WOW... Burn victim reborn on ebay

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
lifesabeachbabyKim

Re: WOW... Burn victim reborn on ebay

Post by lifesabeachbabyKim »

No, no no. this is a chocolate covered reborn for Easter!

Just kidding. Don't kill me. ;) I saw this before and we were talking about this on DD. She is just a kid. Like only 15. She says she has been reborning for 3 years but something tells me she is newer at it. Gotta give her props for trying tho. AA is not an easy skintone to master and I think this was her first doll or one of her firsts.
JenLee

Post by JenLee »

I don't judge painting. If it's not of my taste I just turn around. But selling a badly burnt one missing fingers?
Sally - USA

Post by Sally - USA »

Just a young gal. Well, good for her for trying and also for having the confidence to put it on Ebay!
Kims Reflections

Post by Kims Reflections »

Imagine my surprise and shock when I seen the title. I was reluctant to look because of that.
I'm glad I did!!! This baby does not look like a burn victim/survivor at all. It's a AA baby that a young girl painted. She done better than I could!!! I can't paint a AA baby at all!!! That being said, the ladies that have been here for years know my son is a burn survivor, I've seen it all and this baby does not look like it's been burned.
Just saying :wink:
HushabyeMargie

Post by HushabyeMargie »

I reported the auction. 15-yr-olds are not allowed to sell on Ebay.

In a bad mood and sick of all this bending of rules. The doll is horrible and an adult should have told her so.
Blessings!
Margie
Hushabye Babies
Snugglebug Nursery

Post by Snugglebug Nursery »

Thank goodness all of our very first reborns turned out PERFECTLY! How dare a young girl make an effort to do something creative! She ought to be out getting pregnant and using meth like other girls her age. *sigh*
preciouslittlebabiesrachel

Post by preciouslittlebabiesrachel »

Snugglebug Nursery wrote:Thank goodness all of our very first reborns turned out PERFECTLY! How dare a young girl make an effort to do something creative! She ought to be out getting pregnant and using meth like other girls her age. *sigh*
:lol: :lol: :lol:

This doll is in a bad state, melted and it looks like the vinyl has split too, however she shows all of this very clearly in the auction which is exactly what she needed to do so well done to her for that!
GailCarey

Post by GailCarey »

guess we all gotta start somewhere. :shock:
HushabyeMargie

Post by HushabyeMargie »

When we are of legal age to enter into a contract.
Blessings!
Margie
Hushabye Babies
chelle77

Post by chelle77 »

Everything wrong with the doll has been disclosed,it seems. Starting bid is just 99 cents.
Lots better than some that start them high and do not tell about the faults I suppose... 8)
Elisabettas Babies

Post by Elisabettas Babies »

Snugglebug Nursery wrote:Thank goodness all of our very first reborns turned out PERFECTLY! How dare a young girl make an effort to do something creative! She ought to be out getting pregnant and using meth like other girls her age. *sigh*
At 15 whoever cares for her should have the gall to tell her straight that she can apply herself and do better than this. After all now there are tons of free tutorials on Youtube about reborning. It's a shame that our children have to think anything they do is awesome just because nobody has the courage to tell them they can do better. By the way my first reborn was a hot mess (still the times of wigs, berenguers, purple paint inside) and no way I would have put it on ebay.
JenLee

Post by JenLee »

I really wasn't trying to offend anybody, I hope your son is okay. I wasn't trying to bully or act better than this artist :foryou: but I was baffled when I saw the melt spots and missing fingers. I do give her props for giving an effort and putting herself out there. But there are "boo boo" dolls and dolls missing digits because they are in the bottom of her oven.. I just feel there is a point where I've messed up a dolly so much I wouldn't want to sell it. Just wanted to share my latest ebay find
JenLee

Post by JenLee »

And by burn victim, I wasn't saying the "skin"/paint. Just that it had actually been burnt. I've luckily never burnt a doll * knocks on wood while a LE kit is in the oven*
tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

I too think it looks like a chocolate covered baby with a chunk bitten out of it's finger..............If my daughter had done this I would tell her..................Kids need to learn that it may take lots of practice to get something good or to be better.............She will get the hang of things in time..............but I would definitely not let her put this on Ebay......Hugs, Kathy