Can I see your bedding sets?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
12_11_11 Liddy

Can I see your bedding sets?

Post by 12_11_11 Liddy »

I recently got a new crib as I have my real life baby girl to keep in mind for frequent overnight visits and therefore the crib needed to expand as she has grown.

We don't seem to have anything as glamorous or detailed here in the uk as I've seen whilst browsing on etsy.

If you have a crib all decked out with bumpers and sheets and dust ruffles may I see? I am trying to work out what I want, but have to bare in mind it will be subjected to slobber!
marilyn

Re: Can I see your bedding sets?

Post by marilyn »

slobber, and sometimes worse. LOL
12_11_11 Liddy

Post by 12_11_11 Liddy »

marilyn wrote:slobber, and sometimes worse. LOL
Yup, my skinny jeans I was oh so proud to buy a few weeks ago now have a fetching carrot purée embellishment stained into the left leg 8)
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

Here is my crib with bedding. I bought all the bedding on ebay and it is by Pottery barn. I still have to paint my nursery pink so please excuse the non matching lavender in the background.
Hugs,
Nadia

12_11_11 Liddy

Post by 12_11_11 Liddy »

NadiaK wrote:Here is my crib with bedding. I bought all the bedding on ebay and it is by Pottery barn. I still have to paint my nursery pink so please excuse the non matching lavender in the background.
That is beautiful Nadia, thank you for showing me a photo!

The bedding is perfectly pink! I love the valance, or dust ruffle, not sure what you call it in the USA.

We don't have a pottery barn in the uk, or at least I don't think so, your crib is lush, is it powder coated? It looks immaculate!
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

12_11_11 Liddy wrote:

The bedding is perfectly pink! I love the valance, or dust ruffle, not sure what you call it in the USA.

We don't have a pottery barn in the uk, or at least I don't think so, your crib is lush, is it powder coated? It looks immaculate!
Lydia,
I am not sure if it is powder coated or painted. Don't really know the difference. I was very lucky to find it on Craig's list. My hubby drove me two hours to pick it up and it is in amazing condition for its age. And the best part is that it was only 120.00 dollars.
Hugs,
Nadia

12_11_11 Liddy

Post by 12_11_11 Liddy »

NadiaK wrote:
12_11_11 Liddy wrote:

Lydia,
I am not sure if it is powder coated or painted. Don't really know the difference. I was very lucky to find it on Craig's list. My hubby drove me two hours to pick it up and it is in amazing condition for its age. And the best part is that it was only 120.00 dollars.
That is an amazing buy!

It's gorgeous, I didn't get quite such a bargain for my cot, but it's the same era as my bed, which has been in the family for generations, for starters, baby Liddy was born in it! So I'm chuffed to have the cot and the bed matching in my bedroom, now to find some pretty bedding like you have over there! X
Mari

Post by Mari »

If it s for a real baby you can't use bumpers or loose blankets.
12_11_11 Liddy

Post by 12_11_11 Liddy »

Mari wrote:If it s for a real baby you can't use bumpers or loose blankets.
We always use bumpers here, but not loose sheets, it's a guideline for the air flow I think in the USA, but here it seems to be bumpers are go.
judyismyname

Post by judyismyname »

Hmm, I used bumpers and blankets for all four of my babies and somehow they seemed to survive :?:

Maybe mine were the safe kind?
Kelliegirl

Post by Kelliegirl »

judyismyname wrote:Hmm, I used bumpers and blankets for all four of my babies and somehow they seemed to survive :?:

Bumpers and blankets were fine when my daughters were babies too…….they survived as well. :dunno:
Hugs, Kellie :D

~*Precious Baby Girl*~
littlerosenursery_Gina

Post by littlerosenursery_Gina »

It's being said that not using bumpers or blankets in a crib is because of SIDS they are no longer considered safe. they now make a breathable mesh bumper I have one for my son so his arms and legs don't get stuck in the crib bars :D
HUGS,
Gina J

Kelliegirl

Post by Kelliegirl »

littlerosenursery_Gina wrote:It's being said that not using bumpers or blankets in a crib is because of SIDS they are no longer considered safe. they now make a breathable mesh bumper I have one for my son so his arms and legs don't get stuck in the crib bars :D
Ahhhh…….I see. :wink: Isn't it interesting how different countries have different standards for baby safety? I see the same thing with pacifiers, bottles, and such…….I think that's why we don't see certain brands in the US…….if they don't meet the standards they can't be sold here.

~*Precious Baby Girl*~
littlerosenursery_Gina

Post by littlerosenursery_Gina »

Kelliegirl wrote:
littlerosenursery_Gina wrote:It's being said that not using bumpers or blankets in a crib is because of SIDS they are no longer considered safe. they now make a breathable mesh bumper I have one for my son so his arms and legs don't get stuck in the crib bars :D
Ahhhh…….I see. :wink: Isn't it interesting how different countries have different standards for baby safety? I see the same thing with pacifiers, bottles, and such…….I think that's why we don't see certain brands in the US…….if they don't meet the standards they can't be sold here.

Yes it is interesting :D from what I understand Their has been less SIDS with the new safety standards which is great :D I think bumpers are still sold but not recommended and I heard that soon they will no longer sell stuffed bumpers but I don't know if that true or not :dunno:
HUGS,
Gina J

judyismyname

Post by judyismyname »

Wow, how did we ever survive lawn darts and wood burning kits??? :lol: America is an unsafe country to live in :trout: :usa1:
Tina

Post by Tina »

Kelliegirl wrote:
judyismyname wrote:Hmm, I used bumpers and blankets for all four of my babies and somehow they seemed to survive :?:

Bumpers and blankets were fine when my daughters were babies too…….they survived as well. :dunno:
I used them for my 3 babies and they were all fine too, I managed to find a beautiful set for my crib here in the UK, brand new.
12_11_11 Liddy

Post by 12_11_11 Liddy »

Anymore ladies with bedding sets out there?

Six months in and we've managed thus far with bumpers lol.
Kelliegirl

Post by Kelliegirl »

AngelaLovesBabies wrote:
Kelliegirl wrote:
I wonder if that's why we can't get "cot blankets"???
Ha! Probably! :wink:

~*Precious Baby Girl*~
leslie6628

Post by leslie6628 »

Here is my bedding...

12_11_11 Liddy

Post by 12_11_11 Liddy »

leslie6628 wrote:Here is my bedding...

Gosh wow that's beautiful and the sort of style with the surround and dust ruffle I really love!

Absolutely exquisite, just like may I add, mr Alejandro in your siggy!

May I ask where you purchased it from? I'd love something similar but it has to be green, just like the rest of the house lol

Thank you for taking the trouble to post photos :foryou: