Did anyone see this...

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
littlerosenursery_Gina

Did anyone see this...

Post by littlerosenursery_Gina »

It was on my FB page about police breaking into a car thinking their was a baby inside when it was a Doll

http://abc7.com/family/nj-emts-break-in ... ll/230395/
HUGS,
Gina J

Suzanne

Re: Did anyone see this...

Post by Suzanne »

I would never leave a doll in car like that for that reason.. its not funny to anyone..
littlerosenursery_Gina

Post by littlerosenursery_Gina »

My first thought was OMG I would not leave my dolls in sight for this reason if I take them anywhere I cover them up
HUGS,
Gina J

Beth

Post by Beth »

Oh my goodness my hubby is a fireman/emt he would be PO if he rescued a doll. But that looks like an AD doll
not even reborned. But I don't blame the firemen you can't take any chances.
Hugs,
Beth
Royal Ascot Reborns Caz

Post by Royal Ascot Reborns Caz »

Is that the actual doll? Only, that looks like a doll to me? :? or maybe it's just our trained eye lol but it doesn't look natural at all?
Qhloe

Post by Qhloe »

If I saw what looked at first glance like a baby or child in a locked hot car, I would probably not take the time to confirm whether or not the baby is real in the first place. The fear of the baby's safety would make me act fast. I'm not at all surprised this happened, even if that doll in the photo is the actual doll. Poor rescue workers.
LadyPJ7

Post by LadyPJ7 »

Crazyyyyyyy!!! I mean, "Who Does That!" I know they have heard of the deaths of babies From the Media!! :shock: Duh!! I would not be shock if the PDs in all states mandate a law against this!! To see a lifeless body, especially babies & children is the scariest sene by anyone!! It's never been humorous to me, put yourself on the te flip side!! I guess she's sick now paying to replace her window.im totally upset with this, I'm sorry to be wire up this way, but until you actually see this, or having it too close for comfort, you will have a different perspective on this Craziness. It's not like the babies just go to sleep, it's struggling to stay alive!!
Shannon

Post by Shannon »

LadyPJ7 wrote:Crazyyyyyyy!!! I mean, "Who Does That!" I know they have heard of the deaths of babies From the Media!! :shock: Duh!! I would not be shock if the PDs in all states mandate a law against this!! To see a lifeless body, especially babies & children is the scariest sene by anyone!! It's never been humorous to me, put yourself on the te flip side!! I guess she's sick now paying to replace her window.im totally upset with this, I'm sorry to be wire up this way, but until you actually see this, or having it too close for comfort, you will have a different perspective on this Craziness. It's not like the babies just go to sleep, it's struggling to stay alive!!

I read there have been 18 children who have died this year from being left in cars. :(
Lainey

Post by Lainey »

I don't find any humor in this happening either. First of all, when Paul and I take a baby in the car, it does not ride in a car seat. We lay the baby down on the back seat or put It on the floor and cover it up totally with a blanket no matter where it is in the car. With so many little ones perishing in hot cars, I don't blame the police officers for breaking into a car if they even suspect it may be a real baby.

We have a little sign in one of our side windows next to the front door saying how many animals reside with us. We also have one that says "There are no real babies in this house". Dolls can be seen from the front door and we don't want anyone to mistake them for babies being left alone if nobody answers the door. :hug:
HUGS, LAINEY
[image]11057[/image]
Shannon

Post by Shannon »

Lainey wrote:I don't find any humor in this happening either. First of all, when Paul and I take a baby in the car, it does not ride in a car seat. We lay the baby down on the back seat or put It on the floor and cover it up totally with a blanket no matter where it is in the car. With so many little ones perishing in hot cars, I don't blame the police officers for breaking into a car if they even suspect it may be a real baby.

We have a little sign in one of our side windows next to the front door saying how many animals reside with us. We also have one that says "There are no real babies in this house". Dolls can be seen from the front door and we don't want anyone to mistake them for babies being left alone if nobody answers the door. :hug:
Can't tell you how wide-eyed I was when I read the first three sentences before realizing you were talking about a reborn. Thanks for being a responsible "parent". :wink:
I really need to post a sign somewhere about my furbabies, too, in case there is a fire.
LollipopCradle_Paula

Post by LollipopCradle_Paula »

Who besides us thinks twice about leaving a doll in the car? I've heard of reborns being mistaken for real babies in situations like this so I always warn my new mommies to cover their babies up if they have to leave them in the car. However with all the recent deaths of children left in hot cars, there's no time to think about whether it's a real, lifeless baby or a doll. And we all can clearly see this is a doll. Kudos to those who acted quickly even though it was a false alarm.