My gift--I need help cleaning her

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Sis

My gift--I need help cleaning her

Post by Sis »

Hi Ladies,

A special neighbor gave me this amazing doll they found in the attic of their dad's house. She is so beautiful, and I want to put her in my room. I think she's been in the box since she was purchased--the back of her head is so flat and her dress is all crushed. I want to clean her up, but she is from the 1960's and I don't want to do something that will hurt the vinyl, or the dress.

What should I use to clean her vinyl? Can I dip her dress in some cold water, with no wringing or twisting? Or is there something else I can do to clean it?

Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Barbara L.

Re: My gift--I need help cleaning her

Post by Barbara L. »

She's gorgeous!
I hope someone can help you figure out the best way to restore her original beauty!
Dolls for Sale: https://www.reborns.com/VinStyleandMore and Vintage baby clothes & shoes for sale: https://vinstyleandmore.etsy.com
Fini07

Post by Fini07 »

such a sweetie! Maybe a doll hospital would be the best solution?
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Sis,

I think the best person to talk to about restoring her would be AlyMarie. She restores the Patty Play Pal Dolls and I would imagine she would know how to or someone who could help you. Another person is CarolinaMoonStudio, she restores dolls.

Hope this helps. Oh, I would send a Private Message to each or just one, they should get an email (hopefully) letting them know they have a message.

:foryou:

Best of Luck, she is a beautiful doll.
sheilzabellle

Post by sheilzabellle »

My mother had that doll.
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

Here is a link to a site where I have bought items to clean the dolls and clothes that are vintage but it isn't just for that. It's a great site and the gentleman who owns it's has numerous vinyl patents and knows his stuff. This is the link to the facebook page. The products are top-notch and work wonders.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Twin-Pin ... 6540685179
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
britanie28532

Post by britanie28532 »

I have no advise, but congrats!
What a treasure :heart:
Kelliegirl

Post by Kelliegirl »

Oh, how neat that you found her! :toast:
Hugs, Kellie :D

~*Precious Baby Girl*~
Sis

Post by Sis »

Thank you very much! I can't wait to get her cleaned up!
Qhloe

Post by Qhloe »

She's soooo pretty. I'm not an expert but baking soda and warm water mix on a cloth took a lot of dirt off my Playpal dolls. Not sure about the dress, maybe drycleaning?
tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

How nice of your friend................she is just beautiful.............I had a bride doll that looks just like her when I was little...........and that was a long time ago..................Hugs, Kathy