Bountiful Baby computer generated kit is finally ready

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Marita Winters

Bountiful Baby computer generated kit is finally ready

Post by Marita Winters »

Just saw the prototype on Ebay for BB's new computer generated kit.
It is gorgeous! The only thing I don't like about the auction is that this baby's mouth is hidden in most of the pictures. There is nothing about it that needs to be hidden. It is a beautiful little mouth as is the whole kit. I love it!
http://www.ebay.fr/itm/BCN-Presley-rebo ... ESELX%3AIT
Wyattsmommy_Cassandra

Re: Bountiful Baby computer generated kit is finally ready

Post by Wyattsmommy_Cassandra »

Thanks for posting! Ive been dying to see them finished! I adore the ears and limbs on him, but I too would like to see more pics of his face straight on...
Annette

Post by Annette »

That is one cute kit! I think I'm going to have to add it to my "must have" list. :)
Hugs Annette
debsangelbabies

Post by debsangelbabies »

Hes beautiful, just love his limbs
Ginny W

Post by Ginny W »

Here's the English version of the auction
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BCN-Presley-reb ... 3a94b492c9

Wow I really love the sleeping version a lot. The price of the latest sculpts are just going through the roof so this will be refreshing getting a lovely realistic kit at a nice price as well. Been having to pass lately on so many new sculpts because the kit prices are just too high to justify buying them with the market almost non existent to sell the finished dolls lately. :shock:
Newest WIP baby at..
Loving Touch Nursery
Visit all her photo album on FB
https://www.facebook.com/ginny.westley/ ... 317&type=3
Jaunty Jagoda

Post by Jaunty Jagoda »

I saw him too, reborning gives this kit extra boost, as Severine is absoutely TOP newborn-style artist.
I'm not really fond of this parrticular kit, but technique is amazing and I'll definitely buy Realborn in the future.

Have you seen prices of those kits? $80. Not bad at all!
Beth

Post by Beth »

Oh he is beautiful. But this proto is coming across really yellow on my screen.
Hugs,
Beth
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

I love this kit. I can't wait for it to be released I so want one for me.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
BountifulBaby

Post by BountifulBaby »

The Realborn Presley Asleep that is on eBay right now is the first prototype of the first edition of the first Realborn kit ever produced. So, it is the "first" of the "first" of the "first".

The Birth Certificate included with the auction is hand-numbered and hand-signed by Denise Pratt, Chief Artistic Officer, Vice-President, and co-owner of Bountiful Baby. The box that Presley is shipped in is a specially-designed quality box suitable for presenting the completed Realborn baby. You can see the box and the Birth Certificate in the auction, towards the bottom.

The included Birth Certificate (shown in the auction photo) is also a prototype. The actual production of the rest of Birth Certificates has been completed, and differs from the prototype certificate in one detail-- "Chief" was mis-spelled on the prototype certificate, and that spelling was corrected for the actual production.

So, the winner of this auction gets a hand-signed prototype Birth Certificate, of which the prototype authenticity of the Birth Certificate can be proven by the existence of that small spelling error. The spelling error actually adds to the value of the certificate. So, the Birth Certificate is the "first" of the "first".

The prototype box shown in the auction is also the "first" of the "first". That particular prototype box cost us $50 to have the box company create. Once we approved the design, we had thousands of them built at a cost of just a few dollars each. But that box in the auction cost us $50. You can tell the difference between it and the production-run boxes because the production-run boxes are white on the inside, and the prototype box is normal cardboard color on the inside. But again, the auction winner gets the "first" of the "first", which adds to the value.

Also, our Realborn's are what we call "Time-Limited Edition" kits.

Just thought everyone might like to know these few additional details.

Nevin Pratt
CEO, Bountiful Baby
Last edited by BountifulBaby on Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jenniferwatier

Post by jenniferwatier »

I thought the doll was amazinggg! Just would love to have seen more of a face shot straight on, the artists dis beautiful work, show it off ladies!
jenniferwatier

Post by jenniferwatier »

Bountiful baby, how long do you estimate kits to be available? Please make them at least six month production as I would love to have the funds to purchase several of each.
ColorbyCarina

Post by ColorbyCarina »

I think it's a beautiful kit and I do not mean any kind of offense to anyone, but in my opinion, the sculpts that top sculptors create are just as amazing. Is is cool that this was doll created from a real live baby- yea definitely! But for me, I personally am more drawn to kits that artists create. To sculpt such a realistic baby out of a block of clay blows my mind. It takes a world of talent and I personally like to buy "hand made items". I like the idea of supporting artists, even down to the sculptor themselves.

I guess the point of me posting this is that I love the scupltors we have, and I hope this technology doesn't eliminate the need for them.
dollval

Post by dollval »

"I think it's a beautiful kit and I do not mean any kind of offense to anyone, but in my opinion, the sculpts that top sculptors create are just as amazing. Is is cool that this was doll created from a real live baby- yea definitely! But for me, I personally am more drawn to kits that artists create. To sculpt such a realistic baby out of a block of clay blows my mind. It takes a world of talent and I personally like to buy "hand made items". I like the idea of supporting artists, even down to the sculptor themselves.

I guess the point of me posting this is that I love the scupltors we have, and I hope this technology doesn't eliminate the need for them." ColorbyCarina

I never copy and paste someone else's words see above- I usually have plenty of my own lol but that is exactly what I was thinking ! Val
stefnanny

Post by stefnanny »

I always feel like people are trying to hide something when they don't show all of the baby. Wish they had shown the face straight on. That said I think the baby is adorable.
sarahdaugherty

Post by sarahdaugherty »

When will pre ordering start?
Beth

Post by Beth »

I didn't know BB did pro-orders. They never have in the past.
Hugs,
Beth
nanas newborns

Post by nanas newborns »

Beautiful baby! I agree, why is the mouth hidden in most all the pictures, soo frustrating not to see the entire face in full! Someone posted that the price of these kits would be $80. where was that announced, I had not seen a price as yet? I will definitely buy some of these kits, and of course will continue to buy artist sculpted kits also as they are beautiful also! There is room for both kinds IMO. :D Nancy
Marita Winters

Post by Marita Winters »

The price is on BB website.
This computer generated kit actually does not discourage me, but gives me the incentive to try even harder to make more realistic sculpts. :-)
jenniferwatier

Post by jenniferwatier »

I agree Marita! These kits are a fun addition to a future thats moving fast into everchanging technology!
I love our sculptors, and feel there is no limit to their talents, and they are every bit as skilled. These kits are just like any other in the fact that artist and collectors will still only purchase babies that apeal to them. Each "baby" is individual or unique to our own prefrences. So I think maybe they are not everyones ideal , but they definitely up the bar on realism, and make reborning very intersting and diverse.
Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

I love this!! :D