BABY POWDER SCENT WAFERS

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
krystleslittlemonkeys

Re: BABY POWDER SCENT WAFERS

Post by krystleslittlemonkeys »

My Kate Charles baby came with a small square of the wafer sitting in a slit cut inside the diaper so that I could remove it if I didn't want it. However I loved the scent.
Krystle's Little Monkeys
http://www.krystleslittlemonkeys.com

erin1958

Post by erin1958 »

Annette gave hers to me and I use them as a room freshener in our closet. I like them for that.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!
Cheers, Erin
MonicaW

Post by MonicaW »

I agree. I am allergic. I can't get certain dolls I love because of it. So I like when reborned don't do it until auction is over and if customer wants it
Lainey

Post by Lainey »

I don't like the wafers either. I went on Etsy and found a place called LL Farm and they have some powder there. I searched Baby scented powder. I got a packet of it and they sent what looks like a salt shaker with different size holes that you can choose from. I apply it on top of the diaper and cover it with the outfit baby is wearing. It is a tad strong just at first but they smells really nice. The packet cost $10.00 and I didn't even use much at all to fill the shaker with it and have a lot left over. I cannot see myself ever running out of it. I will bring the shaker with me when I come to Asheville if anyone wants to sample it. :heart: :hug: :heart:
HUGS, LAINEY
[image]11057[/image]
Jill Ann

Post by Jill Ann »

I don't like them either. I'm also sensitive to smells. If the scent is very light (would have to be barely there for it to be light to me) then its tolerable. But usually if I buy a doll that has one, Ill throw it out (the wafer).
avigrace96

Post by avigrace96 »

Great topic! I always add magnets to my dolls for pacifiers, but give the customer the option to have them removed. I think I will start adding that the baby scent wafer I usually include may be removed as well. I never knew so many people disliked them or had problems with them due to allergies/asthma. I have asthma myself but I usually only use a portion a wafer in each doll and haven't had any problems personally. I do like them but agree that the scent can be overpowering depending on how much of the wafer is inserted in the body and where.
Crystal-caelinsmomma

Post by Crystal-caelinsmomma »

I personally don't use them, because I've repaired a few dolls that other people have done, and found that with time, the smell breaks down into a really chemical-y smell that doesn't smell much like baby powder.

I will sprinkle a bit of powder into a diaper before I put it on a doll sometimes, for a really nice subtle smell that can be customized.

I did have one customer who purchased her first reborn from me that had heard about the baby powder wafer and was really ticked off that her baby didn't come smelling with a strong scent. :dunno: So I guess it's a personal preference.
MonicaW

Post by MonicaW »

I like when it is offered after the auction. So people who do have allergies can buy the doll and people who do like the smell can have it added.
hookedoncrochet

Post by hookedoncrochet »

I love the smell, I use a quarter of the sheet at any given time, and when doing a doll show I place bits under the cover on the table and have lovely remarks about a stall selling baby stuff having a lovely baby smell. How does one go about make the baby oil, anyone willing to share this knowledge please