Bountiful Baby computer generated kit is finally ready

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Beth

Re: Bountiful Baby computer generated kit is finally ready

Post by Beth »

Marita Winters wrote:The price is on BB website.
This computer generated kit actually does not discourage me, but gives me the incentive to try even harder to make more realistic sculpts. :-)
Marita I like your attitude. You already do outstanding work. JMO!!
Hugs,
Beth
brandaholicbabies

Post by brandaholicbabies »

love this kit and won't stop me for getting and craving and going crazy for the more limited edition...I actually think for the artist who likes limited edition will work better....I personally do not like when sculpt preorder opens up for a month or week or few days....too many orders and collectors seam to loose interest in that particular sculpt....as the market is flooded by those "quick" artists ....were is very hard to spot the ones they are truly "art pieces" ...unfortunately few lost in thousands....

so to each one its own....I would personally purchase within time these coming kits because I am very curious to see how the proportions and details transferred through this technology....but the unique features the each sculptors add are rare and so particular of the sculptors...I would always recognize a Winter sculpt , a Bonnie Brown one, a legler and a Eagles sculpt.....and that is what makes the difference...uniqueness .....

regarding the auction...Severine Piret is one of my favorites (I have quite few :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ) ...she did the same with Quinnlynn auction...I do not know why she does ...I was almost put off by preordering quinnie because of that ....then you have Little Chicks coming along with her amazing interpretation, were all the single details were "exposed" for everybody to see.....and made me fall for that sculpt even more.....I would personally add one frontal picture to that auction....because I know the sculpt is beautiful in every angle.....why not show it ????

this again is my personal opinion....hugs
Jaunty Jagoda

Post by Jaunty Jagoda »

BountifulBaby wrote:The Realborn Presley Asleep that is on eBay right now is the first prototype of the first edition of the first Realborn kit ever produced. So, it is the "first" of the "first" of the "first".

The Birth Certificate included with the auction is hand-numbered and hand-signed by Denise Pratt, Chief Artistic Officer, Vice-President, and co-owner of Bountiful Baby. The box that Presley is shipped in is a specially-designed quality box suitable for presenting the completed Realborn baby. You can see the box and the Birth Certificate in the auction, towards the bottom.

The included Birth Certificate (shown in the auction photo) is also a prototype. The actual production of the rest of Birth Certificates has been completed, and differs from the prototype certificate in one detail-- "Chief" was mis-spelled on the prototype certificate, and that spelling was corrected for the actual production.

So, the winner of this auction gets a hand-signed prototype Birth Certificate, of which the prototype authenticity of the Birth Certificate can be proven by the existence of that small spelling error. The spelling error actually adds to the value of the certificate. So, the Birth Certificate is the "first" of the "first".

The prototype box shown in the auction is also the "first" of the "first". That particular prototype box cost us $50 to have the box company create. Once we approved the design, we had thousands of them built at a cost of just a few dollars each. But that box in the auction cost us $50. You can tell the difference between it and the production-run boxes because the production-run boxes are white on the inside, and the prototype box is normal cardboard color on the inside. But again, the auction winner gets the "first" of the "first", which adds to the value.

Also, our Realborn's are what we call "Time-Limited Edition" kits.

Just thought everyone might like to know these few additional details.

Nevin Pratt
CEO, Bountiful Baby

Thank you Navin, that's good to know.
Californiateri

Post by Californiateri »

I don't think this kind of kit will take away from the sculptors and their work. I see it as just another option for reborners. I think there's room in the reborn world for both.
teri - and my sweeties

Candykim

Post by Candykim »

I love him but he needs a pacy lol
tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

Wow............just awesome.........Hugs,Kathy
Beth

Post by Beth »

tuckerk wrote:Wow............just awesome.........Hugs,Kathy
I think so to. I can't wait to get this one. I'm just thrilled beyond words he's beautiful.
Hugs,
Beth
bornanna

Post by bornanna »

jenniferwatier wrote:I agree Marita! These kits are a fun addition to a future thats moving fast into everchanging technology!
I love our sculptors, and feel there is no limit to their talents, and they are every bit as skilled. These kits are just like any other in the fact that artist and collectors will still only purchase babies that apeal to them. Each "baby" is individual or unique to our own prefrences. So I think maybe they are not everyones ideal , but they definitely up the bar on realism, and make reborning very intersting and diverse.

I agree...Jennifer. I also think there are very talented artists who create lovely and unique babies from these sculpts. Although it does seem that only a few seem to be asked to create prototypes...which limits the interpretation...There is so much imagination and creativity...yet to be tapped. :baby:
LindaBforbabies

Post by LindaBforbabies »

Love this baby...so excited about real born kits.
Last edited by LindaBforbabies on Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dion

Post by Dion »

:heart: :heart: :heart: Oh, WOW!! I would love to see this baby face on, too, but I can tell by the pictures that I REALLY love this sculpt! What a gorgeous baby! The mouth is so pretty and the baby looks so real. Love, love love this sculpt! :foryou: Hugs, Dion
BountifulBaby

Post by BountifulBaby »

Scroll to the bottom of the following page:

http://pictures.bountifulbaby.com/presl ... eping.html

You can see closeup detailed pictures of the unpainted vinyl. That includes, of course, the face. You can even see the soft spot on the baby.

Hope this helps!

Nevin Pratt
CEO, Bountiful Baby
Marita Winters

Post by Marita Winters »

Those are really nice clear pictures Mr. Pratt! Thank you for sharing those! Beautiful baby!
Beth

Post by Beth »

Thanks Nevin!!! Persley is such a beautiful kit can't wait.:)
Hugs,
Beth
sarahdaugherty

Post by sarahdaugherty »

BountifulBaby wrote:Scroll to the bottom of the following page:

http://pictures.bountifulbaby.com/presl ... eping.html

You can see closeup detailed pictures of the unpainted vinyl. That includes, of course, the face. You can even see the soft spot on the baby.

Hope this helps!

Nevin Pratt
CEO, Bountiful Baby
O THANK YOU for posting those photos!!! I'm IN LOVE! PERFECT! When do orders start for the kit?
Stacey

Post by Stacey »

Gorgeous kit! Are we going to be able to buy all 3 at once? I'm in Australia and shipping is a nightmare!
MicheleSCN

Post by MicheleSCN »

I hope that the preorders (if they are taking them) will be open for an extended period of time so that every one that wants one, has a chance to order the kit. I have missed quite a few sculpts that I loved due to tons of people preordering at once and my computer just isn't fast enough, or I am out and about with my kiddos and/or at work when the preorders start. One of the things I liked about Bountiful Baby is I could always log on and order the kits I wanted....unless of course, they were out of stock. I am a huge fan of open editions for this reason. Not to mention I don't have to spend a small fortune to try and get a kit that I love if I miss the preorder. :roll:
sarahdaugherty

Post by sarahdaugherty »

I would love to see this photo of Presley into a kit....I'm a nut for the open mouth!!!!!