eBay sellers: opinions on invoices?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.

Sending Invoices

As a seller-I prefer NOT to send an invoice
9%
As a seller-I prefer to send an invoice at the auction/listing end
23%
As a seller-I prefer to send an invoice if payment hasn't been received within a set number of days
30%
As a buyer-I prefer to receive an invoice
33%
As a buyer-I prefer NOT to receive an invoice
5%
OTHER
No votes

Total votes: 43

Kimiko_binglesbanglesbabies

eBay sellers: opinions on invoices?

Post by Kimiko_binglesbanglesbabies »

Just wondering what everyone's opinions on sending invoices are, since I notice here lately you get a semi-nasty (ok, maybe it only sounds that way to me?) notice from eBay stating
eBay has sent an End of Auction/Transaction notice to your buyer so they can pay you quickly.

If the shipping costs, taxes, or discounts shown on that notice need to be updated, you can send an invoice below.

Review the status of your listings and payments in My eBay.
Almost as if they prefer you DON'T send one out.
However, I have noticed as a seller that some buyers won't/don't pay until that invoice is sent out :dunno:
So what's your opinion, to send or not to send?

And buyers-weigh in too!
www.binglesbanglesbabies.etsy.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDktCXp ... dex=5&t=0s
EmilyJ

Re: eBay sellers: opinions on invoices?

Post by EmilyJ »

Ebay automatically sends an invoice to the winner, so I only send an invoice manually if it has been at least 3 days and I haven't heard from the winner. Or if they request one for combined shipping reasons.
:heart: Lilliana reborn by Daria Makarenkova :heart:
Lilliana doll kits are available to purchase now!

http://www.babiesbyemily.com/
http://www.facebook.com/babiesbyemily
GailCarey

Post by GailCarey »

from the survey results it would appear that buyers like to receive an invoice. I have Ebay do mine automatically.
BBStudio_Mel

Post by BBStudio_Mel »

EmilyLauren wrote:Ebay automatically sends an invoice to the winner, so I only send an invoice manually if it has been at least 3 days and I haven't heard from the winner. Or if they request one for combined shipping reasons.
Same here.
jenlovesdolls

Post by jenlovesdolls »

As a seller, I send one at the end of auction and each day payment is not received. My auction terms state that payment is expected within 24 hours of auction end unless other arrangements are made BEFORE bidding.
I file a NPB after 3 days if payment isn't received or communication not made, I will message them a day before I send a NPB to give them a chance to respond or pay. I have too many NPB's and I need that money. The sooner I can ship things out and the person get their items the sooner I can transfer that money out of paypal (I don't take the money out until the leave feedback or have had the item a week)
Granted, the buyer requirements I have set alleviate a lot of NPB's but some still get through. I just noticed you can look and see how many bidders have tried to bid on your auctions that ebay blocked according to your requirements and it was eye opening how many people that live in countries I don't ship to, have no paypal, or lots of strikes against them try to bid on my items. So in the long run those buyer requirements we set do save us a lot of headaches!
As a buyer, I don't mind getting invoices, I just delete them because I pay right away anyway.
BrandyBeayon

Post by BrandyBeayon »

I always sell one as soon as my ending ends, I like to add a little personal thank you and make sure they have no questions before making payment.. I do not think I have annoyed anyone yet, I just like to touch base personally to the buyer

Thank you so much everyone for responding!
And Jen, please share how you found out how many people have attempted to bid, I would be VERY interested in looking that up in my auctions too!
Suebee_Lullaby Lane

Post by Suebee_Lullaby Lane »

Kimiko_binglesbanglesbabies wrote:Thank you so much everyone for responding!
And Jen, please share how you found out how many people have attempted to bid, I would be VERY interested in looking that up in my auctions too!
I didn't know this information was available either! Please share how to find that info Jen. :foryou:
jenlovesdolls

Post by jenlovesdolls »

Suebee_Lullaby Lane wrote:
I didn't know this information was available either! Please share how to find that info Jen. :foryou:
It is amazing the things you stumble on when searching the ebay discussion forums for imformation!

Click on my ebay on the main page
click the account tab
click site preferences
Where it says buyer requirements click on show over to the right, that will expand it, it will show your current buyer requirements over to the right, under that in the same box to the left it will say:
"buyer requirements activity log" click on that and viola :)
Here is a picture of what mine looks like right before I click on the buyer requirement activity log (you will have to click it to enlarge it):

It only saves them for 60 days and if you have no buying requirements set there will be nothing there. Here is a picture of part of the first page on mine:

Suebee_Lullaby Lane

Post by Suebee_Lullaby Lane »

Wow Jen! Thanks so much!! I just checked mine and I have had 6 different 0 feedback bidders try to bid on my Lillian that is currently at auction. The fact that they didn't have feedback didn't keep them from bidding but they ALSO don't have a PayPal account. Make sure to always mark that as a bidder requirement ladies-that the bidder MUST have a PayPal account. I think it has helped me with NPB issues. I figure that if they don't have a PayPal account how do they expect to pay me?

Wow yes Jen, thank you! I was just looking at mine-and all of my bidders on that list have been ones with no paypal account, and some with 0 feedback! Good grief I'm glad I've set those buyer requirements to block those bidders :toast: