What is a Reasonable time for Pre-Orders?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
kristi

What is a Reasonable time for Pre-Orders?

Post by kristi »

Just curious if you have an opinion on this? Some dealers are excellent at communicating status of pre-orders- others not so much- so far the longest I have waited is nearly 6 months- I think that is too long- and now this dealer can't even find my pre-order- so I have to email my paypal transaction- just a bit annoying. :( I understand if there is a problem in the manufacturing- but all I am looking for is some communication.
Last edited by kristi on Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
LHargreaves

Re: What is a Reasonable time for Pre-Orders?

Post by LHargreaves »

I hate being hung out there! I have waited so long at times that I forget that I ordered them
nanas newborns

Post by nanas newborns »

I agree they should not be offered as preorders so far in advance of their release, don't understand that!! Many times before you get the kit, many other cute ones have come out and you don't even want the one you ordered anymore. I have been waiting for Angelina Musgrove for a very long time now!! :x
kristi

Post by kristi »

I won't be pre-ordering from this dealer again- just kinda turned off.
LHargreaves

Post by LHargreaves »

nanas newborns wrote:I agree they should not be offered as preorders so far in advance of their release, don't understand that!! Many times before you get the kit, many other cute ones have come out and you don't even want the one you ordered anymore. I have been waiting for Angelina Musgrove for a very long time now!! :x

Me too.....I don't even want her at this point.
chelle77

Post by chelle77 »

I have preordered a Huggy Bear restock on Jan 29th. I do not want him at this point.... :x
Royal Ascot Reborns Caz

Post by Royal Ascot Reborns Caz »

I'm fine with waiting 3, or 4 months even. Over 6 months I start thinking it's taking the michael a bit.
HillaryB

Post by HillaryB »

I would say 3 or 4 months, 6 would be ok with good communication- and if there was a problem in the factory, etc. But going months and months with no word would not be ok!
Hillary, reborn artist & collector
Momma to Laila, Jaylee, and Evy
Elisabettas Babies

Post by Elisabettas Babies »

That's the reason why I don't do preorders. I tend to forget and am hit by a bill when I least expect it. ;)
christineskeepsakebabies

Post by christineskeepsakebabies »

I "pre-ordered" an OUT OF STOCK (so technically not a real pre-order) adrie stoete kit almost 12 months ago from someone and after many emails and them not getting back to me about returning my $20.00 I ended up giving up,but i'm never ordering anything from them again ;-( . I ordered it back in mid May 2013
tixiepixi_linda

Post by tixiepixi_linda »

I waited a looong time for Bella Arcello....but she was worth it :heart:
x Hugs x
Linda

Madison by Andrea Arcello
JaNan

Post by JaNan »

I think alof of them do preorders so far in advance to give them the money to produce the doll. I remember reading somewhere (by someone who produces their own kits..but I don't remember who) that it cost the producer about $20 to make the kits...so the deposit pays for it and the rest is profit...unless there are dealers involved and then they get a cut too ...not sure this is true for all but it makes sense...then if there is a hitch in production...the customers are left waiting :(
Dolly Hugs JaNan
Marita Winters

Post by Marita Winters »

I don''t believe that ANY manufacturer asks for production money 6 months in advance! The manufacturers I work with ask for payment when they are ready to manufacture the kits, NOT before.