My New reborn baby boy with sparse hair rooted over painted

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
MonicaW

My New reborn baby boy with sparse hair rooted over painted

Post by MonicaW »

Hi everyone. Alot of you will remember since I have been on doll-fan for 15 years. I haven't been on it lately. As many of you know my husband on Oct 4 2013 had a heart attack at 39 years of age. And a triple by-pass. There were many complications and he was in the ICU for weeks and in and out of the hospital. Since he is self employed I sold alot of my silicone, resin and reborn dolls to help pay bills. It was harder than I thought but of course glad I did it. My husband has been struggling but is now back to work slowly with a helper to do the hard work.

It has been a difficult time my father passed on Jan 15 2013 (my husband's birthday) and I thought I was going to lose my husband same year as my father.

I have a beautiful 7 year old daughter.

My Mother was living us. She just recently passed away in our home. Things have been beyond difficult. So my husband bought me this reborn for my birthday, mother's day, wedding anniversary. He is not an expensive reborn. But he is beautiful.
I AM AMAZED at how she sparsely rooted the hair over the painted hair. He has the most realistic hair I have ever seen on a doll!!!!! I would love to see photos of anyone else that has a reborn doll that has painted hair and then hair rooted over it. This technic is incredible. Love to hear about it.

The first 2 photos I took of my sweet baby boy Christian. I called him Christian to remind myself during this holy week to have faith.

The 2nd 2 photos she took of the painted hair and then after she sparsely rooted on top.

Tracy Lorraine

Re: My New reborn baby boy with sparse hair rooted over pain

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

HI Monica! It's good to hear from you. I'm sorry for your exceedingly difficult time with sickness & death of your close family members. Your new baby is precious...your hubby did well! :hug:
Tina

Post by Tina »

I am so pleased to hear about your husband being a lot better, but sad of course to hear about your mother.
What a beautiful new baby you have, many congratulations, and may things continue to improve for you all. x
Suebee_Lullaby Lane

Post by Suebee_Lullaby Lane »

Oh my goodness Monica! You HAVE had a terrible year but it does sound like things are slowly getting back on the right track. Your new baby is darling and the hair is perfection! Congratulations on your new adoption-you so deserve a wonderful baby to love on.
Pat in Alabama

Post by Pat in Alabama »

Monica, I am so sorry to hear about all your family has been going through. I love your new little guy. His hair is amazing. So glad that you have him to cuddle during this time. Thank you for sharing him. It is wonderful to see you posting again.
Wishing you a blessed day.
Sandis Doll House

Post by Sandis Doll House »

Good to see you posting Monica. Sorry for all of the hard things you've been through. It's amazing what we can endure at times. I love your baby...'specially the hair.
Angelicabeb

Post by Angelicabeb »

Nice to see you posting again Monica :foryou:
I am so sorry to hear all that your family has been thru in the past yr. :hug: SO happy that your hubby is doing so much better.
Your baby is adorable and his hair is amazingly realistic :heart:
Thank you,
Angelica

Mikki

Post by Mikki »

Sounds like you really needed this beautiful baby at this point in time.
Sorry to hear about your losses
Glad your Husband is on the mend.
Things will get better
Take care and God Bless

Mikki
Realborn Jaxon

Mikki W
LindaBforbabies

Post by LindaBforbabies »

Hi Monica, so nice to see you here. I am so sorry to hear about your Mom passing. It has been a really rough
year for you that's for sure. I am very happy to hear Shane is getting better and stronger. Little Veronica is
just the sweetest little girl...I got to see pictures of her on Facebook from time to time.
I love your new little baby..he is darling. I am so happy you are getting this little Guy...Babies always
seem to lighten the load a bit. Enjoy him...and I love his name. I will continue to pray for you and
your family. Monica this is not my picture...but this little girl use to be my baby.
She has painted hair and then I got her rooted hair on top...I just loved it...

Hugs Linda
Last edited by LindaBforbabies on Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
karenwhitmore

Post by karenwhitmore »

He's precious and I do love his hair! Glad you're back and sorry for your losses. :heart:
tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

Monica, I am so sorry about your Mom and Dad, you have really gone through some rough times............Glad to hear your husband is doing better and what a sweetheart to get you this beautiful boy............I love the way his hair is done.............I am praying for you and sending you lots of hugs............Kathy
MonicaW

Post by MonicaW »

Thanks so much Ladies! It is nice to have a doll that doesn't cost so much I find myself playing with him more and not worrying. She is a reborn artist who is not been around long. So good prices. She goes all out. hand makes outfits for them etc.

Hubby surprised me with another one from this artist that was even less expensive. He is a cutie!
anjsmiles Angie

Post by anjsmiles Angie »

Your baby is lovely! I am also sorry to hear about your losses and glad that your hubby is doing better and to see you back. Enjoy your new baby!