I was a dealer for Gus and Ellis. Tina had my money for MONTHS before I got those kits. I'm not taking 1, 2, or even 3 here. I am talking nearly 12 MONTHS. I had thousands of dollars tied up that could have been used purchasing other kits. But instead TIna was using my money to create more kits, kits that even though they had been started AFTER Gus and Ellis, were delivered months before Gus and Ellis. Not everyone has a lot of disposable income that they can have tied up for a year. I am also all about forgiveness, but forgiveness doesn't mean those who have lost money to her should just sit back, shut up and take it. I love Tina's kits but I think from now on I will only buy when the kits are in stock with a dealer other than Tina herself.
Yes Tina Kewy is Cindy Kohlscheen clone. Cindy is gone now but the people who helped her supported her have to live
with gray cloud over their heads.
Hugs,
Beth
lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra

Post by lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra »

I have a Tina kit I got in a trade. I would never order directly from her as I see the same story over and over again since 2007. Brenda from MacPhearson's purchased some sculpts out right and is having them produced has nothing to do with Tina so I will buy from Brenda if I like the kit.
Alexandkatiesmommy_Lisa

I agree Deb...why should someone who runs an reliable business but has bought a Tina sculpt to reproduce already, be penalized for Tinas actions. I believe Linda of Dolldreams has the same predicament. So I might consider buying from them...I actually DID get an Its A Girl from Brenda.

That being said...I would not buy kit made from a Kewy sculpt, even by another producer ...if they are bought AFTER this fiasco. That is lining Tinas pockets from the sale of the sculpt. Unless I know that Tina until makes good and sends me, and everyone else she owes merchandise to their things, I just wont and hope.everyone else will boycott her as well.
chelle77

Post by chelle77 »

Alexandkatiesmommy_Lisa wrote:I agree Deb...why should someone who runs an reliable business but has bought a Tina sculpt to reproduce already, be penalized for Tinas actions. I believe Linda of Dolldreams has the same predicament. So I might consider buying from them...I actually DID get an Its A Girl from Brenda.

That being said...I would not buy kit made from a Kewy sculpt, even by another producer ...if they are bought AFTER this fiasco. That is lining Tinas pockets from the sale of the sculpt. Unless I know that Tina until makes good and sends me, and everyone else she owes merchandise to their things, I just wont and hope.everyone else will boycott her as well.
Well said! :toast:
susan oopsydaisy

Post by susan oopsydaisy »

One way to prove sincerity of her apology....

Make all the refunds or shipments first. THEN ask for an apology or mercy. Right the wrong FIRST. Anything else is just rhetoric.
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

Alexandkatiesmommy_Lisa wrote: That being said...I would not buy kit made from a Kewy sculpt, even by another producer ...if they are bought AFTER this fiasco. That is lining Tinas pockets from the sale of the sculpt. Unless I know that Tina until makes good and sends me, and everyone else she owes merchandise to their things, I just wont and hope.everyone else will boycott her as well.
I totally agree with this statement. I have a couple of ooaks by Tina that I paid alot of money for. I don\t even enjoy them anymore after what I went through to get them. I would love to sell but doubt there would be any interest in them now. I also will not support anyone who uses one of Tina's sculpts to reproduce a baby in another medium because like you stated, that is only lining Tina's pockets.
Hugs,
Nadia

lifesabeachbabyKim

Post by lifesabeachbabyKim »

grandmasheryl wrote:to those who want to bring G-d and the bible in how about one of the ten commandments?

thou shall not steal
Exactly! Leave God and the bible out of this. Tina didn't steal from God after all, she stole from flesh and blood people who trusted her!!
noniesgirl - Gina

lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra wrote:I have a Tina kit I got in a trade. I would never order directly from her as I see the same story over and over again since 2007. Brenda from MacPhearson's purchased some sculpts out right and is having them produced has nothing to do with Tina so I will buy from Brenda if I like the kit.
Yep, Brenda purchased those sculpts several years ago if I remember correctly. THOSE I would buy because they have been bought so long ago.
Beth

Post by Beth »

There are so many sculptors now that go above and beyond that are just as good if not better than Tina. So I'll just stick
to the honest ones that don't come with this kind of history. That way I know I'll get what I bought in return with
no worries.
Hugs,
Beth
Court_LLRN

Post by Court_LLRN »

Glad to hear more and more people coming forward. :?
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations
NinasPlayground

Post by NinasPlayground »

Alexandkatiesmommy_Lisa wrote:Thanks Chelle

I am very curious to find a direct from Tina customer with experiences of prompt communication and shipping and not a single excuse regarding anything related to the transaction.

I pre-ordered Gus directly from her. After a really long wait with lots of excuses I asked her for my deposit back. She actually responded right away and allowed me my deposit back. I was very surprised because I know her history, but did not know about it before ordering Gus. I will never preorder from her or a dealer ever again. If I ever get any kit by her it will be on the secondary market.