Blue Crochet Outfit ~ thank you auntie Carol

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
LadyPJ7

Re: Blue Crochet Outfit ~ thank you auntie Carol

Post by LadyPJ7 »

I Love Girls in blue as well, and it's my favorite color too!!
12_11_11 Liddy

Post by 12_11_11 Liddy »

Thank you again for the lovely comments, as some you have noticed my Juliette has new hair! She has in no way been "repainted" her eyes had a little tidy and her cheeks a little flushing but all her lovely complexion, mottling, veining and so on can only be credited to her fabulous sculptor :heart:

I have spoken with a Romie at great lengths regarding the Juliette sculpt and anything done to her was with the greatest sympathy to her existing finish :D

I am so happy with her, I adore this baby :elephant:
Kelliegirl

Post by Kelliegirl »

12_11_11 Liddy wrote:Thank you again for the lovely comments, as some you have noticed my Juliette has new hair! She has in no way been "repainted" her eyes had a little tidy and her cheeks a little flushing but all her lovely complexion, mottling, veining and so on can only be credited to her fabulous sculptor :heart:

I have spoken with a Romie at great lengths regarding the Juliette sculpt and anything done to her was with the greatest sympathy to her existing finish :D

I am so happy with her, I adore this baby :elephant:
I guess I am wondering why you would say she hasn't been repainted when you have just stated that you had someone add some blushing which is painting, along with an eye change……..and when you look at her original pictures it's clear that she looks a lot different, which is great, and you are sharing her pictures here to show her off, so why act so secretive about it? :dunno: I think it just makes people wonder when you dance around questions about the changes you have made to her.

It's clearly your choice to alter your baby to your preferences, so you should be proud about the changes you made with your doll! :D I think you are very brave to make her all your own! :wink:
Hugs, Kellie :D

~*Precious Baby Girl*~
tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

That is such a lovely crochet outfit and looks beautiful on your little girl...........Hugs,Kathy
BabyPowderKisses

Post by BabyPowderKisses »

I guess I am just wondering why certain people have to make DollFan such an un-pleasant place for others by constantly making comments that aren't called for???
Lydia does not have an obligation to answer any questions if she doesn't wish to, and certainly not when it appears like an interrogation rather than a casual question from someone who has a genuine interest.
Having new eyes added to Juliette is NOT painting. Blushing is painting, but this does not equate to a total strip down and re-paint of the baby.
I think we all have things about our babies that we choose not to share, and it is sad that it makes some people feel that they then have to go on some kind of quest to try their very best to spoil things for someone who is clearly thrilled with their new baby.
It is even worse when it is done in such a way that it looks friendly and innocent when it is anything but!
If someone clearly has issues with someone else, then please, just don't comment at all. You have no idea how much hurt you could be causing.
Just go your way and let Lydia go hers now. There is no need for this to continue, all that has to be done it just not to get involved in Lydia's posts and just enjoy your hobby and give Lydia the peace to enjoy hers. It really is that simple.
just_Brenda

Post by just_Brenda »

It's a gorgeous outfit and perfect for your beautiful baby.
We don't know how strong we are, until being strong is the only choice we have .
patty n dolls

Post by patty n dolls »

I am another big fan of baby girls in blue and both your baby and her outfit are stunning.
Patty
Kelliegirl

Post by Kelliegirl »

BabyPowderKisses wrote:I guess I am just wondering why certain people have to make DollFan such an un-pleasant place for others by constantly making comments that aren't called for???
Lydia does not have an obligation to answer any questions if she doesn't wish to, and certainly not when it appears like an interrogation rather than a casual question from someone who has a genuine interest.
Having new eyes added to Juliette is NOT painting. Blushing is painting, but this does not equate to a total strip down and re-paint of the baby.
I think we all have things about our babies that we choose not to share, and it is sad that it makes some people feel that they then have to go on some kind of quest to try their very best to spoil things for someone who is clearly thrilled with their new baby.
It is even worse when it is done in such a way that it looks friendly and innocent when it is anything but!
If someone clearly has issues with someone else, then please, just don't comment at all. You have no idea how much hurt you could be causing.
Just go your way and let Lydia go hers now. There is no need for this to continue, all that has to be done it just not to get involved in Lydia's posts and just enjoy your hobby and give Lydia the peace to enjoy hers. It really is that simple.
Hi Lexi,

I AM genuinely interested in what she had done to her, as she looks like a completely different doll, that's it…….there's no hidden agenda here. :dunno:

She posted a picture of her to show her off, and it IS an innocent question not an interrogation that she skirted and I thought that was a little strange, which is why I asked her to clarify. She obviously loves how she turned out and if you read, I told her she should be proud of the changes that she made and that she was brave to make her all her own, which is a compliment. I don't know anyone who has ever changed a Romie doll, so I was very curious.

I ask people all the time when I notice that they've made a change to a doll that I've seen before. That's what this forum is all about……..we are curious about others dolls, hence why we post and share here. :D

If she wasn't expecting people to notice or didn't want to answer questions about a rather large change to an iconic doll, then why post any pictures of her at all? I guess I'm confused by why we cannot ask a question without being scolded.

I'm certainly not trying to ruin anything for her, in fact talking about all these things is what makes doll collecting fun, and I think you are ruining it by making accusations that people are on a quest to ruin someone's fun, which is rather silly and over dramatic, don't you think?

This is an open forum and I won't be told what I can or can't comment on especially by you. :?
Hugs, Kellie :D

~*Precious Baby Girl*~
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

BabyPowderKisses wrote:
I think this baby is adorable. But being that she was rerooted, had her eyes changed and blushing added makes her an altered doll in my opinion. But I still love her. :heart: :heart:
Hugs,
Nadia

Barbydoll

Post by Barbydoll »

I love your adorable baby & she looks SO lovely in the blue outfit!
Such a pretty color & a beautiful handcrafted outfit!
She is such a sweetheart!!!
karenwhitmore

Post by karenwhitmore »

That's beautiful!
12_11_11 Liddy

Post by 12_11_11 Liddy »

Thank you for the lovely comments Barby and Karen, I agree she is a total sweetheart. It's been a while since I felt the dolly sparkle and find myself cruising down the clothing isle in the supermarket even when I only went in for milk :dunno:

:grouphug:
Starbaby1409

Post by Starbaby1409 »

Have been looking at all the posts of different babies as am a newbie..your baby is gorgeous..love her outfit too. The Juliette sculpt is exquisite and your baby looks amazing. You must be very very proud . X
Hugs J x
Sophia~luvs2Lrn

Post by Sophia~luvs2Lrn »

Beautiful! :0)
grandmasheryl

Post by grandmasheryl »

I don't care if she has been "altered" she is beautiful and her outfit is lovely. :D
Froggies4Brandi

Post by Froggies4Brandi »

That outfit is totally gorgeous!! Gorgeous baby too!! :heart:
bean

Post by bean »

Beautiful baby !!! :heart: and sweater set !!! :heart: