Anyone have some crappy blonde mohair to donate to the cause

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
karenwhitmore

Anyone have some crappy blonde mohair to donate to the cause

Post by karenwhitmore »

Remember the customer who threatened to sue me? She wanted her deposit back even though she knowingly entered into the contract as nonrefundable? I did tell her that I would send her her supplies just to shut her up so I am going too. I know I don't owe it to her. But for some reason, I just feel like I will get more satisfaction out of the situation by sending her SOME supplies. Some of them! LOL. Enough to make her think "darn, I wish I'd have finished this baby" I'm sending her the kit, eyes, & body. I want to send a crappy batch of blonde mohair but I don't have any! I'm talking about the stuff that is so bad you would never actually use it on a doll. If anybody has some blonde mohair that you would be willing to mail to me so that I can put it in her box of crap, I would greatly appreciate it. I'll pay postage. Just pm me. Thanks so much! I greatly appreciate it!

And p.s.- I know some of you will want to yell at me for sending her anything, but, I have no desire to make this doll anymore and I just want it gone! If any of you get approached to make a baby named Amy by Sandy Faber from this lady Michelle Cord in Ohio, just beware and know that it is her!
GoddessKelly28

Re: Anyone have some crappy blonde mohair to donate to the c

Post by GoddessKelly28 »

Can you just send some yellow yarn ...or maybe some hay ?? The dollar store has some fake hair extensions for little girls !! :heart: :heart: :heart:
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Karen, NO! Don't send her anything. That doll kit, eyes, the whole bunch is worth money. If you don't want to see the kit anymore sell it here to one of your DF friends who would love to have it. But just stop communicating with this loony lady. Don't read her emails, don't send her emails. Just let her disappear and go away. She will get tired of the drama with you and move onto someone else. She doesn't deserve anything at all from you. You didn't do anything wrong. If you don't send her anything at all and stop the back-and-forth with her she will just get bored with you. If she does decide to go to small claims she doesn't have a leg to stand on and she will just be left looking foolish. Some people just get their giggles getting into dramas like this. I know because I once had a roommate who loved to do this type of stuff. Don't give in to her. Just let her drop off the edge of your world. She doesn't exist anymore. She will only keep stirring this up with you if you keep playing. STOP, NOW!!
karenwhitmore

Post by karenwhitmore »

GoddessKelly28 wrote:Can you just send some yellow yarn ...or maybe some hay ?? The dollar store has some fake hair extensions for little girls !! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Lol. I'm having second thoughts already of sending her anything. She emailed me again today though wondering when I am going to send her package. I'm thinking of just trading the kit. Anyone want Amy Faber? Lol. I don't know what to do!

And I have not answered her!
GoddessKelly28

Post by GoddessKelly28 »

I would not send her anything....donate or sell the supplies . Don't give her the satisfaction . Put it behind you and move on !!!
karenwhitmore

Post by karenwhitmore »

Brooke wrote:Karen, NO! Don't send her anything. That doll kit, eyes, the whole bunch is worth money. If you don't want to see the kit anymore sell it here to one of your DF friends who would love to have it. But just stop communicating with this loony lady. Don't read her emails, don't send her emails. Just let her disappear and go away. She will get tired of the drama with you and move onto someone else. She doesn't deserve anything at all from you. You didn't do anything wrong. If you don't send her anything at all and stop the back-and-forth with her she will just get bored with you. If she does decide to go to small claims she doesn't have a leg to stand on and she will just be left looking foolish. Some people just get their giggles getting into dramas like this. I know because I once had a roommate who loved to do this type of stuff. Don't give in to her. Just let her drop off the edge of your world. She doesn't exist anymore. She will only keep stirring this up with you if you keep playing. STOP, NOW!!

Brooke she paid me a fat deposit. I charged $850 for the doll and asked for a deposit of $425 which is what she paid. Even though she has screwed me around like she has, I had not started her doll yet, and she will not leave me alone. I don't know what to do. The 45 day time has passed on Paypal. But I'm not sure I'm clear even with them? She paid the deposit January 10th. But I went back and looked at the invoice and I DID NOT list it as non-refundable. I listed it as a deposit for a reborn doll with a remaining balance owed of $425. That's why I'm worried and she's asking for the supplies. I have not been going back and forth with her. I'm just stuck as to what to do. She DID pay for the supplies. My policy is that custom order deposits are non-refundable. But I don't know how crazy this witch really is and she's threatening to sue me. Help!

And my lawyer told me to box the stuff up, send it to her, and I should never hear from her again.
KaylasKissableDarlings

Post by KaylasKissableDarlings »

I think I have some bad blonde mohair if you want some!!!
erin1958

Post by erin1958 »

I'm changing my mind after reading your reply to Brooke. I didn't realize she had paid you $425. as a deposit. And if you didn't state it was non-refundable, I suppose that changes things. I think you maybe should send the supplies but with NO correspondence from that day forward. I'd do nothing else.
Last edited by erin1958 on Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!
Cheers, Erin
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

Karen, are you serious?
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
tinytoes

Post by tinytoes »

i would send her the supplies. I understand the deposit is nonrefundable, and I completely understand where you are coming from and how frustrating it is dealing with this sort of thing, but it will look better for you if you give her "something" in exchange for her money. For a $425 deposit, I think she should get the supplies she paid for, even if she didn't comply with the agreement of the 2nd payment and finishing the doll. If you keep the deposit, plus the supplies, it seems like it might be "unjust enrichment"

edited to add: This is not intended as legal advice, just some info I found on the internet that may be helpful.

In law, unjust enrichment is where one person is unjustly or by chance enriched at the expense of another, and an obligation to make restitution arises, regardless of liability for wrongdoing. A common example is when a party contracts to provide a service, but the contract is terminated prematurely due to a breach, and the contractor unjustly receives no compensation for partial services rendered.

Liability under the principle of unjust enrichment is wholly independent of liability for wrongdoing. Claims in unjust enrichment do not depend upon proof of any wrong. However, it is possible that on a single set of facts a claim based on unjust enrichment and a claim based on a wrong may both be available. A claim based on unjust enrichment always results in an obligation to make restitution. A claim based on a wrong always results in an obligation to make compensation but may additionally result in an obligation to make restitution. For discussion of restitution for wrongs, see the page on restitution.

At common law, a claim based on unjust enrichment can be submitted to five stages of analysis. These can be summarized in the form of the following questions:

Was the defendant enriched?
Was the enrichment at the expense of the claimant?
Was the enrichment unjust?
Does the defendant have a defense?
What remedies are available to the claimant?
Last edited by tinytoes on Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
karenwhitmore

Post by karenwhitmore »

erin1958 wrote:I'm changing my mind after reading your reply to Brooke. I didn't realize she had paid you $425. as a deposit. And if you didn't state it was non-refundable, I suppose that changes things. I think you maybe should send the supplies but with NO correspondence from that day forward. I'd do nothing else.

It's all over my website that it's non refundable. She knew that. But I forgot to put it on the PayPal invoice. But it's been well over 45 days.
Mrs.B

Post by Mrs.B »

karenwhitmore wrote:Remember the customer who threatened to sue me? She wanted her deposit back even though she knowingly entered into the contract as nonrefundable? I did tell her that I would send her her supplies just to shut her up so I am going too. I know I don't owe it to her. But for some reason, I just feel like I will get more satisfaction out of the situation by sending her SOME supplies. Some of them! LOL. Enough to make her think "darn, I wish I'd have finished this baby" I'm sending her the kit, eyes, & body. I want to send a crappy batch of blonde mohair but I don't have any! I'm talking about the stuff that is so bad you would never actually use it on a doll. If anybody has some blonde mohair that you would be willing to mail to me so that I can put it in her box of crap, I would greatly appreciate it. I'll pay postage. Just pm me. Thanks so much! I greatly appreciate it!

