Anyone tried the "Miracle Blend" paints?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
LINDASLITTLEBLESSINGS

Anyone tried the "Miracle Blend" paints?

Post by LINDASLITTLEBLESSINGS »

Wanting to try an air-dry paint because I have started having issues with my lungs and I suspect it is from the fumes from baking dolls. Anyone tried the new Miracle Blend paints?
karenwhitmore

Re: Anyone tried the "Miracle Blend" paints?

Post by karenwhitmore »

Haven't heard of them. Where'd you find them?
karenwhitmore

Post by karenwhitmore »

Hunnybuns sells their Water Borne paints much less expensive than these and they have everything you need there. 1 ounce paints are $3.50 vs $8
LINDASLITTLEBLESSINGS

karenwhitmore wrote:Hunnybuns sells their Water Borne paints much less expensive than these and they have everything you need there. 1 ounce paints are $3.50 vs $8
Have you used them?
Beachwalker Mandy

Post by Beachwalker Mandy »

I have had my Hunnybuns set for a long while. It goes a long way. I don't reborn dolls to sell, I only do it for my own personal pleasure and for my own collection. I love the paints. They work very well. I bought the starter set with all the colors.
LINDASLITTLEBLESSINGS

Beachwalker Mandy wrote:I have had my set for a long while. It goes a long way. I don't reborn dolls to sell though, I only do it for my own personal pleasure and for my own collection. I love the paints. They work very well. I bought the starter set with all the colors.
I thought they were new?
Beachwalker Mandy

Post by Beachwalker Mandy »

LINDASLITTLEBLESSINGS wrote:
Beachwalker Mandy wrote:I have had my set for a long while. It goes a long way. I don't reborn dolls to sell though, I only do it for my own personal pleasure and for my own collection. I love the paints. They work very well. I bought the starter set with all the colors.
I thought they were new?
Sorry, I was answering about Hunnybuns air dry paints. You had asked Karen if she had ever used them. I edited my comment to specify Hunnybuns. No, I have not tried the new ones, I love the Hunnybuns and the price is a lot more suitable to me.
karenwhitmore

Post by karenwhitmore »

Yes. Bunny buns water borne paints work really good. I just ordered some more a few days ago. Still waiting on them.
cindydu

Post by cindydu »

I use Luminaire and love them. I just emailed this company and I really like that they have so many colors but I wanted to ask them what exactly does their "slow" drying time mean.
Debbie@TNGUN

Post by Debbie@TNGUN »

I thought they were new?
I've been using HunnyBuns paints for over a year now too. They are new but not right-now-new. They are great!
Debbie
They Never Grow Up Nursery
Where babies are babies...Forever!

http://www.theynevergrowupnursery.com

BLOG: http://theynevergrowupnursery.blogspot.com

MOHAIR and LDC Color Guides: http://TheyNeverGrowUpNursery.artfire.com
Rondascott13

Post by Rondascott13 »

Hi ladies,

I have trial sets of the Miracle Blend paints for sale on my website.
I have used them and I love them, they work a lot like Genesis without the harsh chemicals
I will also have the full range of colours and mediums on there on Tuesday

http://www.tinytotsnursery.com.au/mirac ... -25_76_78/
LINDASLITTLEBLESSINGS

Rondascott13 wrote:Hi ladies,

I have trial sets of the Miracle Blend paints for sale on my website.
I have used them and I love them, they work a lot like Genesis without the harsh chemicals
I will also have the full range of colours and mediums on there on Tuesday

http://www.tinytotsnursery.com.au/mirac ... -25_76_78/
How much to ship the trial paint and pen set to the US?
LINDASLITTLEBLESSINGS

Debbie@TNGUN wrote:
I thought they were new?
I've been using HunnyBuns paints for over a year now too. They are new but not right-now-new. They are great!
Debbie can I use the Gel Medium on a shines vinyl before painting or perhaps a coat of Genesis? Will the Water Borne paints stick to it? also how do you remove if there is a mistake? Thanks!
Stace999

Post by Stace999 »

i think i might give these a try one day!!! its always fun to try something different! i wonder how long each layer takes to dry??? like is it faster then flash, bake cool?? or does it take a super long time?? also i wonder if you have to follow a recipe of how much water you should add? or if you can add little to alot depending on how thin you want to layers?!?! so many questions and im dying to know the answers!!!!!
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Yes, I did. They are nice, but I also ordered the Baby FX Air Dry paint that Melissa George has developed and I much prefer them. Also they are so concentrated that I think they last forever. A bit over $50 for the whole set with mediums and 2 other finishing items. Ween I get well and start to paint again I may also use some of the Miracle Blend colors if needed. Oh, to see them just Google MG Dolls.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

LINDASLITTLEBLESSINGS wrote:Wanting to try an air-dry paint because I have started having issues with my lungs and I suspect it is from the fumes from baking dolls. Anyone tried the new Miracle Blend paints?
Hi Linda,

Brooke and I have these, I don't know how she got on with her's, I have decided to work with mine after the Holidays. Brooke ended up switching to MG paints, that is all I can speak for her. I plan to mix my own. Do a search on here, DeAnna is working with Jo Sonja paints. I think if you put Air Dry Paints in the Advanced search, you are going to get some interesting results.

hugs,
Cat

PS: Sorry I posted before reading everyone's answers. I also own Stephanie's HunnyBuns paints and Luminaire Paints. I guess what I will have to do is set up a doll kit for each Group of Paints plus my own. (I guess that will be one way to use my blog).... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MacPhersonCrafts

Post by MacPhersonCrafts »

Hi Ladies :hi ya:
We are now carrying the Miracle Blend Air Dry paints at our shop~! :elephant: :elephant: :elephant:
We have posted some basic how to videos on our new web-site so you can see how they work.
they are very similar to Genesis in the way you get fabulous coverage as well as the transparency of the paint for very realistic skin layering. :toast:
So far we are truly impressed with these new paints!
so here is the link to the videos. :dance:
https://macphersoncrafts.com/en/free-tu ... lley-doupe
Here is the link to the various kits as well as the individual pants. :foryou:
https://macphersoncrafts.com/en/online- ... end-paints
hUgs Brenda :grouphug: XOXOXO
http://macphersoncrafts.com
Silicone Doll Kits now available
tinytoes

Post by tinytoes »

I love to experiment with air dry reborn paints! I had to quit using the genesis because of the headaches I was getting. I have been using hunny buns paints for about 6 months now, and I am really happy with them, but I have also been thinking about trying the miracle blend paints to compare them. :) The miracle blend paints look really nice. Check out macpherson's videos on youtube, they have great demonstrations on how to get started with their air dry paints. TNGUN also has a great written tutorial, which I used to get started. Both are super helpful.

Here are some of the babies that I've painted recently with hunny buns air dry paints. I hope the photos show you the transparency of the colors and how easy they blend! (mind you, I am still pretty new at reborning :oops: )

ImageImage
tinytoes

Post by tinytoes »

Stace999 wrote:i think i might give these a try one day!!! its always fun to try something different! i wonder how long each layer takes to dry??? like is it faster then flash, bake cool?? or does it take a super long time?? also i wonder if you have to follow a recipe of how much water you should add? or if you can add little to alot depending on how thin you want to layers?!?! so many questions and im dying to know the answers!!!!!

It is much quicker than flash, bake, cool. I let the first base/prep layer cure for a few hours before I add my paint layers. But when I do my paint layers, by the time I am done with all of the pieces, they are dried and ready for the next step. I live in a very humid climate though, but the paint dries very quickly, which is especially helpful when doing details like creases, lips, finger nails, etc.