Can someone explain?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
LollipopCradle_Paula

Can someone explain?

Post by LollipopCradle_Paula »

I have been reborning almost two years. In that time, I've done mostly Bountiful Baby kits and mostly "simple babies". I think I make fairly pretty baby dolls. I have been working on Pebbles (Lillianne Breedveld) . My Pebbles looks so much more like a baby (even without her eyelashes and hair yet) than any I have ever done. Her skin has more depth and looks more translucent. I thought maybe I had crossed over from making pretty babies to making pretty reborns. BUT now I'm painting Connor Boneham using the same paints and the same colors. I thought he was looking pretty good until I brought Pebbles in here and compared. He looks so flat! Why is that?
Shannon

Re: Can someone explain?

Post by Shannon »

From my own experiences, it is the differences in vinyls. There are some vinyls that I hate to work with. I struggle so hard to make them come "alive" that it takes the pleasure out of it.
LollipopCradle_Paula

Shannon wrote:From my own experiences, it is the differences in vinyls. There are some vinyls that I hate to work with. I struggle so hard to make them come "alive" that it takes the pleasure out of it.
Thanks, Shannon.

I have no idea what to do next but I'm going to keep trying things because I like this "alive" look. :D
nonnikaycarolyn

Post by nonnikaycarolyn »

Yes, I have found the quality of the vinyl does make a difference in the painting process...
JaNan

Post by JaNan »

Makes sense and answers alot of questions.
I have worked on two kits in tandem .... same paint. .and had the same problem. ..has to be the vinyl
Dolly Hugs JaNan
Barbwired

Post by Barbwired »

Definitely the vinyl. Almost a whole different learning process on the new softer vinyls. Have to say, I'm partial to the older vinyl that I learned to reborn on.
LollipopCradle_Paula

Thanks ladies!