And p.s.- I know some of you will want to yell at me for sending her anything, but, I have no desire to make this doll anymore and I just want it gone! If any of you get approached to make a baby named Amy by Sandy Faber from this lady Michelle Cord in Ohio, just beware and know that it is her!
:moon: You crack me up!
karenwhitmore

Post by karenwhitmore »

tinytoes wrote:i would send her the supplies. I understand the deposit is nonrefundable, and I completely understand where you are coming from and how frustrating it is dealing with this sort of thing, but it will look better for you if you give her "something" in exchange for her money. For a $425 deposit, I think she should get the supplies she paid for, even if she didn't comply with the agreement of the 2nd payment and finishing the doll. If you keep the deposit, plus the supplies, it seems like it might be "unjust enrichment"

edited to add: This is not intended as legal advice, just some info I found on the internet that may be helpful.

In law, unjust enrichment is where one person is unjustly or by chance enriched at the expense of another, and an obligation to make restitution arises, regardless of liability for wrongdoing. A common example is when a party contracts to provide a service, but the contract is terminated prematurely due to a breach, and the contractor unjustly receives no compensation for partial services rendered.

Liability under the principle of unjust enrichment is wholly independent of liability for wrongdoing. Claims in unjust enrichment do not depend upon proof of any wrong. However, it is possible that on a single set of facts a claim based on unjust enrichment and a claim based on a wrong may both be available. A claim based on unjust enrichment always results in an obligation to make restitution. A claim based on a wrong always results in an obligation to make compensation but may additionally result in an obligation to make restitution. For discussion of restitution for wrongs, see the page on restitution.

At common law, a claim based on unjust enrichment can be submitted to five stages of analysis. These can be summarized in the form of the following questions:

Was the defendant enriched?
Was the enrichment at the expense of the claimant?
Was the enrichment unjust?
Does the defendant have a defense?
What remedies are available to the claimant?

I have still been offering to uphold my end and make the doll for her. SHE is the one who went and bought a doll from another artist AFTER hiring me and then decided she doesn't want this doll.
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

If your lawyer says send the supplies..... send them. However, I wouldn't purposely send her junk stuff....you are better than that..... Then forget about it. Ruth
Love is not defined by what the other can give you, but who they allow you to be.
Barbwired

Post by Barbwired »

Quietly center yourself away from any distractions, and think about what is the right thing to do. Separate yourself from the feelings of anger and hostility, how you've been dealt with by someone who doesn't work the way you do and ask yourself how you would feel, mistakes you have made that might be similar. With fairness, compassion and inner wisdom, you can respond to this situation in a way that doesn't create more confusion or hate or anger.
Beachwalker Mandy

Post by Beachwalker Mandy »

cookielover wrote:If your lawyer says send the supplies..... send them. However, I wouldn't purposely send her junk stuff....you are better than that..... Then forget about it. Ruth
I agree here. Even if you leave out the mohair, its just better than making matters worse.
Barbwired

Post by Barbwired »

There is a difference between being "in the right" and doing the right thing.
karenwhitmore

Post by karenwhitmore »

Yes. It's been a few hours since I posted this. I've did my grocery shopping and had time to think. I am going to pack up the real items....clothes, blankets, Paci's etc.....the cute stuff I had bought for this baby, and I'm taking pictures of it all and then sending it to her. Signature required and proof of delivery. God I want to send it COD so bad I can't stand it! Lol. I am sending mohair but it's not the mohair I would have chosen but, who knows. She may like it. I'm not going to worry about that at this point since I am no longer under obligation to ask her opinion on the exact color, texture, or type of mohair. She can figure that out for herself. Not my problem anymore. I am washing my hands of this. I'm not worrying about it anymore. And good riddance! If she wants to sue me after all this then go for it. :dunno:
Barbwired

Post by Barbwired »

Good for you! You'll never regret doing the right, kind, thing.
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

After reading about the deposit I have to agree that you should send her something. Is she willing to take the supplies? Has she actually said she will back off if she gets them? If I were you I would get something in writing that in exchange for the supplies she will agree to end this. Even if it is just an email. But somehow she has to say she will accept the supplies in lieu of the monetary settlement. Then send them, and forget about her. Hey, we all eventually wake up from our nightmares, right?