SHE WILL HAVE NEW HAIR SOON TYVM- poor reborn baby :(

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Angelicabeb

Re: Please help me help this poor reborn baby :(

Post by Angelicabeb »

robincarrol wrote:If you don't get anywhere with the seller let me know. I will root and seal her for you at no charge.

Here are pics of my work. A thought just went through my head... are you sure she is vinyl or is she silicone? She looks like a Malloy baby. Either way I can fix her for you. If she is solid silicone you just don't seal her but use a different needle to root the hair deeper.

Thank you RobinCarrol.
I really appreciate your offer very much! :foryou:
Your rooting is beautiful :wink:
Thank you,
Angelica

Angelicabeb

Post by Angelicabeb »

lifesabeachbabyKim wrote:Aww that was nice of you Robin, I was going to offer too but Robin beat me to it. Nice rooting!
Thank you Kim .

You ladies are amazing!!!!!! :foryou:
Thank you,
Angelica

Royal Ascot Reborns Caz

Post by Royal Ascot Reborns Caz »

It's possible that the hair wasn't the best quality, & rubbed in transit? Looks like it's broken off there in the pics. No reason why you couldn't have just that patch re rooted & get the person to seal all over inside again just to be safe. But I would handle that head real carefully if the hair is a bit brittle now maybe!
On the other hand, that issue warrants a return if you preferred that option.
Elisabettas Babies

Post by Elisabettas Babies »

I will go out on a limb and say that if the hair is mohair, I've seen similar damage done by... MOTHS!
robincarrol

Post by robincarrol »

I have too. Moths lay their eggs on the mohair and when they hatch they have a nice head of food. My best friend's doll went from a beautiful head of hair to a completely bald head! :shock: I always suggest to my buyers to buy a bootle of lavender water. You can get it at walmart in the makeup and body spray section.
marilyn

Post by marilyn »

lifesabeachbabyKim wrote:I really don't think it is fair to you to have to put out more money on fixing her when the seller didn't disclose this info about her missing hair. Maybe she needs to accept a return or maybe help pay for the repair cause that isn't fair to you especially since she is not willing to repair her for you.
Brendas Babies

Post by Brendas Babies »

I could also help you with rooting but first I would try to get her to give a partial refund and if she will not then I would file a claim with Ebay as she is not as she was represented.
Sweet Quinny by Nikki!
Cassiescloset

Post by Cassiescloset »

lifesabeachbabyKim wrote:I really don't think it is fair to you to have to put out more money on fixing her when the seller didn't disclose this info about her missing hair. Maybe she needs to accept a return or maybe help pay for the repair cause that isn't fair to you especially since she is not willing to repair her for you.
I agree with Kim.I would ask for a partial refund to pay to fix her hair.She's adorable!!
What a group of sweet ladies offering to help.You ladies are awesome :heart:
Qhloe

Post by Qhloe »

I agree. You poor dear, I'm so sorry. :( She's a very beautiful Addison either way. There are talented people on here who can fix it, but I do agree that the seller should help pay for the repair. Is there any chance the box was opened before you received it? I can't imagine that the seller really didn't know about this, unless (somehow?) it happened in transit.
Angelicabeb

Post by Angelicabeb »

Thank you so much ladies for all of your suggestions, sympathy, and caring gestures!
Doll-fan ladies ROCK!!
You have all been most I love bigger babies!
Is she solid or hollowed out silicone?
Does she have any boo-boos that you helpful :foryou: :heart: :hug:

Baby Molloy is on her way to the beauty salon for a hair treatment. She is getting a makeover :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A wonderful lady as offered to repair her for me.
I will post pictures as soon as she is returned to me :foryou:
Thank you again for your help.
Thank you,
Angelica

JenLee

Re: SHE WILL HAVE NEW HAIR SOON TYVM- poor reborn baby :(

Post by JenLee »

Robin that is amazing of you. I'm just sitting here thinking of moths eating my dolly hair though :shock: I can't imagine..
Inspired_Rebecca

