BABY POWDER SCENT WAFERS

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Brooke

BABY POWDER SCENT WAFERS

Post by Brooke »

Does anyone really like those? I just got my Esme :baby: by Laura and there was one in the box. When I opened the box my first thought was "ewww, she smells":x . Then I saw the wafer and immediately tossed it. Now the kit is getting washed really, really good to take out the smell. Perhaps it would work to put a sprinkle of baby powder in the body when its being assembled if the scent is wanted, but in my own personal opinion those wafers are horrid.
Now I'll get off my soapbox :wink:
LollipopCradle_Paula

Re: BABY POWDER SCENT WAFERS

Post by LollipopCradle_Paula »

I don't care for them. I am sensitive to smells and these down right stink to me,
jubileejulie

Post by jubileejulie »

I love them!
jenlovesdolls

Post by jenlovesdolls »

I am sensitive to smells too, and prefer NO smells on my dolls. I did have a baby that had a tiny square of this wafer in her diaper, and that didn't bother me, but some are really overpowering :(
Annette

Post by Annette »

I'm not a fan of them, as they give me a headache and start my asthma off. Which is why I gave mine away.
Hugs Annette
Sis

Post by Sis »

I have pretty bad asthma, and generally sented things (like candles) set me off. I bought a cheap reborn last year, and the wafer she had in her was horridly strong. My Ashton Drake silicone doll has a pretty potent, nasty smell. I cut the wafer in 6 little squares and put them in different parts in her body. For whatever reason, doing it that way makes her smell really nice, but not overpowering at all. I don't know if it would have the same effect in a reborn...I'm going to try here soon!
Melinda

Post by Melinda »

If they actually smell like baby powder I would love it. Some don't and the smell is awful.
Littleonesmariena

Post by Littleonesmariena »

ewww no yuk
they stink up the house for days if one arrives with a purchased doll
they smell very chemically to me and horrible
yet I have the baby powder scented oil and that smells totally different
MayberryBabies_DeAnna

Post by MayberryBabies_DeAnna »

I like them, but I cut them up - I can get 2 dolls from 1 wafer. I put little pieces in the body wrapped in polyfil and it isn't overpowering.
Melinda

Post by Melinda »

I had a baby come with the baby powder scented oil and she smelled wonderful!!!!! She smelled just like baby powder!!!
Ginny W

Post by Ginny W »

I have a lot of allergies but if I use the sheets and also the liquid in moderation they smell great on a baby. I add just a tad of the liquid to my babies before I ship them out. Smell don't last though.
Newest WIP baby at..
Loving Touch Nursery
Visit all her photo album on FB
https://www.facebook.com/ginny.westley/ ... 317&type=3
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

jubileej wrote:I love them!
Me too! LOVE THEM ACTUALLY! :heart: :heart: I found myself going back to the box and smelling it several times! My husband asked me one time .... What in the hell was I doing? lol.....I am sure I looked pretty crazy snuffing the inside of a box, I explained that the inside of the box smelled just like a baby....I am sure he added that incident to his long running list of why he needs to put me away! lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MNferalkitty

Post by MNferalkitty »

I make my own with baby powder scented fragrance oil and IMO mine smell better then the wonder wafers, more like real baby powder type smell :D
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

MNferalkitty wrote:I make my own with baby powder scented fragrance oil and IMO mine smell better then the wonder wafers, more like real baby powder type smell :D
How do you make it? and where do you apply it on the baby?
bornanna

Post by bornanna »

The full wafer is a bit overpowering...but cut in smaller pieces mutes the concentrated scent.
MNferalkitty

Post by MNferalkitty »

Jenny wrote:
MNferalkitty wrote:I make my own with baby powder scented fragrance oil and IMO mine smell better then the wonder wafers, more like real baby powder type smell :D
How do you make it? and where do you apply it on the baby?
I don't apply it to the doll. I use what are called "air feshener blanks" they are basically those cardboard type things like the smelly trees are made of but just rectangles, I then pull those apart into 4 layers, and brush on baby powder scented fragrance oil to both sides of the 4 layers(I use the oil to make my cold process soap too)then I let it sit for bit and last I brush both sides with cornstarch so its not to oily. I then cut them into fours and place inside my babies or storage drawers etc.
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

Thank you so much for sharing,,,, :D
TomsLola

Post by TomsLola »

I love them and use them, but I never thought about a whole one. I have always cut them up! I can get 4 -5 babies using a single wafer.
stefnanny

Post by stefnanny »

I am allergic to them. And I think it is a bad idea to put them in a doll you are selling. At least ask the person first. I had a doll that I had to take apart and wash the body and the vinyl and the smell still did not come out. I could not hold that baby. She was a gift and I had to give her back.
TomsLola

Post by TomsLola »

I know what you mean, I have multiple allergies so that's why I couldn't do more than pieces. I do ask potential mommies about baby scent and magnets and 98% always say yes! The way that I do mine is the scented little squares are enclosed in fiber-fill and towards the middle of the body. You get a hint of baby scent and not a knock down scent. Also with the tiny pieces the scent doesn't stay forever so I guess I've done ok, no complaints as yet