"Waking up" a sleeping sculpt?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
elise1114

"Waking up" a sleeping sculpt?

Post by elise1114 »

Has anyone tried to add eyes to a sleeping sculpt? If so, do you have any pictures of your newly "awake" sculpts?
Warm regards,
Cher Elise

KekeLeo

Re: "Waking up" a sleeping sculpt?

Post by KekeLeo »

I am curious as well, I saw one on Facebook once. It was sweet looking.
My childhood may be over, but that doesn’t mean playtime is.
Ron Olson
Royal Ascot Reborns Caz

Post by Royal Ascot Reborns Caz »

I went through abit of a phase of doing it lol it's passed now to be honest but here are the ones I opened the eyes on. Not sure I am keen on them now, apart from Franklin who was a custom order, I think they look better as sleepers lol

Franklin Marx
Ben Loui Marx
Dawn Zweers
Precious gift Musgrove
Amy

Post by Amy »

[quote="Royal Ascot Reborns Caz"]I went through abit of a phase of doing it lol it's passed now to be honest but here are the ones I opened the eyes on. Not sure I am keen on them now, apart from Franklin who was a custom order, I think they look better as sleepers lol

Dawn Zweers

I love how this little one looks like he is trying so hard to open his sleepy eyes! :)
lifesabeachbabyKim

Post by lifesabeachbabyKim »

Yeah I have done 3. Finished 2 Not my best work honestly. Wish I had left them alone, ESPECIALLY Buggy!!! Ugh!! :( The pics are in my external HD which is in my studio right now so I will upload them later on. Believe me when I say though you aren't missing anything. lol!
lifesabeachbabyKim

Post by lifesabeachbabyKim »

And Caz yours are brilliant! Especially Precious Gift!
tixiepixi_linda

Post by tixiepixi_linda »

I have a peeky eyed Franklin in my collection

x Hugs x
Linda

Madison by Andrea Arcello
nanas newborns

Post by nanas newborns »

Here I the ones I "woke up". It is not an easy thing to do because it is so hard to get the eyes to fit without gaps because there is no socket for them.

Buggy

Franklin

patty n dolls

Post by patty n dolls »

OMG, I love the peeky eye look and these are great examples ladies.
Patty
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

Well, I tried it with Franklin and my hand wasn't steady and I gouged a nick in his eyelid so my attempt wasn't successful. I guess I was shaking too much. It made me sick and his head is still sitting there and making me cringe every time I see him. One of these days I gotta get another kit and forget about opening the eyes.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
ellenroberts

Post by ellenroberts »

Someone opened up Will's eyes more and I liked that one. I have that kit, but never did it because I don't like the eyes!
chelle77

Post by chelle77 »

georgeanne wrote:Well, I tried it with Franklin and my hand wasn't steady and I gouged a nick in his eyelid so my attempt wasn't successful. I guess I was shaking too much. It made me sick and his head is still sitting there and making me cringe every time I see him. One of these days I gotta get another kit and forget about opening the eyes.
Same here and with the same kit ...Will not be attempting that again... :shock: :lol:
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

chelle77 wrote:
georgeanne wrote:Well, I tried it with Franklin and my hand wasn't steady and I gouged a nick in his eyelid so my attempt wasn't successful. I guess I was shaking too much. It made me sick and his head is still sitting there and making me cringe every time I see him. One of these days I gotta get another kit and forget about opening the eyes.
Same here and with the same kit ...Will not be attempting that again... :shock: :lol:
Great minds think alike. Not sure about you Chelle but I gotta admit I did a fair share of swearing when I did it. Kinda sounded like the Dad in "A Christmas Story". :lol:
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
chelle77

Post by chelle77 »

Lol,Georgeanne!
I was pretty upset with myself at having ruined a perfectly good kit~~Tossed him immediately so I wouldn't have to look at what a disservice was done to him :oops: :oops:
littleDragonfly

Post by littleDragonfly »

I just discovered how much fun it brings to modified a dollkit. At the Moment I open the eyes of Knox Eagles (unfortunately I dont have any photos for now).
But I think to give a open-eyed-kit sleepy eyes was much easier :wink:

Adaberny

Post by Adaberny »

littleDragonfly wrote:I just discovered how much fun it brings to modified a dollkit. At the Moment I open the eyes of Knox Eagles (unfortunately I dont have any photos for now).

Woah, I've never seen this mod. before. This is new to me. I've herd of opening a kits eyes, but never closing them!
desiree_artsydoll

Post by desiree_artsydoll »

Creative hands are the best hands
littleDragonfly

Post by littleDragonfly »

Adaberny wrote:
littleDragonfly wrote:I just discovered how much fun it brings to modified a dollkit. At the Moment I open the eyes of Knox Eagles (unfortunately I dont have any photos for now).

Woah, I've never seen this mod. before. This is new to me. I've herd of opening a kits eyes, but never closing them!
That is surprising, because close babys eyes is much more simpel than open it - it only needs a elastic ovenable material that firmly bonded to the vinyl.