Post by Inspired_Rebecca »

JenLee wrote:Robin that is amazing of you. I'm just sitting here thinking of moths eating my dolly hair though :shock: I can't imagine..
I agree, very nice Robin :)

Moths! Wow! I had no idea they'd do that. I've got to go check under my babies hats now! Maybe it's a good thing I prefer baldies :)
Rebecca
jacque123

Post by jacque123 »

I have a doll (Sarah by Kim Van de Wetering) that my hubby paid $5,400.00 on EBay about 8 years ago. She just gets changed, maybe, once a year if that. She just lays in the crib waiting for attention. But, I'm way too busy making dolls for other people and for the two upcoming doll shows this June 2014. I picked her up the other day and her hair in the back looked just like your baby's bald spots. I was shocked to say the least. So, I took her head off (OFF WITH HER HEAD!) and shipped her head out to have the hair filled in.....

I hope that you can get this problem solved. It's as if bugs are eating their hair or something. Unless, bad mohair was used in the first place. Looks like it was just breaking off over time. I know my dolls don't move their heads around??? like a real baby to make their hair come off of their heads.... Had same thing happen to another doll that I own only that head happened much quicker so I had her re-rooted year's ago and she is fine.
tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

I think it looks like Moths too...............If you have any mohair babies...........better check them.............I have seen this before...............Hope you get her some new hair............she is a cutie............Hugs, Kathy
BonnieKephartrootsheads

Post by BonnieKephartrootsheads »

I have seen this to, you must make sure none of your blankets, hats etc. are not wool, moths will be attracted to these and then the mohair
anjsmiles Angie

Post by anjsmiles Angie »

robincarrol wrote:I have too. Moths lay their eggs on the mohair and when they hatch they have a nice head of food. My best friend's doll went from a beautiful head of hair to a completely bald head! :shock: I always suggest to my buyers to buy a bootle of lavender water. You can get it at walmart in the makeup and body spray section.
So does lavender keep moths away? I never knew that!
lifesabeachbabyKim

Post by lifesabeachbabyKim »

Yes! I need to know this. That would explain where the eyelashes went on the doll I gave away recently and why her hair was breaking offfalling out. I didn't know moths could do that but I have seen we have moth flying around occasionally, like maybe once or twice a year and I don't want them to eat my mohair.(I have some really awesome mohair waiting to be used on babies) So lavender gets rid of them? What about using some cedar balls? I am afraid to use mothballs cause I don't think my customers wound like a baby that smelled of mothballs.
robincarrol

Post by robincarrol »

All you have to do is use lavender spray. Comb the head and spray the hair and head and comb. You can buy it at walmart in the body spray section. Beauty department. :) Ever since I found that out I spray all my baby heads. When I redid my friends silicone she started laying sprigs of floral lavender around her babies and never had a problem after that.
Elisabettas Babies

Post by Elisabettas Babies »

jacque123 wrote:I have a doll (Sarah by Kim Van de Wetering) that my hubby paid $5,400.00 on EBay about 8 years ago. She just gets changed, maybe, once a year if that. She just lays in the crib waiting for attention. But, I'm way too busy making dolls for other people and for the two upcoming doll shows this June 2014. I picked her up the other day and her hair in the back looked just like your baby's bald spots. I was shocked to say the least. So, I took her head off (OFF WITH HER HEAD!) and shipped her head out to have the hair filled in.....

I hope that you can get this problem solved. It's as if bugs are eating their hair or something. Unless, bad mohair was used in the first place. Looks like it was just breaking off over time. I know my dolls don't move their heads around??? like a real baby to make their hair come off of their heads.... Had same thing happen to another doll that I own only that head happened much quicker so I had her re-rooted year's ago and she is fine.
It happened to me when I took a baby I seldom touched if at all out of her shelf. Her head was laying against a cotton bumper and had a bald spot in the back... Ihave no clue if it was moths or simply micro rubbing for a year (you know, when the shelf gets touched or moved... thank goodness it's in the lower back of the head and doesn't show.